Celebrating 10 years of EverQuest 2: Looking at 10 Memorable Lands and Counting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Thimdirran Active Member

Ahhh, I managed to locate the exact spot you were in during the screenshot and three things occurred to me. You were using non-widescreen resolution back then (hiding just about every identifying part of the landscape), there is a mailbox by that griffon tower now, and you were running to the Gnollslayer Keep :)
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

It is possible to revisit the Isle of Refuge, at a later time when it has been laid waste by epic orcs, drakes and the dragon Darathar. I think there may be restrictions such as minimum level 50, must have completed some quest or other (I forget which: it might be called 'Deception'?) -- but I hesitate to state exactly what I believe the requirements to be because everything changes...

I go there from time to time just to hear the Isle's hauntingly nostalgic music.
  3. Brienae Active Member

In January 2006 my boyfriend (who is now my husband) allowed me to create a character on his account. I excitedly created a Ratonga Priest named Tetriemmy. Upon showing him my adorable mouse I was informed I would have to betray her because all of his characters were good and could not share the bank with an evil character. (At the time all Ratongas were evil)
    So Tetriemmy left the Isle of Refuge and headed to Freeport where she attempted to end the life of Lucan D'lere as a level 10 Druid.... didn't work so well. After failing to kill the over lord Tetriemmy was banished. During this time if you died you had to run back to your corpse or you suffered severe penalties. Since her corpse shard was technically in Lucan's castle she was unable to return to her corpse so she suffered severe penalties while running through Nektolous forest... a level 30 zone still at level 10.
    Upon reaching Antonica Tetriemmy was informed that trying to kill the Overlord was an evil act. To prove she was truly repentant and had a good heart Tetri was tasked with killing 1000 gnolls (if memory serves correctly, may have been less but it was a lot of gnolls) during this time I could not level her beyond 19. Upon completing her gnoll genocide Tetriemmy arrived in Qeynos and became a level 20 Fury.
    Not long after this the shared bank was opened to all characters on the account and they did away with the Priest -->Druid----> Fury progression as well as the corpse retrieval, also the betrayal quest was simplified.

My husband quit playing once we were married because we didn't have the money. In 2009 we both began playing. We paid to transfer Tetriemmy to my new account. We've been playing together ever since. Many things have changed since 2006. Tetri has been demoted in her standing as I play my troubador more however I will never forget those first experiences in the game and Tetri remains special because she was the first character I ever created.
  4. Leetha New Member

Somewhere in the first months of 2005 I created a little story about Leetha, my cute wizard. Leetha is still around and now all geared up to enter the new lands next week...

Here the story. Enjoy ;)

-------

Leetha raids Freeport
    =================

Well, it was one these days that I have been walking along roads that I never saw before. Completely lost I asked another traveller the name of these lands. He told me these lands were known as the Common Lands...

As hitted by lighting on a clear day I realized suddenly that this was my oppertunity... FREEPORT WOULD BE MINE!!!

With swift steps I started to walk until I reached a small town.... Crossroads it was called. One of the guards was not very friendly I must say...

[IMG]

Hmm... yes sure, death to the enemies of Lucan... but ehh, who is this Lucan? Clearly this guard was not very intelligent, because he could not explain to me who Lucan was... he stood there with red face trying to catch his breath... Bah, those uneducated people...

Ah well, after some looking around I found a sign pointing in the direction of Freeport. Ah yes, soon this would be arranged as they should. Whistling a happy tune I started to walk in the direction of Freeport.... and after a rather long walk the city appeared at the horizon. My feet started to hurt, but I made it... I reached the door of Freeport...

[IMG]

But it was unbelieveable... here I was. The future Queen of Freeport and they did not even open the door for... Worse, they completely ignored me. I can assure you, I never have been so angry.... How did they dare. Well, if they thought they could do this to me, they were wrong... very wrong!!!!

One things was sure to me, I would find my way into Freeport. They would accept my leadership... no matter what.

I wandered around the city and there I found what I wanted.....

[IMG]

When there are docks.... then there is a way into the city. Briljant... as I always said "I love it when a plan comes together".

[IMG]

Well, I tried to be humble and entered the city at Beggar's court so the lowest of my new subjects could greet me and give me a proper welcome... but what was this? Again noboddy.... I was completely ignored...

[IMG]

I think they must have been busy when I walked into the city, I saw hard working people. I stopped with two of them and had a nice chat with them. Very social they were not... I had to pull every word out of them..

[IMG]

But what happened then is really unbelievable.... I saw one of the guards, those people who protect the city. I walked towards him to introduce myself has his new leader.... Instead of being grateful, he attacks me and throws me out of city.... Ohhh, he will suffer when I am the Queen of Freeport. He will regret his deeds... How did he dare...

[IMG]

But there I was... outside the city again... but one day I will succeed and then I will be Queen of Freeport....

(moral of this story: One does strange things when you are bored :p )
    Afista_SOE likes this.
  5. Denaddili New Member

I started playing Everquest 2 in 2006, just before the crafting had become simpler. I had picked a server closest to the one I played in EQ1, Permafrost for Prexus. I actually found a guild that I had known in EQ1 as well. A few weeks in, as lowly conjurer, I needed help with the named bear in Oakmyst. It's how and where I met my now husband, Valun. We had an online love affair for a year. He then flew across the ocean to visit me in the US a few times in 2007 and 2008. In that time we had a daughter, we got married, and I moved to Scandinavia! I am forever grateful to EQ2 for helping me find the love of my life. We'll celebrate 6 years married on January 1!