Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Kaitheel Developer

I'm being told it has already been fixed for live, and Test will get it with next update.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK (/BUG?): Is this a new thing for the Mini-Hammerstein? One of the quest rewards for Deep Within Hammerhall...it says it's Dual Wield, yet I can't equip it in the Secondary slot on my Shadowknight (come to think of it, the Axe of Decapitation from Nights of the Dead is like that, too; Dual Wield and it can't be equipped there). Isn't that sort of defeating the purpose of tagging something Dual Wield if you can't? :-/

Uwk
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

It's weird that they decided to use "dual wield" on appearance weapons. I don't remember seeing that term before on weapon other than appearance only ones. Main hand/off hand/one hand is what is usually used for everything else.

However, I wouldn't assume that it having that tag would magically make a class that can't dual wield able to. It's functionally identical to having a weapon labeled "one hand" .

Items that can be used by non-duel wielding classes in the off hand are always labeled secondary or secondary/ranged. i
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But any of the Fighter-types can dual-wield, iirc, like the Shadowknight...I should've been able to, and tagging something Dual Wield and then refusing it is just confusing. :-/

Uwk
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Nope, Shadowknight & Paladin don't get dual wield. They can only go either with a 2 hander or a 1hander + shield.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Finora is correct. At one time, Crusaders could only use Kite Shields or Rounds, and could not use ranged weapons at all. We've never been able to dual wield.
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

Not if you have Adblock Plus. Best. Addon. Ever.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you make an account and log in, I think you only see one ad. I use Firefox with Ad Block Plus, so I never see any ads.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ad Block...must get! :D

And no wonder I couldn't dual wield; I always thought Fighters could, and maybe some can, but I thought it was across the board. No wonder it didn't work! But I think I would've preferred something like "you can't use this here because you can't" rather than "this item cannot be equipped there," which is a lie. :-/

Uwk
  10. Canth Active Member

I can't get this quest. I've looked to make sure it's not in my journal and that it's not hidden somehow. My completed quests show I did it on 3/7/14. Anyone else having this issue?
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

From now on set up a failsafe of a limited times trying to get jimmy to give you the barley I took 20-30 minuts trying ot ge the green glow for the barley these quests are supposed fun taking 20- 30 minutes to get the update is not fun. it is only frustrating.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Are those having trouble with Jimmy doing the count til he's angry method?

1) Give Jimmy coffee.
    2) Give him dwarven ale until he gets angry, make sure you count how many it takes. Don't do this fast.
    3) Give him more coffee.
    4) Give him one less ale than you gave him before.
    5) Give him gnomish spirits slowly until he goes green.

I have yet to have this fail doing this dozens of times last Brewday and at least 15 times thus far this Brewday.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

watch his language if he gets rowdy , give him coffee
    its totally random how much he drinks before he goes green.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've lucked out sometimes, where he greens up after only 3-4 Dwarven Ales; no need for Gnomish Spirits, but sometimes he gets stubborn. :-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Odd, but I've never tried to repeat it on a character who's already done it once; usually by then we've got a good stockpile of Brewday Coins on that server, alts-wise, and I don't necessarily feel the need. But one way or another (saying it's Repeatable or making it not Repeatable when it should be), it definitely sounds like a bug. :-/

Uwk
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o yea I have done that quest more than once it has to be a bug
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just ended up not being able to get the noise quest on one of my toons
    but you still can pick up the quest down in the basement though.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Still sounds like a bug...they might not be able to fix it by the 17th this year, but I hope Kaitheel will put that in his notes! ;->

Uwk