Can more than one character sell at a time?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Derillion, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Derillion Guest

I've been away for awhile, and I was wondering if you could still only have one character sell at the broker? They've changed/fixed so many things, I was hoping this was also one of them. :mrgreen:
  2. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

Still only one, sorry.
  3. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

[p]Still the absolute dumbest thing about this game.[/p][p]I have several crafters, but can't put all of their stuff on broker because by the tim eyou move it around to store front box mule, you have way too much time invested in it, and way too much product to list.[/p][p]Ugh.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Funny, I don't have any problem. Shared bank + mail :) One toon per server per account is the rule for selling. If any other character with items priced in their broker slots accesses the broker, it will kick off the current seller.
  5. ARCHIVED-Colenzo Guest

You just have been in the game a while. For us that still have 2-3 broker slots and lots of crafters there is an issue. Not that I complain about one seller only, I have something to aim at .. a bigger house. By saying it's not a problem is wrong. I choose to have all crafters on same side so I could use the shared slots. Mailing a batch of newly crafted items surely is not fun.
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

What I said was *I* don't have a problem. One thing to remember that makes it easier is that you can access your broker slots from any broker or any home you have Trustee access in. Oh, I actually use one of my broker slots for non-selling raw storage, lol. And my broker slots are rarely all full. Pick and choose what you market, saves space, time, and resources.
  7. ARCHIVED-themixmonkeyx Guest

So if Alt1 makes Alt2 a trustee, Alt2 can go into Alt1s home and put items in Alt1s broker boxes? Or will Alt2 see their own broker boxes in Alt1s home? /confuzzled
  8. ARCHIVED-VolgaDark Guest

Not trying to derail or anything. But, did Devs ever explained why it is the way it is? I’m not trying to be difficult or anything, but honestly this “one per account, per server” is a lame policy. It really should be “one per account, per faction, per server” for it to support the RP aspect of this game.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Rattface@Nagafen wrote:
    Alt2 will see his own broker boxes. Only one character can access broker boxes from the seller side, the one that put them there.
  10. ARCHIVED-rvbarton Guest

[p]odd. I have an armorer that is still selling, and my woodworker sells also, on the same account.[/p][p] I know this because my main is the woodworker, and I'm always adding stuff to the broker. I logged on my armorer yesterday, after a month of inactivity on that character, and she had money that wasn't there before, so I assumed you could sell from all characters. Unless that money was there before, and I just didn't notice...[/p][p] thoughts?[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Rattface@Nagafen wrote:
    All characters will see thier own broker boxes from any market board/broker they access. They cannot use each other's broker boxes or vault.
  12. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

If your armor accessed the broker at any time they kicked off your woodworker until the woodworker accessed the broker. Check the date of that armorer sale.
  13. ARCHIVED-themixmonkeyx Guest

aaah thanks...makes sense i guess...though I got excited for a moment :p
  14. ARCHIVED-OmniDrac Guest

Would spending some coin and status to buy yourself a bigger home help? I own a 5 bedroom estate with 5 vendor slots. 60 x 5 = 300 items. Pricing my items reasonably and being an active vendor allows me to sell and restock as needed without the problem of having a need for more space. I find that most that never macro-craft their goods don't have a problem keeping a healthy vendor going. Now if you do not want to buy a bigger home or spend time going back and forth restocking, then the game is pretty easy that making the easiest part of the game even easier is not the answer.
  15. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

[p] [/p][p]It seems common for a person with multiple crafters to designate one of them to be the merchant. The other crafters on that account transfer their goods to the designated merchant who then offers their collective goods for sale on the broker at the same time.[/p][p]I've resisted doing that in part because I was not sure if it was against the rules. However, the potential to make a lot more money a lot faster that way has finally worn me down and gotten me prepared to take this approach to selling crafted items.[/p][p]Is it against the rules?[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Not at all! Pick one character to be your seller, and may Lord Platinum smile on your profits .... :D
  17. ARCHIVED-Incedious Guest

If the shared bank actually worked for money and you could use it to move items across Good and Evil sides then I would not have a problem with only being able to sell on one character per server. However, I personally find it to be a huge PITA to have to mail money and items (good to evil) back and forth between all my characters because I can only sell on 1 character per account. The fact that the shared bank does not work from good to evil also forces me to make all my Trade skill alts of the same faction. As my primary character who does all my harvesting is good and it's a huge pain to move money and harvested / finished items back and forth from my good to evil characters through the mail system. Annnnnd, what happens if you hunt with both good and evil characters and you start picking up LORE items that you want to sell? You can't mail LORE items, the shared bank doesn't work across factions so how do you get items from your good to evil character without getting someone to hold them for you? The current system is far from easy to use and the game doesn't even explain to you via a tool tip that this is the way that it works. How is a new player supposed to know that you can only sell on 1 character per server?
  18. ARCHIVED-dartie Guest

[p]Have you considered having your good and evil characters join the same guild so as to pass items through the guild bank? My provi and carp are both FP, but they nevertheless sell their wares through my Qeynos main (thanks to the guild bank).[/p][p] [/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

I've done similar, though I just mail it all when it's cross-faction. Heck, I even do it INSIDE faction, since it reminds me when I'm on that character to actually pick up the items! With the recent changes (it doesn't turn off the sending tab, and alt-clicking to attach items) it made it even easier to do so, and the cost is IMO negligible (50c per stack). Though yes, streamlining the system overall would be better. Especially the handing off of lore items. Guild bank works for that in a pinch though.
  20. ARCHIVED-dartie Guest

[p] I wasn't going to admit this, but you're right about how easy and handy the mail is to use these days. I two-box with my wife's account a lot, and I will sometimes mail things from my main to my wife's main even though they are standing right next to each other in Nettleville.[/p][p]Why? It's like having an extra storage box. When they're both full of junk from adventuring, it's easier to sort by mail than to trade back and forth.[/p][p]So yeah, mail rules.[/p][p] [/p]