[BUG] Harvesting goblin not reducing time with 5 points spent

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Taubin, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues with this in a long time, but then I dismiss the goblin immediately after telling it what to harvest. If you log out or zone with the goblin still up there seems to be a chance of it bugging.
  2. Ssvanti New Member

My monk has had the Tradeskill Prestige AA since shortly after the abilities went live. There were a few small hiccups at the beginning but it's been months since I've had any kind of issue with Gathering Goblin on the monk. I can log off with it summoned, un-summoned, gathering, not gathering (rarely I forget), zone with it summoned or un-summoned, repeatedly summon and un-summon him etc. Any combination results in no issues, working as intended at max tier with instant re-summoning capability.

On another account, my Inq has had the ability approximately 1 month now and is ALWAYS having a lockout. He's at max tier for it, 5/5 and I usually get the 12hour lockout, I've had a few random 10hour and even a 5 hour as soon as I un-summoned the goblin. The lockout appears if I zone (regardless of if the goblin is up or not when I zoned), if I log out (again regardless of being up or down), or even if I let the little bugger despawn on his own. I've been bugging the issue EVERY time I log in and the lockout is there. I have not attempted to respec my AA nor should I have too. Rarely will I be able to use the goblin with an instant resummon, but it does seem to happen VERY rarely.

Having read through the thread here, I think it's time they prioritized this bug fix and added more resources to that endeavor, the ones working on it (if any truly are) obviously aren't the right people to resolve it.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I have a lot of harvesting goblins and never had an issue with the timer... until a day ago when I finally got a new crafter to be able to get the goblin. She has 5 points into the goblin and she can only recast it/use it every 3 hours. I tried re-spec but still 3 hour timer. She's only level 93 (soon to be level 95), not even sure if that would/should affect it, since it didn't on my other crafters that have the goblin. Anyone have any suggestions?
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I've found that if you dismiss the goblin before zoning or logging, the resumonnig issue doesn't occur.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I always dismiss immediately after selecting which tier to harvest/gather in. Meaning.. I summon the goblin -> pick up harvests -> select a new tier, double check that I actually selected a tier to harvest -> dismiss. Then I go about my biz :)
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

So this thread started 8 months ago and there's still no fix, makes one wonder whether SoE actually have any devs actively working on this or whether this has slipped so far off their radar that they no longer have any intention of fixing this. :(

Harvesting Goblin = good idea at the time, but so "buggy" that I respec'ed away from the goblin many moons ago, on all of characters, particularly as Qho's mule is just as good for normal raws and my characters can harvest rares much more efficiently and in greater number than the goblin. Even if it get's fixed, I doubt I'll go back and respec to use it
  7. Taubin New Member

I just came back to the game, and much to my dismay, this bug still exists. I have a 10 hour timer on my harvesting goblin. So much for this being "actively" looked in to.
    Feara likes this.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

My assassin and my dirge both have this problem, other characters don't.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

This randomly happens to my toons. It varies with which one.
  10. Taubin New Member

And now my summoned crafting stations are doing the same thing.... :(
  11. suka Well-Known Member

weird. mine shows instant casting no matter how often i cast him, as does my pony. but it shows my pony takes one day duration and i can usually summon the goblin and find him finished every 2 hours or so. but i can cast him anytime. definitely a bug going on on some of them.
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

When I have this bug:

It randomly occurs and can occur on any character but it does seem to occur more often on my provisioner than the others.

I cannot cast for my goblin on the bugged character no matter if it has been overnight, or even a few days since I last logged on.

Dismissing the goblin as suggested above does not help. I tried that for a few weeks and found that the bug still would appear and still was just as random in appearance as when I didn't dismiss it after each use. In fact, it seemed to occur on MORE characters when I dismissed them after each use. I don't know if that was related to dismissing them or just that it was more commonly occurring at that time.

It isn't related to zoning for me as it will occur on toons that I have not zoned on since the last time I used the goblin on them.

Sometimes it takes more than a day to clear up. Most of the time it clears up in a few hours.

Can they set up the summoning part of the goblin to work like the pony? Where you can always summon and send away and resummon at will ...but you can only collect the harvests when the time is up? For me it seems to be the summoning that bugs out, not the collecting of the harvests from it. However, I've never really kept up with the time it takes it to harvest.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

From the January 7 patch notes:

TRADESKILLS
    Summon Artisan's Gathering Goblin should no longer revert to a 12 hours recast time if you zone while the buff is active on your character.

It looks like the devs changed something, so bugged behavior after that date is likely the only valid information for helping them to track down what is currently happening.
    Feara likes this.
  14. Taubin New Member

I came back to the game after the 7th, and am still having the same issue. About every other time he's cast, he comes with a 12 hour timer. Doesn't matter if I've zoned or not, doesn't matter what zone it's in. I have not found any one consistent thing other than the fact it seems to happen every second or third time he's been cast. It happens on my jeweler/assassin constantly. It's to the point I don't even bother with it anymore. It's been broken for over a year. Nothing has changed for me at all.