[BUG] Harvesting goblin not reducing time with 5 points spent

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Taubin, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Taubin New Member

I posted this in another thread, however it seems there are a few bugs coming up in relation to the Harvesting goblin. I have spent 5 points in the harvesting goblin (spent all 5 before casting it the first time) however, it is still showing as a 10 hour recast timer. I have tried both the default UI and Profit, logging, recasting the goblin (a few times now), and verifying my installation files, however, it continues to show a 10 hour timer. I wanted to separate this into it's own thread in case others have the same issue, and so it will not get lost in the other thread. I have submitted a /bug report on this issue as well.

The screenshot was taken after casting the goblin and going to bed. This was taken this morning when I woke up.

[IMG]
    Feara likes this.
  2. Ayrid Member

Same problem here - spent 5 point but re-cast timer is showing 10 hours
  3. Sogapa Active Member

I sent in a bug report, but in case the devs read here first....I am having basically the same problem. The difference is the first time I cast it, I only had one point in. Before I cast him the second time, to get my first batch of harvests, I had put 5 points in it. Understandably, I had to wait on the original timer before I was able to recast it.

However, I had to wait 8 hours before I was able to recast to collect my harvests the second time, and yesterday I sent him out for the third time. I was able to recast him instantly the third time, and I cast him a couple times in a row successfully. Before I logged out, I cast him again to check on his status, but he wasn't done. He was still up when I logged out.

Today when I logged in, he was not up, but the ability was greyed out and the reuse timer read 11 hours 53 minutes. When I examine the skill in my prestige window, it shows an instant reuse, but the ability in my skill book shows the long reuse, and hitting the button only queues the ability.
  4. Keks New Member

same problem here ! it hapens two times that i get a 12h timer
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

I have one character affected with this. Quite annoying when I'm cycling through all my characters to gather the harvests and she can't do it. I went ahead and reset the tradeskill prestige tree and hoping it fixes it =/ She's had 5 points almost since day one and this problem has only just started.
  6. Gideon Member

having the same problem, fix please !!
  7. Kwikdeath Active Member

I have had the same issues as above. Use it with 5 points spent and it comes up with a 12hr timer to recast. Sent a petition and got a response it is a global issue the devs are working on. Would be nice to get some extra rares if it worked :).
  8. Mae- Well-Known Member

Respeccing fixed this for me, my lone character this was affecting now is able to recast immediately.
  9. Kwikdeath Active Member

Not for me, why I had to petition. I was lazy and just got the points to summon (got enough points to get the 6hr reuse from doing the last rush order) it then did and logged for the night. Respec'd the next day after leveling to get 5 points in it and the timer was bugged saying 5hr 53 min. Petitioned at that point and didn't worry about it. Logged in the next day and I summoned him just fine, went to recast a few hours later and it said 11hr and something to recast it (with all 5 points spent).

As I said, I just today got a response from SoE to my petition saying this is a know global issue and that the devs are working to resolve it. I am glad it is working for you, but it is not for many. Thankfully the rares are pretty cheap at 40p or less to make experts on my server :). Really though, I wish some extra testing went into this...the two hour collection timer is working fine, the summoning issue is just annoying that some people are getting to receive their rares every two hours and some are not.

Here is the response below:

Greetings Kwikdeath,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. I am GM Mootle, and I have been looking into your issue regarding the Gathering Goblin. This Gathering Goblin appears to be very uncooperative and refusing to work instantly for people. This is a currently known issue and we have our Development team working on a resolution to this issue. Since this issue is effecting all players globally, we will just have to wait until Development implements a solution to fix the Gathering Goblin.

Please keep an eye on future game update notes to see when this issue has been fixed.

I have provided links to our knowledge base articles below:
    [EQ2] EverQuest II - Top Known Customer Service Issues
    http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12648

[EQ2] Current Update Notes
    http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16185

Should you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to contact us again.

Safe journeys,
    GM Mootle
    EverQuest II
    Sony Online Entertainment
    Taubin likes this.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to say you were wrong or anything, Kwik, I was just saying what worked for me. Not sure why you felt the need to repeat yourself, I believed you =P
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

After a few days, the character previously bugged that was able to be fixed with a respec is once again bugged and unable to summon a goblin for 12 hours in spite of having 5 points in her prestige (and not having changed it since 4 days ago when I posted originally about the respec fixing it).
  12. Taubin New Member

I had the same thing yesterday and today when I logged in. He was fixed for a while it seemed, but now he's back to his buggy self :(
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

This happened to one (but no other) of my toons today... I'm wondering if, perhaps, it has to do with leaving the goblin 'up' when logging off? I've done it a few times and not been bugged, but I wonder if it's putting it in some weird state given that the reuse timer is based on 'real time' and the '10 minute duration' of the goblin is based on game time.
  14. Taubin New Member

It doesn't matter if he's up or not when you log out, in fact, he's never been up when I've logged out, but, he's certainly been bugged off and on since he was released.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Toon that was busted yesterday isn't busted today....
    But the next one on my tradeskill apprentice shuffle is busted today. And, as the poster above me mentioned, her goblin wasn't left up.
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

FIX THIS!!!! Its so freaking annoying to have one toon that is off schedule. I'm so glad that I've already decided to take the goblin off her tomorrow, but honestly, this is a terrible bug to make 5 prestige count for nothing for no apparent reason.
  17. Sebene New Member

It is nearing the end of February and I'm still having this problem with at least one of my toons. Are they STILL working on it?
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I've been having a subtly different problem. Some of my goblins forget that they were sent out to harvest (each one of the goblins gets checked around once a day - don't know if that has anything to do with it). When it happened the first time, I thought maybe it was an oversight on my part. Since then, however, I've been talking to the goblin after I tell him which tier to target just to make sure it took. But despite that, it still happens.

Anyone else having the same issue? If not, I guess I'll have to start keeping a log of when I send the gobby out, just so I can prove to myself that I'm not misremembering. o_O
  19. Feylone Active Member

Looks like they are 'still working on it'. More like they're working on the game update that introduces more new things. Of course, that would take priority over the already old issues that haven't been addressed or fixed. Just put in new things to cause more problems. Wish they'd resolve the old problems before putting in new ones.
  20. Ndaara New Member

This is happening on one of mine, she DID summon the goblin originally with just one point (or maybe 2). Since then it has mostly worked fine, just bugged a few times. Recently she was bugged several days in a row so I reset her tradeskill prestige and re-purchased the points. It's been a few days and she is now bugged again.

After the first time this happened, I've made a point of summoning goblin, collect, send out again, and dismiss. But... bad memory, I can't say for sure I do this, but sheesh! It works fine on my other crafters.

Probably not worth bothering, but I don't play all that often so this was a nice way to make sure I always have harvests available when questing... but only when it works!

Yes I have bugged this, but wanted to see if others struggle or just me.