CB to Pot to Fervor (plus others) Conversion - Math Wiz Needed

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hest01, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Good to know.
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

The very rough 1-50-150 ballpark that I posted earlier in the xpac was based on gear I had on at the time. This is the important thing to remember, everyone's values will be different.

But without basing it on an individual, and if you want to go with the 1-50-150 we can say:

pot is worth 1 point
    cb is worth 3
    fervor is worth 150

Compare gear choices that way if you like, my numbers are different than that but these may work for you and/or the op.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

I would still be interested in seeing this. Did you ever clean it up. I know it's been a while but I have been doing some testing and my numbers are acting pretty screwy...
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

as it seem what is working nowadays is this formula
    (1+pot/100)*(1+fervor/100) which can give rough idea's when and what to flip fervor for Pot or vise versa
  5. Easiette Member

U cannot have a predetermined ratio for what is best, as stated, it all depends on the current total pool of the stat u try to increase.
    Without ever using a calculator for it i usually go by this rule, barring caps and/or amod, increasing any of "your" current pool by 1% will more or less increase "your" dps by 1%.

U will have to include the base dmg (100) into the equation for both pot and fervor

so if u got 3k cb, 20k pot, 100 fervor it would compare like 30cb vs 201 pot vs 2 fervor

but if u got 2k cb, 15k pot, 10 fervor it would compare like 20cb vs 151 pot vs 1.1 fervor

i'm sure this can be described in a nice formula.

These days i've not had any need to compare any of these stats to amod, since i primarily choose gear for their potency values, knowing that amod will follow by reforging.
    Jrox likes this.
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

I look at it in much the same way Easiette. I was just wondering if someone out there actually had a formula for the idea.
  7. Lemilla Active Member

For a rough estimate, the method from Easiette is correct.

If you want an actual precise formula, things get a lot more complicated. This formula would not be just those 3 stats, but has to include all your stats during combat, your casting order and any damage procs. There are some spreadsheets around that to this for specific classes, though they generally are not user friendly or up to date. For example, this warlock spreadsheet explains most mechanics, but it's a bit behind on stat caps or base stat increases from for example tithe, and ascension is not included. And this Channeler specific sheet is something I made last year (user manual not included).

If you want something more accurate than what you already know, you'll end up with something complicated. Not sure if it will do you any good to go that far.
    Jrox likes this.
  8. Easiette Member

Indeed, there is a lot to consider, for example:
    -adding a 1k pot item will increase your pot by a lot more then just 1k due to diety points and/or ascension buffs.
    -if you are a scout that focuses on releasing their big stuff during their ravaging proc then wearing a low pot belt for its 8 fervor on top of that temporary 180 fervor might not be all that good as it seems
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Thank you; this is an excellent point - many (if not most) scouts heavy relay on blowing "big chain" during ethereal ravaging proc (+100 Fervor)