Captain Greymast?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Tackk, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

Yes, bring butter.
    Feldon and Avahlynn like this.
  2. Shadowscale Active Member

gem bound to Layns? you mean the bloodmoon gem that is part of the SK mythic formally known as the stone of kithkor? the SK mythic quest line has a lot about Layns current condition and the primordial malice. is a good read.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why there are so many gems involved with Layns. The Bloodmoon gem was ment to be part of a ritual to empower Layns. Inny also bound what was left of Layns after he got ahold of her and drained her divine power to help preserve the Plane of Hate. As far as we can tell Inny drained all of the lesser and demi gods he was responsible for to preserve his own power. None of them have made a return yet.

Vazaelle was reduced to madness and used to create the Necromancer epic. Even less is known about Sayrn's fate.
  4. Lovestar Active Member

That is so wonderfully Innoruuk. Good call, writers. ^.^
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Vazelle was a demigod of Cazic, though yea we bound her mortal remains into the necro epic. and he didn't drain them all apparently...Ully was around she baited and trapped Erollisi.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

Ully wasn't around before the split. If EQ1 has her its because they stole the idea for Ully from the EQ2 team.

Though come to think of it, her creation is a bit of a mystery. She had to be around before the whole Nektropos Castle incident which happened during the Age of Cataclysms. Erollisi had to be around to make the deal with Drinal. So just when was this all suppose to have happened?

And when was Erollisi trapped? After the return of the gods? Before? If Before it explains why Ully wasn't drained. If After...when? When the Shard of Love appeared? So no sign of Erollisi until she was trapped? If so...that was a huge delay between her being trapped, Mithanial Marr "freed" and the statue being placed in her memory. Though I guess the other possibilities are even longer periods of time.

The obvious excuse for not draining Ully would be that she didn't have enough power to matter, much like the trolls you see in the Shard of Hate. No worshipers, no plane of their own. Just the shadow of a goddess.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

judging from the story of Calum (drinal's steward) I would guess that Ully was 'born' shortly after the War of the Plagues in Qeynos. which was before the cataclysms I think? cause Calum was the demigod that E.Marr wanted as devotion, and selene(if I'm remebering her name right) is the jealous lover that became Ully. and he nearly died protecting her from a Bloodsaber attack during the attempted coup.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

Found a copy of the book in EQ2i's database.

The Enemy Within recants the story. Selena was a Knight in high standing with the Sentries of Passion within the Temple of Marr in Freeport. By the way the story is recounted I can only conclude that Selena's act happened before Lucan rose to power. The temple after Lucan would of been guarded more tightly and on guard for militia trouble makers disguised as pilgrims.

Selena's act of betrayal might of caught Inny's attention, but it alone wasn't enough to give Ully the power of a god. Probably what did it was acting as the binding agent in Inny's trap.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

well she was called Ullorruuk during the betrayal in that already, so I think she was a demigod by that point. Ully proposes the trap to Inny, who agrees to go along with it. Inny is notoriously slack when it comes to why he promotes. he promoted Ully for her betrayal of her lover/E.Marr's faith. just like Sarymn he promotes for her jealousy that makes her murder her lover/husband and what she thought was his mistress through torture...and then it sounded like she did it to any couple that reminded her of her situation as well. obviously a nutjob serial torturer.
  10. Wanyen Active Member

Also rightful bearer of the fabled Quadrilateral Cords?
  11. Rezikai Member

Meirril is correct, as I recall the Nektropos Castle events with Everling and his daughters while not actually in Nek forest in-game in EQ1 is in the "background" lore hence is part of the EQ1 canon, though it's creators didn't get to flesh it out in the time they had for EQ1 and waited until EQ2 to bring it actually into game.

Selena would have been turned to Ully prior to the Everling events as he takes her as his patron deity later on.
  12. Ganeryen New Member

Isn't this the part where Spongebob finds out that Squidward had the gem with Lanys in it. And Squidward gives it to Plankton for a magical flute to open the Planes. And Patrick, Sandy and Mr. Crabs has to fight Plankton to get it back.