Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Curiouser and curiouser! The beans, gems and chest all have the same truncation issue with the creation message. The two candles you listed provide their entire names. ... and I now have more house items to dump in the free furniture dungeons on Test. ;D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you! I was able to pin point the issue due to that.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Here's the changes I've got coming to Test for this content:
    • Kaborite Stone of Gygax - Stone type is now spelled correctly.
    • Wildlight Clothwork Pegasus - Now uses exclusive appearance.
    • Ornate Chest of Fool's Gold - Now shows the proper name when successfully crafting 2.
    • Chest of Fool's Gold - Now shows the proper name when successfully crafting 2.
    • Plate of Sunshine Gems - Now shows the proper name when successfully crafting 2.
    • Wicker Basket of Green Beans - Now shows the proper name when successfully crafting 2.
    • Patchcraft critters now spawn at the same level as player, and their tier increases for players above level 101.
    • Rescuing the Princess A Bristlebane Tale - A Sinister Place in the Emerald Jungle now scales above level 100.
    • a spotted bovoch - Pet commands have been adjusted.
    • a ruby skimmer - Pet commands have been adjusted.
    ~ Kaitheel
  4. Irish Active Member

Any chance the achievements done previous to this year for the Bunny line will count , when it goes live; since they don't count toward fast and furrious as of now. Not looking forward to doing another 1000, when i have already done the 750 cottontail one. Also will the Beast'r egg dance command on the house pets work on live, doesn't work on all 11 of them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

This is only the case for those who have already caught some bunnies. For example, a player that has caught 25 bunnies last year won't have those 25 counted on their 1000, but by the time they catch 750 this year they'll have 725 towards their 1000. It's a finicky thing adding a new achievement to a group of achievements that already existed.

P.S. There may be a way for me to create achievements where this wouldn't be the case. I'll have to experiment with them and keep it in mind for next year, or any other holidays where I expand an existing achievement group.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

That is another issue requiring attention from Art. They've been notified, and will hopefully have a fix for us, but it will not be in time for the event. I'm leaving the command there, so when it is hooked up it will work without my assistance.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

BTW - We're aiming to have Test updated sometime later tomorrow (3/23).

~ Kaitheel
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I promise I am not trying to derail, just responding to your statement about experimenting with expanding existing achievement groups. Could we please get something added to NoTD for throwing pumpkins above and beyond what is there. I know besides me others threw thousands of pumpkins this last NoTD trying to get the mount, no luck for me, but with pumpkin parties, I helped others get the mount, which works for me, I like to help others, its my thing.

Also perhaps achievement tiers above what already exists for the patchcraft mobs during Bristlebane and the puppets during the Heroes Festival?

As for other achievements like this, who does the slayer achievements? They should really throw a bone in there and add some tiers to the existing achievements and/or add new slayer mobs to go after.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

This patch is now on Test.

I like the new mount appearance! Not my favorite colors, mind you, but some nice variety for other folks! :D

Rescuing the Princess mobs now scale properly. You might want to do the same tier increase for them that you did for the patchcraft critters? At 110, this is pretty much a faceroll instance. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, trust me, there's nothing wrong with faceroll instances...in other words, "too easy"? No such thing, unless we aren't getting any XP at all from it. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What I would love to see with this achievement thing is a correlation between the Completed quest data and the Achievement data, where us old farts who've done many a quest before the Achievement System was a thing don't have the quests count at all toward the holiday achievements. Most of them are repeatable, but still. :-/

If they counted on the Completed list, they ought to for the Achievement. /nod

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm specifically talking about the level 101-110 scaling, Uwk, which is the same scaling he did on the patchcraft mobs. He made it so they'd take 2-3 hits instead of 1. :p Don't worry, I'm not asking for lower-level stuff to be touched.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Woot! :D

Uwk
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I published the house items in my Opera house (Bristlebane - Beast'r 2018 ; medium homes)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On Thurgadin? Or Test? :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Loot from a deity avatar? Isn't that why they got bent out of shape at us in the first place in EQ1 and that's why we have EQ2, with a completely different (or at least, re-organized) map?! :-/

Either they deliberately trashed Norrath out of rage, or just let us suffer for decades->centuries because we got too big for our britches and kept bothering them in their home planes. :-/

Uwk
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

On Test.
  19. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I should have made the point that I want the APPEARANCE of the item put into game via a quest, NPC purchase, or if DBG is wanting to make an extra few bucks, put it on Marketplace for Station Cash purchases.

There are tons of old school EQ2 things that were in game and they'd make a lot of money off of if they just added them to MP under appearance armor and weapons.

Even if I was in a raiding guild that was killing avatars at level 80, there is no way my swashbuckler (who follows Bristlebane) would have been able to equip that Trixy Cane of Trickery.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

What does it look like?