can we get a pause button?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by suka, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Daenys Member

And, again, if it's an emergency, you won't care about losing a potion/rare/etc... Emergency is, by definition, more important than other things.
    I think you should stop complaining and start priorizing.
    Kuulei and Moonpanther like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Pause buttons in multi-player games don't really work though... because you'd have to pause the entire instance, at the very least. It makes perfect sense in single player games, but pausing everybody (even just everybody in a specific instance) any time anybody in the instance wanted to take a quick break makes a very poor gaming experience for those who do not want to pause.
    Feldon, Kuulei, Shmogre and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I play this game because its supposed to be a living breathing experience meaning anything can happen. Now I could be on the phone and the door bell rings... What do I do? I determine which is more important. If its not important to be on the phone I end that and then answer the door. Time does not pause for me in real life. I realize its a game but its a game that we interact with many many others. If I camp to character select it saves lots of time logging in since it doesn't require me to enter password, etc. Camping takes 20 seconds. That right there is a pausing button...logging out off your character. That is what everyone I know does if they are in middle of rush order or a potion and needs to pause.

I have every type of crafter and almost every recipe out there. Crafting for me is about crafting for others but not just slap it on the broker. People ask me to craft something for them and I interact with them to get them what they need. I have never lost a rare but I spend the time to get all the crafting gear and gadgets to speed things up. If you are losing rares, bug report it.Tell them specifically what you were making that you lost a rare when stopping. Rush orders don't take rares. There are still fatal combines such as the shawl update in the cave, crafting certain items for a signature quest line in SHL, etc. Experimenting is one of the ways developers gave those people wanting more complicated crafting added back into the game. Being able to pause during it takes away from it being complicated.

I used to have a friend that thought everyone in a group should pause for her. She would make us all stop completely regardless if we needed her help in what we were doing. She would go afk to take bio break. Then 1 minute after she gets back it would be wait! and she would be afk 10 minutes oh her husband called. Back a couple minutes wait! oh now she just has to have a smoke. Wait! now she has to snuggle with her pet 15 minutes. I swear a 30 minute zone would take us 4 hours. It was highly annoying. Everything in her book was more important. I just plain stopped grouping with her because she drove me completely nuts. The way people act with cell phones drives me nuts as well. What the heck can be so important that you have to look at your phone every 30 seconds instead of having a conversation with the person in front of you. Its just rude. Now if someone warned me hey my wife might go into labor any second so I will have to watch my phone...that is an emergency situation and totally get that. People with their tweeting and cell phones and everything make think everything is happening in their life is critical to deal with right this absolute second. I really don't care if you just burped...don't tweet me about it.

I don't feel like anyone was panicking at all. Every one has a right to express their reasoning for or against this idea and I encourage anyone with an opinion regarding this topic to chime in. You are the one that post on the forums. If you don't want people to chime in on why not the use /feedback? Saying well your not a mother...or whatever is not helping your cause one bit that just makes people upset. There are plenty of parents out there that have real life impact their game play. There are lots of us out there with disabilities that interrupt our game play. There are pet owners out there. There is tons of reasons all of us get interrupted. I think what people really have an issue with is asking the developers to change the game to be a completely single player game in every single possible way.

I don't want to play a single player game. I love interacting with people and that anything can happen and will. If they put a pause into the game, it would totally break the feel of the game being an mmo and I don't think I would want to play it anymore. There are plenty of ways for me to be alone in the game by turning off all channels while logged into a character nobody knows. Even then I wouldn't want a pause in the game. This is my opinion that I would like the developers to see and know that as a paying customer I would prefer that their very very valuable time be spent on bring us awesome content instead.
    Feldon, Alenna, Kuulei and 2 others like this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

kk would you like to give me the rares i keep losing? they are kind of difficult to get and i can harvest a whole day and only get between 10 to 20 of them- not enough for a whole set of armor
  5. suka Well-Known Member

i'm not complaining about anyone chiming in. what irritates me is that people act like i don't have the right to ask for it. i do have the right. so i will ask for it.

also even the devs suggest we do our feedback on here. not really sure why everyone gets so upset when someone makes a suggestion on these forums. debate is good. chiming in is good. but the tone of some of the posts leave me wondering
  6. suka Well-Known Member

how does a pause button on tradeskills affect your game? and why does everyone go crazy with snide remarks over a simple request or suggestion? just like, how does the way i want to play affect you? i am beginning to think everyone is kind of strange on here. they strain at a gnat and swallow a camel. as simple pause on tradeskills? really? that is enough to tear everyone apart? wow. i just started world war 3

i love hearing people who logically give the opposite view. but some people would rather put other people down than to calmly present the opposite view.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

pausing a tradeskill would not pause an entire instance. it would pause the tradeskill window. you did notice i put this under tradeskills, right?
  8. suka Well-Known Member

no one is complaining. how is making a suggestion complaining? perhaps people should stop putting down people who make suggestions and actually realize that they have a right to make them.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

get it straight people please. i am NOT complaining. I am exercising my right to make a suggestion on the forums. and for everyone getting all weirded out about the game as a whole, did anyone notice the thread is in the TRADESKILL forum? stop and think. everytime someone makes a suggestion here,. people begin to act like it is a personal attack and begin to attack the poster. i don't think that is what the forums are for. so stop attacking. to answer reasonably and in the proper scope of the suggestion is one thing, to act like it is the end of the world is another.

no one suggested that your raid be put on pause. if someone is stopping every few minutes and you allow them to control your group, then that becomes a problem you allow. so don't allow it - don't group with people who do that to you. it was one of the factors that made me solo.

but how does a pause on a tradeskill window really affect your game? so you can choose not to pause or to pause. how does allowing that option ruin tradeskilling for you? if you have a reasonable answer in the scope of the thread, please chime in.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

and i don't want to hear prioritize or you can do it without it. that wasn't the issue. the issue is plain and simple- allowing an option to pause a tradeskill for any reason someone may have would not harm anyone and would not affect anyone's game. it would be a choice - use it or don't use it. but it would allow the choice to those who want to use it. so how would that ruin your game?
  11. suka Well-Known Member

how does pausing the entire game in any way relates to the subject of a thread put in tradeskill forum about pausing the tradeskill window? get real here. we aren't talking about pausing the game. we are talking about pausing a window.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

lol- yeah funny. but this is the tradeskill forum and we are talking about a tradeskill window, not a raid. like the humor though.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

mmos can work that way. a simple pause window on a tradeskill window that is used by a single player- not a group
  14. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Holy replies Suka. Just to chime in. There are different functionalities of tradeskilling in different games. In our world, we have a constant automatic progress that is not stopped unless you fail, or succeed your combine, with counters in it.
    In Rift and some others, it is a gather what you need, click the amount, and go get a coffee craft with no other interaction.
    In FF14:ARR, it is a step by step minigame of sorts, in which you decide the next 1 step is, and the craft will not continue until you click another action... similar to a pause mechanism.

Overall, there are different ways to handle the situation as shown in various games. If Suka wants this feature, fine as for it, however, people are right to pose their opposite opinions if they have it. In the end, it is up to the development team to decide what goes into EQ2 and at what time.

My 2cp.
    Moonpanther and suka like this.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

i so agree- people should give their opinions. they should leave the putting down and personal comment part out and give their viewpoints. thank you- well written.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

and i thank all of those who posted their honest opinions without putting me down. you will notice i put a like on most of them. because i do value people's input and i do value an opinion that may be opposite of mine when honestly stated without putting people down. i don't have to agree with you to love your post.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Wow, I think thats a record for suka posts one after another.
    goodness a pause feature could undoubtedly quadruple the number of replies! :p
    Just kidding :D
    Kidding aside, if you don't want the community involved with game suggestions, might I "suggest" you use /feedback while in the game? There it goes directly to the development team. Posting on the forums, will only get your suggestion lost in the rhetoric.
    Feldon likes this.
  18. Meirril Well-Known Member

Lethal events are specific to certain recipes. If you have done the Crafting Weapon quest in Quellthule you should still have the recipe for a void crystal. You can also click the boxes over by the researcher to get more materials to make crystals. The crystals are a house item and actually look quite nice.

Fail any event while making a crystal and you'll die. Just like the section of the shawl quests when your making crystals for that. I think there is at least one more crafting quest that has a lethal recipe but it isn't coming to me right now.
    suka likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

did you read my replies? i didn't oppose the community being involved. i don't like to see people put other people down, myself included, for posting a suggestion to the forums. i see it happen all the time, not just to me. i like when people present both views to the forums. i like opposing views. if people could post without getting personal and accusing the op of whining, that would be awesome. hard to have a give and take conversation with people who think just because you post an idea on the forums you are whining, crying and complaining. they act like it is a crime to post an idea.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

i did the void crystal but never died. and i didn't know i could get more materials. thanks- i will have to check that out. i guess i didn't die because i didn't fail it.