Can't log in

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Malbro, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Lazary New Member

I"m getting the try again later sever login error. It wil go through the 3 login servers.
  2. SirFeelingGood New Member

me too, and i havent logged in since 2008, so i was hoping it kinda worked :D, Good to know its just not my computer or networkd messing it up
  3. Appak New Member

That's what happens when servers are down for a reboot.
  4. Baleh New Member

Same here..
  5. SirFeelingGood New Member

aha. so theyr coming back soon then :)
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

If it's Tuesday am, it's Patch Day, boys and girls. Surprised you missed the big red message at the forum news log in. Server's down as is normal, even though the lack of Dev patch notes updating us is somewhat surprising.
  7. SirFeelingGood New Member

no its not :), but i havent playd since 2008, and i did not get any red flaged msg, first loggin since christmas 8 years ago, so im looking forward to see whats left of my chars
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Status: 12/27/2016 7:19 PST - The game is currently down for scheduled restart.

This is what is still posted at the top of the forums.
  9. SirFeelingGood New Member

hehe i saw it just moments ago! :) oh well lets hope my characters still there :)
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We can only hope. Don't know if you saw it, but after 8 years, lots of changes. There's a great post by one of the players with a lot of good advice about getting back into the game after a hiatus. Check it out.
  11. SirFeelingGood New Member

you got a link ? or is it on one of the forum posts and easy to find ?
  12. Bloodez Pomegranate

me too, and i havent logged in since 2008, so i was hoping it kinda worked :D, Good to know its just not my computer or networkd messing it up - SirFeelingGood (you might want to reinstall launcher since SoE owned it then!
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sir, go all the way in to the character select screen when you are able to log in. There have been server merges since you were here last, so your toons are likely to show up on servers you are not familiar with. It's also not a bad idea to delete your logincache-us (or -eu) folder first. (some people have had to do this - I never did.)

You may also find characters with new names, that is, a 'z' tacked onto the end - that means there were duplicate names. You get one free rename - use slash command /rename for each of those toons. If you receive an error message when renaming, that name is also unavailable, so choose a different name and try again until it goes through. Welcome back!
    Shmogre likes this.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It's currently in Tips, Tricks on Gameplay and sits at bottom of forum page. Written by Carbajal. Very well done.
  15. SirFeelingGood New Member

thank you so much, yeah its been a ride, was in the original beta, and all, shame if they have given away my name, but i can understand why hehe, what server is good and active ?
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

17. puppybreath Active Member

I know its patch day but why does it say the servers are up when they are not? I have np waiting but dont tell me I can play when I cant dang it!!!
  18. Shaithis New Member

Update from a DEV would be nice. Page says server is UP. Login says SkyFire cant be found.
  19. Adevil Well-Known Member

Page always says the servers are up. Think that must be marketing spin since it apparently has nothing to do with the actual server state.
  20. Cat Kill New Member

Damn, on login indicated only some of chars.
    After this have to go out 3-4 times to get others.
    During zoning fly away from game and same problem as above.
    What is going on on server?