Hunters is just so boring and tedious

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Cheatingsux, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Cheatingsux New Member

Hi,

I thought that the previous xpac's changes made to hunters was decent, yet I don't get why we have to do 4 zones atm, tune it down to 3 please. Obelisk of Blight feels more like a level 65 zone, same goes for Acadechism.
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

It's not terrible given the speed of these 2 instances, the problem being the time to go there, especially without druid or wizwarlock in a group.
    My opinion during these hunters allow people who have this quest to access a portal when a named on the list is killed, to a choice of another instance entrance, or zone.
    Could give a option for players in a hurry , others, the choice to ignore it
  3. Muffincookie Active Member

Why do we even have hunters to begin with??!
    Fetish likes this.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Because Daily active users is an important metric to DarkPaw games
  5. Spectre Active Member

I hate Grind MMORPGS, and the Hunter's has turned EQ2 into one.
    Fetish likes this.
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

Go play live for 15 y and you will see what grind really is.
    Here it's 'just' hunter.
    I m good with it.
    In. hoping it stays that way .
    + the recent change is a nice moove.
  7. Muffincookie Active Member

What change? do you meen the adorns instead of items?
  8. DENSER Well-Known Member

Exactly, and I feel the scathing response to that.
    Anyway, nothing pushes us to do them. That's for sure, yes it's boring, yes completely zombie-like, completely stupid, but that's how it is, how mmo's working now.
    So, if you like the game, if you want to have your character a little stronger, well you do it .
    What can we do ? Nothing, nada, niet.
    So either we do them despite everything in quiet mode without taking the lead too much, or we rage and we yell .
    It's almost the holidays, tired of yelling, I want to leave with peace of mind, so I'm positive, yes that change is a +, yes its still hunter but a + for the items in the game.
  9. Jovie Well-Known Member

Hunters, to me, has the feel of a daily task, and i abhor daily tasks.
  10. Muffincookie Active Member

Wouldn't it be more fun if the time spent on Hunter quests would be to focus on getting gear in various zones and also lvl up alts and play other parts of the game??
    As soon as Hunters starts the game dies and ppl more or less live only doing those. I hate it, absolutely hate it!!
    And now we even have FOUR sometimes LONG zones we have to do.
  11. ASadSin New Member

If they were smart they would make it a "pick 1 of these 4 zones" type of thing.
    Not typing more.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  12. Arandar Well-Known Member

If Hunters missions were actually engaging, interesting content then I don't think folks would have much of an issue. As it is, it's an uninteresting, tedious experience for what amounts to (now) a fairly minor upgrade. I think many of us were happy about the switch to adornments, not because it was a significant must-have improvement, but rather the opposite. It removed any sense of urgency that we actually run Hunters, except for people who didn't have existing KoS items.
    Fetish and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  13. Spectre Active Member

This is funny. After many TLEs it is very boring. I would be impressed if they would actually add new content to the TLEs and got rid of the grinding hunters (which I stopped doing 2 TLEs ago).
    Spiritus Praeteriti likes this.
  14. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Not that this makes it more fun, but getting an item that is a significant upgrade that takes you well into the next expansion is semi-worth the grind. The current paradigm is not.
    Fetish likes this.
  15. Slowcast New Member

That’s why I canceled my accounts and bought an Xbox series X
    Arielle Nightshade and Fetish like this.
  16. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

That's what raid loot and the signature items from the Expansion-defining quest that takes you through all the content are for!

Oh wait..

If the task is mindless NPC behavior at least once a day, the player really doesn't deserve anything more than a few pixels of experience on the bar and some coin. "But it's just one item slot!" has no relevance. This is exactly why this game is where it is now.
  17. Fetish Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It isn't the effort or repetition involved. I'm a bit of a masochist. I absolutely love the Peacock Timeline. However, when end game is turned in to people logging in their toons just to invis or brawler flop though a dungeon, or lame *** pet pulls (looking at you Poet's Palace) only to log off and then log in their next toon to repeat until their eyes bleed... Meh, forget that. I'll be back for the next TLE if it doesn't have Hunters.
    Spectre and Spiritus Praeteriti like this.
  18. DENSER Well-Known Member

This just sums up the 'content' offered by the team for years .
    But at least on the tle it comes down to that. On the live that's it non-stop .
    And then for the tle, you have the choice to do it, or not, in itself it will not change your playing experience. On the other hand on the live ..
    Another story.
    Let's be happy to be limited to that here.
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

Anyway, between what's been done on kael, and the cloak (even if it's only appearance) we can fear the worst for our nostalgic tranquility
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

For anyone who's already experienced the prior TLEs, it really isn't about nostalgia, that ship sailed 8 years ago. Now, the TLEs are simply a variant of the standard servers without extraneous systems layered on top of one another, and without gated group content.
    Spiritus Praeteriti likes this.