Captain Greymast?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Tackk, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Tackk New Member

So now that Kera and RT are fighting it out in Luclin, I guess we will be revisiting them another time.

I was looking at the new expansion dialog and it opened with the following;
    "Unswayed in their quest to find Captain Greymast, the heroes sent by the Overlord of Freeport and by the benevolent Queen of Qeynos, arrive in the Phantom Sea."

Who is Captain Greymast, and why do we want to find him?
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

The Charismatic leader of the Crimson Crustacean known as a smuggler of fine goods is wanted in both Freeport and Qeynos for a series of audacious and bold dash n dine offences and unpaid bar tabs said to run into the thousands of silver. Captain Greymast is wanted by both the Overlord and Antonia to answer for a series of political assassination attempts and unflattering imitations of notable political figures. Insiders are trying to predict if Captain Greymast will receive an accommodation for his acidic wit or a public execution. The safe bet is both.

Honestly, never herd of him before. I'm going to assume this is a whole new NPC that probably is the Over Pirate King of the Gunthak Pirate Clan and current Captain of the Hate's Fury. The Hate's Fury has lore behind it from EQ1. But I don't remember any refrences to this guy when we were stomping through the tiny little Broken Skull Rock that we have here in EQ2. The EQ1 version was HUGE. Like the size of Freeport.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the write up tells you who Captain Greymast is. he's the 'sole' surivior of whatever catastrophe happened to the Isel of Refuge, and we are basically trying to track him down for answers on what happened, and or his involvement in it.
  4. Lovestar Active Member

Wait, so this is going to explain in-lore why new characters can't start in the old tutorial areas any more? :p
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

seems like it. apparently very bad things happened after the FSTC decided to break the Pact of Tserin.
  6. Lovestar Active Member

Oooooooh they should turn the Isle of Refuge into an end-game zone!

That'd be great irony for vets, coming back at level 100 (I think that's the cap now?) to the place you started the game at level 1 10 years ago.

And killing the EPIC x4 REANIMATED ZOMBIES of your former quest-givers, etc. :p
    flameweaver likes this.
  7. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Actually it was...at launch. The final showdown with Darathar at the end of the Prismatic quest line took place there, IIRC.
  8. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I'm going to make a guess. the FSTC had a deal/bargain with the Akheveans. the Akheveans give them power, and the FSTC gives them access to the world via their trade routes to help them look for whatever it is they are after. however over time, the Akheveans believe that the FSTC have the item/person and are keeping it from them in order to keep their pact. Or possibly Greymast found it, and tried to hide it. but either way...the Akheavan's turned on them.

And and they hit the Isle of Refuge first. which seems to be the meeting place for Qeynos/Freeport/FSTC when they need to make bargains or rehash deals, and Greymast got the hell outta dodge. we get there, find the place in ruins, note he's the only one we can't account for..and go searching for him.
  9. Lovestar Active Member

Ahhh OK. Was way before my time, haha. :p

Rainmare's idea sounds plausible. Where does Lanys T'Vyl come into everything, though? Since she seems to be the ultimate centerpiece of the expansion.
  10. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Highly likely, while we're off being Adventurers, hunting down Greymast for our respective main city, we trip over a rock, and knock open a path to her Shard or just plain unsealing wherever she's been resting, like how we found Firiona in CoE. The Lifeguide being tainted when Firiona gets it back suggests EQ1 Lanys pulled some shenanigans while "helping" that thread's adventurers.

Regardless of the 'how', its going to be our fault...again. I suppose a lot of people tend to forget how we accidentally woke up the Sun and Moon Dragons in DoF, tripped over Mistmoore's foot in EoF, rediscovered Kunark by total accident, helped the Gnomish Airship reach Ykesha, used the Wizard spires too much and unlocked the pathway to Ulteria in SF, etc etc.

Seriously, the only thing keeping US from getting publicly executed is the fact that our helpfulness WAAAAY outweighs all the crap our adventuring has caused lol.
  11. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Or as I put it once, "We're adventurers, we never learn!"
  12. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

XD and to this quote, from a personality perspective, my swash would put on sunglasses and go "Hell yeah we don't!" with a grin.
  13. Rainmare Well-Known Member

We didn't find Firiona in CoE, she was ripped there by Drinal. we didn't accidentally wake up the dragons in DoF, they were always there, just bound in forms during day/night thanks to the Djinn Master's treachery. we didn't trip over Mistmoore foot, we went looking for the missing Soulfire after Opal stole it, and she in turn handed it to D'vinn, who handed it to Mayong. We did help the gnomes refit/unearth the airship, because we needed to get to Ykesha due to the invasion of Anashti Sul's shadowedmen. the Ultera spires was the Quellthulians coming to tell use how to make them work, under orders from El'Arad who was taking orders from Rohen Theer.

about the only things that is the fault of adventurers being Adventurers is the destruction of the Ring of Scale in our hunt for Mythicals, and Kerafyrm getting the Godslaying power because he manipluated us into getting him the peices to face Theer. most everything else is NPC started and we go to either fix thier messes or counter thier plans.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Ah. XD Well that still doesn't help matters much. That literally means we're now doing a job we're NOT used to, if all we've done is clean things up so far. Now we have to explore and actually....adventure.
  15. Lovestar Active Member

so in conclusion we don't know where Lanys ties in yet : p
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Pretty much. This is Lanys we're talking about...its going to be some disney villain reveal even if it would be something normally shocking. Actually, every time I think about Lanys I also think of Hades....>.>
  17. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm going to take a while stab in the dark here and say that Inny gave the gem that Layns was bound in to the captain of the Hate's Fury as a reward. We find out that the Guthunk Pirates are responsible for sacking the Isle of Refuge, and track them to their lair. There we face off with the (new?) Pirate King and in his defeat the gem gets destroyed releasing Layns. As per usual instead of having the decency to die Layns gets reborn as the Goddess of Envy (and becomes worshipable after this). Layns avatar can be found deeper in the pirate's lair.

Or Ulluuruuk is responsible for the gem leaving Inny's possession. Trust the lady of betrayal Inny? Hehehe.
  18. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with Ully is free, and she took the gem, handed it to the Primordial Malice, who are seeking a way to break it/restore Lanys because Ully wants her help in taking Inny down a peg or two. and the gem is going to react to the 'infection' of malice in the lifeguide as a jumpstart to Lanys' revival.
  19. Meirril Well-Known Member

This is a rare moment. Rainmare and I agree. :D
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    ?