Broker search modification request PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Unnattural, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Unnattural Member

I humbly ask that the broker be updated and include the searching of items with maximum health % increase.
    It would be a wonderful addition to be able to search for such gear for tanks etc.

It would also be a blessing if we could search for items with values, such as on live , resolve of 320+ for example
    or over on varsoon ability mod 26+ etc. When we select the modifier to search , have a minimum value box to go with it.

I would be extremely grateful if either or both of these changes were to get implemented.

Thankyou for your time and consideration
    -Natty
    Smashey, Jinksie, Priority and 8 others like this.
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

Not to detract from your require for a broker update but, I am unsure anything of 320+ resolve can even go on the brokers save for maybe on free trade servers.With everything being heirloom, I feel like to an excessive degree.

Additionally, Max Health increase doesn't do as much as you think it does. Because of the way its calculated it does next to nothing.

Not to say that the broker couldn't likely use some love but, I'm not sure either of those changes would do a lot.
  3. Unnattural Member

On TLE Max hp is EXTREMELY needed on tanks. On live, resolve was just an example used. I dont propose the search for values be only for resolve. My proposal was all modifiers.
    Priority likes this.
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

My main issue with wanting to improve the broker is at least on live where 95% of everything that drops can't be listed anyway, it doesn't do much good.

Granted, on TLE servers where a lot of the items are still tradeable, sure.
    Nedas14 and Twyla like this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

+1
    please let us search the broker for maximum health % increase.

This would be a great quality of life change, especially for the TLE servers.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In the meantime, my workaround is to search on EQ2U's Item Search, which does allow you to specify these values. Then, armed with the name of an item, you can hit the broker search and see if such is available.

It's clunky, but it's the best I have been able to figure out!
  7. Trav Member

Was just coming here to post this and found this one. Please allow us to search on broker for Max Health items.

Thanks!
  8. Grimjak Member

So it's obvious that the broker can be updated: witness the addition of an entirely new slot - the event slot.
    I wonder how long people have been asking for +max health to be added as a searchable field.
    This thread is 9 months old, and I doubt it's the only one of its kind.

I'd like to add my name to the folks requesting +max health be added to the broker as a searchable field.
    Thank you.
  9. Nedas14 New Member

Omg yes please!! Tanks across the land would rejoice!!
  10. Daemonknight New Member

Each stat should be searchable on the broker if it isn't.
    Unsure how they implemented the structure, but betting it wouldn't be too hard to add. It's all a matter of how much other stuff do the developers have on their plate and would they have time/resources to add this one?
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Grimjak Member

I'm thinking that the better way to get this some visibility would be to start a bug report thread with it.
    I'll let it sit here a bit longer first in the hope that Angeliana, who edited Daemonknight's post, might mention this to someone.
  12. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

It is not a Bug, so it does not go into the Bug Report forum. It will simply be closed. And I did not "Edit" anyone's post as we do not edit posts (we remove them completely if in violation), it shows that when a post is Approved from the Moderation queue for posting to the live forum.
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Do you mean just in the bug forum?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...st-so-boring-and-tedious.610672/#post-6734135
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

Breanna, Twyla and Dude like this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

I am. Angeliana said, "we do not edit posts," which they clearly do. It just seemed odd.
  16. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

It shows "Edited by <name of person approving the post>" when we approve posts form the Moderation queue. We do NOT edit posts. They are completely removed if there is a violation.
    Twyla and Dude like this.
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

I understand the confusion, honestly.

The way it *should* work, depending on how they set it up, is that members with less than <x> posts/age who make a post will technically have posted, but anything they post - replies or new threads - will be automatically 'hidden' until approved by a moderator which 'officially' publishes it, which tags them with an <Edited by [moderator]> as a flag showing who approved it.
    Twyla and Dude like this.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification. The "Edited by" thing definitely makes it look like the posts are being edited.
  19. Grimjak Member

Either way, it's nice to know that someone from DBG has seen it.
    I was thinking, while I'm talking about broker not keeping up with the times, is there any chance that the <item type> pulldown could include overseer agents?

@Angeliana you've replied to the "edited by" part of the post, but do you have any comment about the meat of it?
    Is this something that the Dev Team can/will look at?
    Or, do we need to have more people continue to post here to get it the attention that would warrant someone addressing it?
  20. haphop New Member

overseer agents on broker?