1. gonzo007 New Member

Why there can't be any way to be able use broker (sell your stuff) without real money involved? Its not hard or game breaking if broker tokens would be available for loyalty tokens or so.
    Sunje likes this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Because subscription should have its benefits.
    Xillean, ConcealFate, Jrox and 9 others like this.
  3. gonzo007 New Member

you know that normally f2p modes don't cut you completely from features? Sub must appeal to users, not force them to go for it or quit.
    Sunje, Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You aren't cut completely out of the broker.. you can buy tokens to use it.
  5. redindus Active Member

You should support by subbing the game, they put a lot of efforts into this. Its a good game by the way and you can even earn 500plats every three or four days being a member. Plus 500 Daybreak points each month, it not bad and it felt like 10 bucks a month instead of 15.

Other way around, you can get Daybreak points by spending money and get the tokens like Mermut said above.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

I just wish my silver account could use the broker like it could originally. I already have two all access accounts, I can go through the hoops to give things to my other accounts and trade back and forth. It's just inconvenient.
  7. Lojaak Well-Known Member

I like how much is cut off from f2p accounts. This game has very little spam/goldseller problem compared to other games I've played with f2p options. It's a pretty smart way of letting people 'try before they buy' without compromising the playerbase and giving over to the spammers.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

allowing f2p to sell from broker wouldent hurt anyone and might lead to more people playing-.
    p2p already have sell and buy from broker anywhere feature
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If they could buy and sell from broker, that is one of the major draws to Allaccess. Especially if you aren't playing in endgame zones at all.
  10. redindus Active Member

Yeah I have my silver account here too, not much to go with while on F2P. Least I can chat in the general, etc. But cant use the broker or mail system though.
  11. Vinglebert Wingledanck New Member

I'm sure this has been beat to death around here, but I think letting free players buy and sell on the broker would improve the experience for paying players as well. More supply and demand. I have bought some broker tokens and there's so few items for sale I have no idea how to price anything.

I'll stop now before it becomes too much of a complaining post. But please accept it as feedback that even as other features remain restricted to the F2P users, this one could benefit all to free up.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Silver can still buy from the broker just like they always could. As long as I've had a silver account though you had to have the broker tokens to list things for sale.
    Xillean likes this.
  13. Artemiz Active Member

Honestly, the broker is about worthless these days. But the items you can sell dont really keep you up with the extreme inflation. No idea where all the plat in circulation is coming from but the only way to make money in amounts which are actually useful is to sell loot rights which bypasses the broker completely anyway.
  14. Sunje Active Member

Exactly, thats why i dont play this game anymore, im a player since 2005, have bought every expansion or pack or whatever, payed every month until the entry of the kronos. Now i have stopped playing this game, because i cannot sell things, when i cant sell things i cannot make enough money to buy a krono and get game time...

I'm out, its sad!
    Meneltel likes this.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

You do realize there has never been a way to sell on the broker without real money involved right? Unless you do manage to get Kronos with in game plat or in exchange for some in game service/item.

You either pay a sub or pay for broker tokens as always. The regular subs are still available just like they've been since the Eq games have been around.
    Xillean and Kittybock like this.
  16. Bella222 Active Member

You only need one (1) all-access account. Its simple to give your stuff from silver or free to the all-access and to make money at low non-raiding levels just collect and sell shineys. After all Daybreak does need money to pay salaries etc. $15 is not much these days. Just skip buying a pizza once in a while. One ballgame would cost almost 5 times as much.
  17. Vinglebert Wingledanck New Member

I think that having most users without access to the broker selling is part of the inflation--because most people aren't selling to other players, there's not the competition that keeps prices down.

But I must agree, looking at the SLR auctions, the amount of plat going around is insane. Is it just plain old gold farming injecting so much?
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

We don't know but many suspect more exploits not reported... or worse...
    Tillamook and Feldon like this.
  19. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

You're not completely cut from the broker - you can buy from it, can't ya?

The broker's already littered with trash / junk / vendor trash / people selling housing items that come from ingame vendors / etc... why open it up to more abuse from players who have zero vested interest in the game?

Call me a skeptic, but it sounds more to me like someone wants to figure out how to sell ill-gotten kronos via a F2P account with limited liability rather than someone who's actually interested in using the broker as intended.
    All the jibber jabber about the economy, who would it hurt / etc and bringing more people to play...yeah - more f2p people who could care less about the fate and future of Norrath.

The game could use more paid subs - who, by the way, enjoy full access to everything...
    Xillean, Tillamook, Artemiz and 3 others like this.
  20. Sunje Active Member

And it stays, it makes no more fun as an f2p player!