Can more than one character sell at a time?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Derillion, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Paddy McGloin Guest

Kretyn@Najena wrote:
    I just tried putting an item in a broker box with nothing else for sale and it kicked my seller off the market. You can access the broker board, you can even take stuff out of the boxes, and it doesn't do anything; but once I place an item in there for storage it kicks my seller off.

Marking "Bag Contents Not For Sale" can only be done, it looks like, from an open bag/box. It might work if you check that option before putting the box into your consignment lot, but I didn't have enough spaces of body inventory to pull all the stuff outta my broker storage boxes to try that.
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

[p] LORE ITEMS /FTL[/p][p]since LORE items CANNOT BE MAILED OR PUT IN THE SHARED BANK THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING EVER TO HAVE 1 SELLING CHARACTER.[/p][p]Please stop punishing those of us with only 1 account, because you WILL NOT REPLACE an item that is taken when trade swapping to our store front box-mule.[/p][p]/rant off[/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

And 1 other item for those who think the mailbox works well for this stuff.
    "Receipient mailbox is full"
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

You could... check your mail!
  5. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

[p]Afternoon making cham/jag totems on my woodworker (Freeportian /sigh), then mail them to Qeynos for store front box mule, send off a round til u get that messsage, now wait 30 minutes for them to show up over there, so i CAN check the mail and empty it. /blech[/p][p]Calthine, you don't honestly see this stuff is broken?[/p][p]Letting us sell from each char, is the best solution. Makes the most sense, and the most roleplaying sense.[/p][p]making it so we can pass stuff (including LORE) with ease is at least a good second. And when the mailbox can't hold one round of totems, that isn't ease.[/p][p]So i mail to each qeynos char, then put them in qeynos shared bank, then they go to broker. Now how much time have i wasted? and how expensive are these totems going to be to make em 'worthwhile'.[/p][p](yes i still listed and sold most of them, but geesh)[/p][p] [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-leiela Guest

[p] [/p][p]Yeah i find the mailbox a problem as well ... just today i was leveling my carpenter who is on the Evil side, and i went to post the stuff to my vendor on the good side i got a mailbox full message after just a few items. [/p][p]I log her in and check sure enough it was full of the days creations, so i emptied it .. logged back to the carpenter ... filled the mailbox again... then was stuck. [/p][p]30mins or so for the stuff to arrive and full bags so i couldnt make more, not only that but i then ran out of money so had to log my trader in again .... "sigh" ... post money and wait for 30 mins for that too. [/p][p]Why can't my carpenter just go to the broker and sell her stuff ??[/p][p]... why does everything i try and do wth her such an effort because she's evil?? if she wants money i have to wait for it ... i want it NOW ... not in 30 min's ... if i want to sell the stuff ive made i want to sell it without playing yo-yo with my charecters loging back in and out.... it should not take an hour and a half to put my stuff on the broker. [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Syndic Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    I have always thought that as painful as it is to have only one character to sell, the alternative of having every char selling would swamp the market. Now some would say that the market is not swamped and that the more items for sale the better, but I have tried listing things for sale since my return and the majority of it is listed for a few silver over vendor price. There is the odd item that is actually worth something, but an increased sale capacity is going to mean just more of these no value items, because items of value already take peoples sale spots. Not only that look at the capacity each player can have listed for sale on one person. To have every character sell, that capacity would have to be reduced significantly to accomodate the extra sellers. I do admit they need a way of transferring LORE items through mail and bank slots. I'm not sure why they don't do lore items like they did in EQ1. You can put a lore item in the shared bank but can not remove it on any character that already has one also when you go to loot a lore item it includes the shared bank in the check and you can not loot it on any character that has access to that shared bank. When mailing lore items the receiver can not remove the item if they already possess one, they can not loot a lore item while that item is in their mail box, they also can not receive a mailed Lore item if they already possess one (the mail gets bounced back to the sender). I think rather than flat out not letting transfer these items maybe they should be looking at opportunities to improve the situation.
  8. ARCHIVED-FlamingDuck Guest

I don't really understand why you can only sell on the broker with one character at a time, very inconvinient and silly imo. Look at WoW, you can sell on as many characters as you want and the market is just fine. Alot more items to buy, really no different from the broker here in EQ2.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

When you had to have a character actually logged in to be able to sell, it made sense that only one character per account was able to sell. It was like EQ1 in the bazaar when I left that game, too, character would only sell when logged in and standing in a specific location. They added offline selling and then refined it to today's broker. The remnant of the past, selling on only one character per account simply doesn't make sense. Unless I am mistaken, there hasn't been an official statement for a reason only one character per account (per server or per shard) can sell. The community has surmised it's to preserve the economy, but that was the same reason assumed for the must-be-online-to-sell state. The same assumption is made about the 24-hour limitation (which also hasn't had, to my knowledge, an official statement) I personally think it should be any character with paid up rent for more than 1 seller box and that the rent payment (not 24-hours) should allow someone to stay on the broker. Reduce the amount of time rent can be pre-paid to 2 weeks, if a limitation is made, but the 24-hour thing is as ill-conceived as one character per account. Oh.. and I think the concept of one character per faction is also not very good. It only partially solves a problem for a fraction of players and gives an advantage to those who have characters on both sides vs those who stay with just one.
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    No, I don't. I have four crafters I work regularly, and while Kiana definitely works more than the rest, I don't have any problem moving stuff around. Y'all are in too big of a hurry. Back when evils and goodies couldn't mail to each other I kept a Freeport mule for mailorders to my Qeynosian crafters. We shuttled stuff back and forth through the guild bank and a chain of mail. If your mailbox won't hold one round of totems, IMO, you need to clean out your mailbox. You can hold something like 60 individual mails. If it's full, it's your fault, not a design flaw. Mail all your stuff and go *gasp* play the game or something while you wait for it to arrive. Watch the clock - when 30 minutes is up change toons. It's not complicated. If you have Lore items, get a trusted friend or guildie to transfer for you. Mind you, I'm also from Alaska, where even FedEx doesn't do anything overnight. And I remember the old old days in EQ1 where to transfer items between toons you found a hopefully safe place to drop it on the ground and tried to get your other toon there before someone found it or it rotted. Perhaps I have more patience. It doesn't bother me. BTW, I sincerely doubt the TS Dev has a lot to say about this bit of game design. Hm. /puts it on her Fan Faire bug-a-dev list. (Just 'cause I don't think it's broken doesn't make it a good question, lol)
  11. ARCHIVED-scarletbegonias Guest

[p] edited. sorry i misread what you wrote and i cant delete my post.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Maldrick Guest

[p]Does the 1 seller per server per account rule appy to display cases also or just the broker interface deal?[/p][p]Just coming back to the game since cases and the new broker ui went in so brushing up on how all this works.[/p][p]Thanks :)[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-StormCinder Guest

[p] If you want to make sure each toon gets it's money and you don't want to twink toons...why not play on different servers? Problem solved.[/p][p] [/p][p]SC[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

One toon per server per account can be listed on the broker at a time, regardless of where their sales crates are. So, sure, your alt can put displays in your main's house, but only one of them will be listed at a time.
  15. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

[p] [/p][p]I finally created an evil character. I have 9 good characters, one for each tradeskill. And I decided it was time for an evil one. Believe it or not, I figured a evil character could scout out the evil areas and naturally my good characters would benefit. So my evil rotten scum is actually a double-agent of sorts.[/p][p]Every thing was moving along fine and I actually started enjoying my evil dirtbag. Not because he is evil, but because he is independent. With my 9 good characters working together, they've become something of a corporation. My evil dude has been out there busting his rump for coppers and 1 silver piece here and there. He would have cut off his right arm for a rawhide leather backpack. Good times.[/p][p]Well, he's unholy soul rejoiced when he earned a merchant's bag. I figured now he could put his sturdy backpack from birth onto the broker to hold his ill gotten gains and make some money. But then I remembered one character selling per account. Oh no![/p][p]If my evil pond scum was on a different server than my good characters could he sell on the broker at the same time as my good merchant character?[/p][p]I also have been reading above that perhaps my good characters can mail him things. Is that true? For some reason I thought good characters could not mail things to bad characters. None of my characters are in a guild, if that matters.[/p][p]I've been enjoying the poverty and independence of my dark decrepit soul deprived fiend so much that I might reroll him on a different server if he can sell there at the same time as my good merchant character is selling on the VOX server. After all he does not have to interact with them for them to benefit from the knowledge he gains. And he is only one day old and level 8. Perhaps I could even just transfer him off the VOX server?[/p][p]Thanks for any thoughts on this matter.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p]From a recent post above: [/p][p]"If you want to make sure each toon gets it's money and you don't want to twink toons...why not play on different servers? Problem solved."[/p][p] [/p][p]Is that 100% certain?[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Maldrick Guest

[p] Thank you, I assumed that was the case, but wanted to confirm, because you know what happens when you assume. :p[/p][p]Just to chime in on the discussion, put another check in the "would like to see this changed" column. Workarounds are great but represent a timesink that stacks on top of the existing timesinks intended for crafting. Time is the true currency in MMOs, and just like taxation irl, less is better for business and the economy, assuming one enjoys having a wide range of goods and services available at a reasonable price. IMO[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-dartie Guest

Maldrick wrote:
    [p] Word.[/p][p] [/p][p]I have all 9 trades on 2 accounts. Each account has a designated merchant, and all 9 tradeskillers sell junk through those 2 merchants.[/p][p]Sure, it would be more convenient if each of my characters could sell out of her/his own store. The process of moving goods from the maker to the seller can be tedious--even though I put a lot of thought into my set up so as to minimize that inconvenience.[/p][p]Yes, the mail is incredibly useful. I've written elsewhere that I sometimes find it handier to have one of my merchants mail things to the other even though they are standing side by side at the mailbox in Nettleville--because using the mailbox essentially gives each of them an extra box of storage.[/p][p]But my woodworker has frequently reached the point of filling up the mailboxes of both merchants with arrows and totems without emptying her inventory. My solution, in this case, is to 1) use the time the mail takes to reach its recipient to grind more arrows and totems, 2) log out the woodworker; 3) log in the recipients; 4) empty their mailboxes. I could add "rinse and repeat" here, but I'm not sure anyone really has the patience for that much arrow- and totem-grinding. [/p][p]Workarounds like this aren't what I would call "major inconveniences," but I understand the headaches they cause some crafters.[/p][p]Apart from the mail, the other useful workaround is a private guild. I have Q and FP crafters scattered across 2 different accounts, so I've ended up with 4 completely distinct "shared" banks. That complicates the concept of "sharing," but at least it gives me a ton of bank space! The easiest solution to this problem is the private guild. I think anyone who is willing to spend 15 minutes and 1 platinum should be able to start a private guild on just about any server. "Paying 5 people 15 gp each to help start a guild. You will be booted after formation. PST." (insert 10 gp or 20 gp as appropriate for your server) [/p][p]Could I be more efficient with my time (the "true currency in MMO's," as Maldrick rightly observes) if I didn't have to rely on mailing junk, logging characters out, logging others in, and constantly reorganizing my private guild's bank?[/p][p]Sure. But there's no telling whether (or when) the devs will make such a change, and these workarounds are acceptable to me in the meantime (even if that meantime turns out to be "indefinitely";).[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

[p] While I believe you, that this is the way it works, SOE has only ever said 1 character PER ACCOUNT. So the per server might be an exploit, unintended or not. Of course we know they don't care about exploits because you can sell using a 6 slot room without ever paying rent on that 6 slot room.[/p][p]And for the person who is all the time saying "this doesn't make role playing sense" (ref harvesting tools thread), how does selling from one character make role playing sense? (It isn't like my gnome and dark elf are cousins.)[/p][p]and again LORE[/p][p]LORE[/p][p]LORE[/p][p]with 1 account you cannot transfer to your selling alt without horrendous timesinks and workarounds.[/p][p] [/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

It's not. It's one character per account per server, has been since launch. If you wanna spend $50 shuttling toons back and forth for transfers, have at it. How on earth is selling on more than one server at a time a possible exploit? Geez.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mighty Melvor Guest

[p]I have no issue with the one seller rule. It's there for a very specific reason: To prevent multiple avatars of the same account from price-fixing.[/p][p]That being said, there is one thing that I would like to see changed with the sales displays. I have several alts that cover many different crafting disciplines. I also have a stronghold in freeport with 6 selling slots (5 of which have crafting-specific sales displays). I assumed when I gave all my alts trustee access, they would have access to the sales displays. To my surprise, they did not.[/p][p]Is there a reasoning behind not letting alts with trustee access to not be able to access your broker window or sales displays? It just seems kinda strange that they aren't given this type of access.[/p][p]At minimum, I would like my trustees to be able to deposit crafts into the sales displays. Then I could log my main and put the items up for sale. This would eliminate much of the mailing issues that we all face.[/p][p]What do you think?[/p]