Celebrate with Tempting Treasures!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I understand how others feel about currency exchange. I personally would not want to delete obsoleted currency after the hard work put into earning them. For some coins, you can get rid of them by buying house items and spell upgrades in the zones in which you get the currency. But in the more recently obsoleted zones, you can only get gear for the currency you got from that zone, therefore you can only purchase gear that is useless for the latest expansions. I too would like to see 1:1 currency exchange or give each zone a vendor that lets you spend the obsoleted currency on spell upgrades, House Items, or something else that could be of use.
    Cyrrena and Cassta like this.
  2. Billiemo Member

Can someone tell me what BOL currency is and where you get it. My sister said she thinks it is Deepwater coins from the Klong tradeskill quests but i searched and have not been able to confirm this. However since it is double this week would sure be nice to know where to get it. Thanks in advance :)
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's double through January 3rd so you have quite some time. The actual currency you can receive will start tomorrow when Blood of Luclin launches.
    Cyrrena, parissa, Cassta and 3 others like this.
  4. Billiemo Member

thank you
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

That's what I do too. I have a whole box set up with nothing but currency in it, that way whoever needs it can grab it.
    Cyrrena, parissa and Cassta like this.
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I would like to see the back order of all the player studio stuff be up for sale. I really have no use for all these items, but that is just me.
  7. Carynn Well-Known Member

Whee! Double guild status.

I chime in on the coins. I think all old coins should be made sellable for personal status. But considering how many types of old coins there are, I'd imagine finding and coding it all would be a serious pita. Maybe a new vendor who will buy anything itemized as Coin for a static X status points.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Cassta like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I haven't tried with all coins, but I think most can be sold for status. You have to take them out of your currency tab and put them in a bag first.
    Cyrrena, Carynn and Cassta like this.
  9. Cassta Well-Known Member

I LOVE this idea. It is kind of like turning in our candies for candy corn during NoTD. It would be nice to have an exchange center. I still have 2 Goblin Gold coins I can no longer use. LOL
    Bobthebuilder89 and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Cassta Well-Known Member

DELETE! *Cassta faints and crashes to the floor* You can delete stuff? I thought you had to keep buying houses for storage! :D LOL
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  11. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said Rynn.:)
  12. Cassta Well-Known Member

I have the same but still find it crazy that all the different currencies actually fill up an entire full-size bag or box. Mind blowing.:confused:
    Rynnn, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. parissa Well-Known Member

That's a really good idea... Think I will do that set up... Will make it so much easier than camping to figure out who and swapping...
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Because there's always another alt who somehow needs armor or adorns or something from those old tiers!
  15. daicia Well-Known Member

I firmly agree with this. There's no logical reason I can see why they should retain their exact value in that case. If you're clearing up clutter, any exchange in which you get anything back at all is mighty generous. People have to replace gear and upgrade spells anew every expansion, so the coins are really not any different from that shift to new content.
  16. Nunja Well-Known Member

There is a merchant on BBM docks that you can sell them to for mutable stuffs.
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Chronia Member

I strongly disagree. We worked hard for them, but may not have made enough to buy anything with them. What I think would be fair is a 1:1 conversion for non-game progression tokens i.e. fluff tokens, erollisi, grottos, beer tokens, frostfell tokens, city tokens. things where you can largely just buy fluff and not gear so it doesn't give you an advantage in the game's new content, but can still be useful. I would like to see see old event tokens converted to recurring fluff event tokens. This will not adversely affect new content gameplay, but will allow us to still use them for something relevant that is unrelated to mechanics and adventuring in new content. Selling them for status is another option, though not one I would prefer, however, both this and converting to recurring event tokens (again holiday event tokens) would at least give us a couple choices, destroying always being an option. In total I think that this would grant 3, agreeable options, that do not give anyone an unfair advantage to game play but also takes into account how hard we worked to get those tokens. with a 1:1 conversion that does not give any advantage to new expansion/gu content.
    Moonpanther, Marae and Sigrdrifa like this.