Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 21, 2018.

1. elflover Well-Known Member

It was my pack pony and its not the upgraded to the pop one. I did it several times in a row. I had summoned it while i was waiting on count down to start the bounce in sinking sands, was checking if harvests were ready. Then immediately said count was 0 and timer was gone.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

Ok well doesn't seem to do it now, but if you have your pony summoned when you start the race(sinking sands) and un summon him, he will die.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good lord, they really don't know how to deal with ponies with this one... :-/

I guess the moral is, leave your pony alone or check him before getting the quest? :-/

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Found a purple glowie in Gnoggin's Hidden Cove (Gnary a Joke to Tell quest), as I've done in the past. Went to gather it. Got up to about 2 dozen+ "other" purple glowies, many of which I was "too far to away to interact with"; after most of them faded away, at least the ones I could reach and see, I figured whatever was left would be the real McCoy. Imagine my frustration when they ALL poofed away. Or, the only real one could've been embedded in the trunk of a nearby palm tree, and therefore unreachable. :-/

Was this intended? >:-/

EDIT: The palm tree in question was the furthest NW one with a pirate flag on the "mainland."

Uwk
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I've had this happen before, Uwk. It's frustrating. I took it to mean that I never clicked on the right shiny. =(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're at least starting to fix the silly things in the rest of the game when they're up a tree, on top of a mushroom that we can get to, but apparently we're still "too far away," etc. But Jiminy, that entire area, both the "mainland" and the little "island" when we come in, have acres of empty space they could put those stupid multi-glowies on (which was amusing the first 1-2 times; after that, it got really, really annoyingly frustrating, to be surrounded by dozens of the blasted things), when they know how far the ultimate radius can get (I'm thinking, at the outer limit of being "too far away" even when it's under our toes). :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Those Bristlebane shinies have been like that since they added them. I've actually had better luck this year than previous years not getting to the point where they are all duds.

I think the "too far away" message you get in this case is really a " this is a dud that's now getting ready to poof" message.

Because it happens to ones right at your feet if you've left them too long as well.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, amen. :-/

On the first three popping up, I harvest the lowest one while keeping an eye on the left one, then harvest that while watching the third one, just in case of more spawning. I don't mind the three (I'd prefer just, y'know, ONE), or even six or nine, but two dozen or more really just starts getting annoying beyond belief or time spent in the effort. :-/

Ostensibly, if you just give up and wait for the others to pop like soap bubbles, what's left should be the real thing?

Uwk
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

They will all poof. I harvest the initial three, and then the three that pop around my feet. Often this will collect the shiny. After that, I just start clicking on everything. LOL
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They will ALL poof? Some of them are just idiotic prank ones that don't have any reward at all, except a bunch of wasted time? Hmm...now I know why Bristlebane is considered NEUTRAL, and not GOOD. :-/

And yeah, me too, click-wise; after awhile, you can't keep up with the patterns (or at least, I can't). ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.