Caith corrects Roxxlyy's post: It's not a "traditional" PvP server that's coming!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siren, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Keedahm Member

I'm not convince of that. It's more likely that money will end up financing undisclosed projects and dividend payout.

Also a portion of the PVP player will come from PVE servers which, consequently, will reduce the population of PVE servers and they can't be considered as new income for DB.
    Rhodris likes this.
  2. Keedahm Member

What is so irrational for asking if they hired new devs for the PVP server?

The equation is quite simple. If the same X amount of time for developing PVE servers in 2018 is use for developing PVE & PVP servers in 2019, it's not too far-fetched to conclude their will be less devs time for PVE servers in 2019.

Since CD expansion is small in content and highly repetitive (except raiding) it doesn't bode well for the next expansion with less devs time. Fallen Gate server need some love too!
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

It says the new TLE is coming at a later date. Could be months (My guess is a summer event).

Also anybody expecting new investment purely down to PvP is dumb.
    Rhodris and Keedahm like this.
  4. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

You guys are overreacting. What's done is done. A handful of people who don't want the game to profit or increase in population aren't going to change anything. You guys would not be happy if you knew how many pvp players were flooding back in already.
    Frostfang and Siren like this.
  5. Keedahm Member

If I were you I would be concern if DB doesn't add new resources to the current EQ2 dev team. It means you wont get the PVP server you hope and it will be another EQ2 PVP content failure....
  6. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

It can't be any worse than current pve. Plus, the pvp community is loyal and hungry, we'll keep coming back time and time again just for a taste of the good ole days.
  7. Keedahm Member

Of course you guys will keep coming back requesting PVP content. You've been doing it for years and each time the content failed...

In the past I didn't say anything because we were still getting full expansion. But now with a skeleton crew the PVE content has the potential to be worse with less resources assign to it.

It has been said many times in the past, the only way an Everquest PVP game be successful it's a game design from the ground up as a PVP content. It as the virtue of having a completely dedicated dev team to PVP play style.

Its gonna be a nightmare to balance PVP with 26 classes and the bloated stats we got now!
  8. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

For you, the glass is half empty, for me, it's half full. You think of pvp as this failed after thought that has never worked (false). I see it as something that was wildly successful for many years (fact), before poor decisions led to its demise. There is still hope.
    Frostfang, Zenji and Siren like this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Even Deathtoll got rid of leapers and flyers, guild halls, fast travel, and BG PvP gear. It was definitely a move in the right direction. Let's see what Daybreak can pull together for us this time around. I'll bet they've been working on this longer than you think.

And for the record, "class balance" is never achieved in any MMMORPG; even the PvE ones cycle between FotM builds and nerf patches, no matter how old they are. ;)

Deathtoll's original "Necro/Enchanter OP" debacle at least got partially fixed as time went by (Necros did get nerfed down some eventually). Gear drops/balancing for each expansion's release and player exploiting (i.e. Deathtoll's launch-time auto-attack exploit, etc., as well as cheating/duping/hacking) will be the things to overcome this time around. Remember gang, the less time Daybreak's tiny team has to spend chasing around exploiters is all the more time they can be fixing the actual game on their end! Then players don't abandon the server because it's adjusted better, and the fights are fairer without having to fight cheaters.
  10. Keedahm Member

Whether the PVP server will be successful is not my point.

My point is unless they are hiring new devs in order to make the PVP server happen they will have to sacrifice PVE dev time that is already down to bare minimum since they are a very small team now.
    Rhodris likes this.
  11. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

You sound like you have no faith in the dev team. Why would they create a pvp event server if it was going to have a negative impact on the game? Clearly they feel comfortable with this decision.
    Frostfang and Siren like this.
  12. Keedahm Member

PVE class unbalance mainly shows up when people use a parse.

PVP class unbalance shows up on the leaderboards. Meaning people will find out which classes are overpower and start complaining a lot. If the devs take too long to react or overreact with a major nerf it kills the community. All this time the devs figure this out it`s time not spent on something else...
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

PvE parsers complain just as loudly and cry for nerfs just as much. Daybreak/SOE has been dealing with class imbalances for 15 years now, and PvP wasn't a thing in EQ2 until 2 years after EQ2 launched, and has been shuttered for a couple years now as well. Yet the class nerfing/imbalances continue on. Like I said, no MMORPG will ever achieve class balance. Okay, maybe if every dev team wiped out every skill and spell and left only auto attacks there for every class....but I digress. :p
  14. Peak Nagafun

We've been hearing of a new PVP server coming for the past year or so. Now, certainly doesn't mean nor would I expect that they spent a year on it, but it does seem like it's been planned, discussed, or developed for some time.
    Ishtara and Siren like this.
  15. Keedahm Member

Its a minority of PVE player that use a parser. If they were the forums would be full of post complaining.

On a PVP server all you have to do is look up the leaderboards and figure out which class is overpower...