Call of Storms - new level 65 spell

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-sorinev, Feb 27, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-NimSul Guest

Defile doesnt stun us thank god, our stupid uselss lvl 50/70 spell that stuns us is more than enough :smileysad:
  2. ARCHIVED-mystic586 Guest

I was out pulling large groups of eyes on Gazer island last night using this spell and Ring of Fire. On groups of 12-14 eyes using Call of Storms this spell, at Adept 3, was hitting for about 7-8 times in 16 seconds for about 750 damage each. My Ring of Fire at Adept 3 was hitting EVERY mob in range for 255 per hit. In my opinion, this makes Call of Storms less powerful than a spell 10 levels lower PLUS you are stunned. Not a very good tradeoff for a healer if you ask me.
  3. ARCHIVED-Syran Guest

I still don't like it. Damage or fluff, crapshoot was the best description yet. Irritates me to know end to be stunned and STILL see myself get interrupted. How's that even possible? :smileymad:
  4. ARCHIVED-Zukihara Guest

Ok I play on Vox (pvp) and finally got this puppy and promptly went out to the commonlands to see for myself what all the hubub is about. I believe my experience stands out as a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] good indicator of just how worthless this spell is.

Find 2 insanely grey ^ orcs in commonlands....pan waaaaay out for view......cast Call of Storms.....Wait 16 seconds watching light show....Finish off both orcs with normal spells after storm has subsided.

If I cannot kill 2 newbie orcs in the commonlands with my level 65 spell then I'd say its fairly worthless.
    My thinking on a fix:
    1) Absolutely take the stun away as that is just completely ridiculous.
    2) Give the spell enough damage to actually kill 2 orcs in commonlands.
    3) Cut reuse timer in half.
    4) If all that is too much then I humbly request the unthinkable be done. First remove stun. Then, every time lighting hits a mob have a bolt shoot from that mob to a random party member and heal them for the amount of damage the lighting did.
    On pvp servers the suckage on this spell as compared to some classes makes for a very large imbalance at 65. This spell must be fixed to address that. Gone are the days when it was ok to shaft some classes on spells when the game was solely pve. Now this type of half-thought out spell creation is causing major balance issues.
  5. ARCHIVED-jeffdo Guest

I'd so much rather they cut the damage in half and just take away the stun, if that's the only way they can let us have this amazing dps increase. /Sarcasm
  6. ARCHIVED-mystic586 Guest

How about just removing the spell completely and giving us a mid range level 70 nuke that is on a different timer than Thunderbolt......I could live with that.
  7. ARCHIVED-Goozman Guest

They could replace it with the Call Lightning spell they took from us :smileysurprised:
    4 second cast, 45 second recast, 4500-7000 damage wooo!
  8. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

Yes that spell, call lightning, the spell that died in dof beta, cries of furies in the night.

But seriously, yes I would like call lightning they can even keep the same gfx only nuking one target tho for 6-7k or so.
    On a side note I stand corrected defile doesnt stun the caster, then why in hell does our crappy cospos stun us?
    Please fix this spel; make it a pet and lose the stun.
    edit: lol was reading some very very old threads and got all nostalgic and stuff, I miss my proc buffs haha it made me feel old too lol ah well.
    Message Edited by quetzaqotl on 04-18-2006 01:19 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Findarato Guest

How about making this spell a real upgrade to ring of fire?

give it the exact same spell animation just toss on some real aoe (8 targets max) and 500-700 damage that woudl be nice

oh and on a diffrent timer than ring of fire, but still 30s duration 30s recast. Wardens get that **** cure we get what, this pos :(
  10. ARCHIVED-Shadowgrey Guest

Fix this spell already !!! Graphic display has run its course and ready for this to become useful now.
  11. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

Would be nice to atleast hear any kind of response from a Dev --- Is the spell being looked at? working as intended?
  12. ARCHIVED-Cadu Guest

I would recommend that any Fury who is disappointed with this spell /feedback it in-game with a suggestion of what they'd like changed. I just did so and hopefully if enough of us do, our voices will be heard. :smileyhappy:
  13. ARCHIVED-Shadowgrey Guest

No mention of this is newest Test fixes. :smileymad: ** sigh ** guess, we wait ......
  14. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

Please Fix "Call of Storms" :smileysad:
  15. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

Please Fix:

Call of Storms
  16. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

hey what spell is that?
  17. ARCHIVED-vochore Guest

call of storms get it fixed.

lol
  18. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

Yes Still Not Fixed
    Get Storms of Stun Call fixed please :smileyhappy:

yes I am gonna spam post this 1 time/ day.
  19. ARCHIVED-Bibe Guest

this spell has no use unless you are playing a 'dps' slot in the group, and not a 'healer' spot.
    it doesnt really make sense that we have this skill in the fashion that it is.
    Much like porcupine/urchin, it's a practically wasted skill with no real practical use.
    my raid leader sums it up quite well - if we wanted dps we would take dps, if we wanted healing we'd take a healer. we take enough healers to heal the main tank properly, and if you aren't healing; then you arent doing your job. I tend to agree, personally.

This spell and Urchin are 2 skills I wont bother upgrading far, and using much unless they are improved
  20. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

Hmm this spell isnt a dps spell, this spell is a self stun spell in its current form.
    As for urchin, it has its uses and I use it quite often for the 1st few seconds of a fight when the tank needs a big boost in resists for a little while.