Celebrate with Tempting Treasures!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 13, 2019.

1. ModaanOfTarq New Member

Good morning to all. Second post for me since returning a month ago so forgive my maybe "noobish" post. I am thankful for all manner of goodness and fun we're given by this game. They do great work. My only question or suggestion is:

With every expansion there's new currency it appears. Can us players please get one central area that has ALL vendors for ALL currencies? That includes the status items we get that say "can be sold for status". As a returning player from 14 years ago, I have no idea where any of these vendors are or what's the gain from finding the vendor. So I save items I may not ever need.

There are so many things to remember for a returning player, it would be nice if my suggestion were created. Thank you again.

Your humble Armor maker of Antonia Bayle,
    Oplisha
    Cassta, Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Live will not be getting double XP because it can't be separated between players ready for the new XPac and players not ready for the new xpac, which means players playing in current content will out level that content quicker than intended.

Remember, lots of players aren't members as well so I am reminding them that members get an additional 10% on top of the regular sale the receive.
    Cassta, Cyrrena, Tangris and 2 others like this.
  3. parissa Well-Known Member

Is there something I am missing? I thought all currency went into a curreny tab? Does it cause lag or something? I don't mind the coins, out of sight out of mind... I still have them from way too many years back... Reminds me of some fun times... But I am curious why it bugs alot of people... Other than you do have to scroll through to see if you have the right one you are trying to use...
    Cassta, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Cassta Well-Known Member

That is usually how it works. It is an additional 10% off for a total of 30% off. :D
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

no you get 20% off and then you get 10% off the resulting amount
  6. Cassta Well-Known Member

You are right, my bad. :( Maybe I fell asleep at the computer, was dreaming and wrote out the dream. :rolleyes:
    Cyrrena, parissa and Bludd like this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

I feel ya heh
    Cyrrena and Cassta like this.
  8. Tangris Well-Known Member

The status vendors as well as a few others are on the docks of the two main cities, as far as the xpac vendors (who may also have status vendors for that zone) those always stay at the main hub of that expansion, so for this past one that was the Myrist library, this new xpac will be what ever area the devs made for us, so they should be near the docks or at the main hub of the xpac you are currently playing in.
    Welcome back.
    Cassta, parissa and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Regarding currencies, you can always destroy what you don't plan to use of the old stuff.
    What I would like to see however is in-game currency earned, flagged as account currency rather than each character having to earn their own or having to move it to shared bank for alts. ;)
    Cassta, Blazen, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  10. Rynnn Member

Thank you for all you do with this game. <3
    May you all have a blessed and wonderful Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.
  11. parissa Well-Known Member

Ohhh... I would love that... account wide instead of having to get off one put in bank and then back onto one who needs it to put in their currency slot... Oh the pain, especially remember which one has the stuff... lol especially those chocolate coins ;)
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The items that sell for status, no longer have to be taken to each individual guild like the fighters guild or the mages guild like back in the day. They can all be sold at the City Merchant. There are issues with the CD ones and maybe the PoP ones that they were supposed to fix, not sure if they have been, I haven't tried to sell any in a while. I am talking about things like the beeswax scroll, the moonstone scrying stone, etc...
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  13. Chronia Member

That is the current problem, older coins ARE exchanged for FEWER coins, and that' not fair to those of us who worked so hard to get those coins when the event that they were used for was running. It needs to be a 1:1 conversion, not a 5:1 or whatever the stupidly low exchange is. If they let us exchange them for recurring live event currencies it would be fair. No unfair advantage to going through the new content to fast, and no currency lost to those who worked so hard to earn the old ones when they first came out. For example: 1 Quellithullian Token of Appreciation for 1 elemental token (grottos currency), or 1 Goblin gold for 1 city token, or 1 Token of Greater Teleportation for 1 loyalty token. 1:1, no unfair advantage to powering through new content.
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Chronia Member

It bugs me because I have so many I have to scroll through just to find out how much of a current currency I have, plus, you have old currency sitting there, that you earned but can no longer spend.
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Not all can be sold to the City Merchant. Some can only be sold to the Patron of Oddities in Thalumbra or to a guild hall merchant. Fyreflyte was going to have this fixed, but didn't get around to it before he was made redundant.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

You worked for them, but then didn't spend them. Delete them if they bother you, but in no way should old coins be equal to new coins.
    daicia, Cassta, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  17. Audrel Member

Dreamweaver, are the dates for the second promotion correct? They are the same as what you have listed for the first promotion.

Thank you for all the launch/holiday promotions. Much appreciated.
    Cassta, parissa and Cyrrena like this.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The Bonuses start the same time as the sale!
    Cyrrena, Cassta and parissa like this.
  19. parissa Well-Known Member

Yes the scrolling does get long after a while... Don't blame you there :) Remember which character is my craziest part... I am now scrolling through all my characters to figure out who has the deepwater coins... cause i think that ends today :(
    Cyrrena and Cassta like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can pull currency out of the currency tab into your bags, and destroy it or stick it in the bank if you prefer. I do this so my lower level alts can access the currency.
    Cyrrena, daicia, parissa and 2 others like this.