Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Brewday Festival is now active on Test!

Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Follow the shouts of rowdy patrons located near every player city to the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. Once inside, grab a stein and celebrate Brewday with the holiday themed rewards, crafts, and adventures, both new and familiar. Those with a keen eye will find a collection of new drinks throughout the bars and drinking holes of Norrath this Brewday! Otengard Brauer's Beer Garden in the Butcherblock Mountains seems to have attracted some unwanted patrons, and there's news of goblins stirring trouble in the Enchanted Lands, too!

New Features for '16!
    • TLE servers have a special Brewday themed merchant, a boozy celebrator, in Freeport and Qeynos Qeynos Capitol District. (Not active on Test.)
    • 10 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell
    • New Collection - More Brews is Good News
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VII" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell.

Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Brewday Festival achievements
    • Special event items can be purchased from Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell in exchange for Beer Tokens.
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Wild Boar loot from Hammy in High Keep while Brewday is active.
    • Brews of Norrath holiday collection found at different bars and drinking holes throughout Norrath.
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI
    • Tradeskill recipe to craft the Velious Distillery 2 & 3
    • Returning quests:
      • "Bog Mountain's Eruption" - Repeatable every year
      • "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew" - NOT repeatable
      • "What is That Noise?!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Drinks Are On The House!" - Repeatable every two hours
      • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Repeatable every year
      • "Beers for Brell!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brell's Everlasting Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale Goggles" - Repeatable every year
      • “Thurgadin Ice Brew” - Repeatable every year
      • “Black Swill for Blackswell” - NOT repeatable
      • “Deep Within Hammerhall” - Repeatable every year
      • "Rummage for Answers" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock" - Repeatable
        • Added "Bottle Toss" new reward choice to Enormous Prize reward choices

This event content is currently set to run 03/03/2016 at 12:01am PST through 03/17/2016 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.
  2. Lera Well-Known Member

Needs more cubes.
  3. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

• New Collection - More Brews is Good News
    I like the way you guys think :) let the good times flow.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

BUG - Square Lucky Streak Window.
    Default placement on this defaults to sunken into the wall enough to hide the window part (all you see is the green frame, not the panes and the falling clovers) Tested on several surfaces.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Linlainu Active Member

I am sure it is probably already too late for *this* year's Brew Day festivities.. but I happened to see the Hops Petamorph Wand (which is very disturbing btw!) and thought they would make for interesting plushies...

Just an idea!
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Gnobrin is submitting a fix for that. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

YESSSSSS
    cool a new collection can we have a new collection for every festival from now on ?
    but does that mean the old one is gone ?
    can we get some clover to built with next year ? just asking
    Anyway I just love ,love, love the new stuff :):D
    well no new quests it looks like but we get the collection that's good
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The old collection is still there, the new collection is in new spots. If you want spoilers on where to find the new collection bits, you can find 'em here. http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q187&menustr=080000000000
  9. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Anyone seen any of the new shinies? There seem to be none in all but Cardin Ward. (Can't check there as I don't have the port item,)

Hmm, do you need the ale goggles to see them?
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I. LOVE. YOU. GUYS. And Denmum! What amazingly COOL new items, and even more important, recipes! Thanks so much for the info! :D

A little disappointed in the new collection, but given the reward, it's actually not too surprising. ;->

Uwk
    who will now have to look up all of the dozens of alts and see who all needs their Carpet of Clover, though they're probably all safe on Test; Skyfire and Storms are probably in need, though... ;)
    Pixilicious likes this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I found shinies in the 4 areas listed in the link I provided above. Purple shinies, I didn't need to wear the goggles to see them.

Niami's library in S. Qeynos should have the port item to Obol Plains if you haven't unlocked the port in Mara, btw.
  12. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Oh YAY!! The cutting a rug is about the coolest things to happen if ages!! I have been pleading for the satyr fire that makes you dance in Frostfell for the longest time, but this is even better!! Thank you, thank you and thanks some more:) What better holiday than this one for this item, you have outdone yourself once again in bringing a fresh outlook to the game:)
    [IMG]
  13. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I checked and I can see the old Brewday shinies fine But none of my characters can see the new shinies. I updated the files when I switched to Test, and Brewday is going on. So odd that I can't see these shinies.
  14. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

****************** now if only we could get BETTER DANCES*****************************
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I dig the Sarnak racial one; it's one of the few things I miss about World of Warcraft, where everyone had their own dances, and frequently even different ones for men and women. ;->

Even the Fae one is cute, though the Arasai one just makes me want to smack them upside the back of the head like Gibbs on NCIS just to wake them up. X-P

Uwk
    Quiarrah likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I take it back: there's something else amongst the few things from WoW I miss: mirror sites for downloading updates. I never needed them before, here, but it's been several hours, and I still can't get into Test, because the installing update is over 6 GIGS OF INFORMATION. There has NEVER been a holiday that took that much, Everquest 2 has NEVER forced things down our throats in such huge chunks until this year, and there's not even a new quest this time, just the new collection that's only in the last four expansions, zone-wise--whoops, spoiler, sorry. :-/

What the hell?? >:-/

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...did you have the red goggles, or the Cloak of the Harvester or Earring or whatever it is that lets you see red shinies, Mum? I'm wondering if it's related to that...? :-/

Uwk
  18. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Uwkete: Don't Forget GUILD WARS also (for dances).
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Never played it. ;->

I've played Everquest 1 (very briefly; got discouraged, pissed off, and fed up when I had to be twinked by my buddies for food/drink rather than equipment before level 10), City of Heroes, WoW, and Facebook Games; also Minecraft's solo, beta (free! ;->) version, until that last made me too motion-sick to continue it. :(

Also a ton of single-player games; my fave there has always been Civilization II, and it grieves me more than I can say that Win7 Home Edition doesn't play nice with it at all (the Professional Edition does, if I want to spend another $100 or so for the upgrade, which may/may not exist any more). X-(

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to strongly suspect it wasn't for the holiday (it might've been for the EoF stuff on TLE); there were other folks downloading/installing on Test, and it took much shorter for them. I think something's wrong... :(

Uwk