In Progress BoL Access Quest Appears Borked

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Almee, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Just finished the BoL access quest, for the second time today, and something weird is going on. I had help from other, experienced players, each time. The first time, we were killed repeatedly until my helper figured a work around and we finished the instance.

The second time, my helper and I died multiple times as our power was sapped so fast we didn't have a chance. I then tried with another player and we had the same problem, at first, but then the player used a mana-regen spell and we were able to get through.

It appears the Fount of Power isn't working correctly as even the first set of trash mobs were able to all drain power immediately. Unless you could melee, or one-shot them from afar, you were dead.

I don't claim to know exactly what the problem is but hopefully someone else can chime in and let you know what is going wrong. My last character was a warlock in BoL gear and I would never have been able to fight the trash mobs, let alone the bosses, without raid-geared help. I am so grateful to the people who took the time to come help me get my characters through the instance.
    Carynn, ramblinrod and Semperfifofum like this.
  2. Daryx Well-Known Member

It's not just the BOL access quest. Apparently the Fount of Power buff is not having the correct effect. I am running a character through the CD signature line and am getting hit with Mortal Feast by every mob, as is my merc, draining our power completely and knocking health down critically. Fount of Power is active on both my character and the merc, and it was working normally yesterday in these same instances.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Apparently anything with Mortal Feast is now ignoring Fount buff. It might be possible to use the Heroic instance to get the BoL quest started, but I didn't have the stomach to try that today. I guess this is a good time to work on crafting with alts. Many of mine are in level 100 purgatory.
    Wulfgyr likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you for explaining the problem, Semperfifofum. One of my helpers explained what was happening but it flew by chat so fast I didn't have time to write it down. All I could remember was that the Fount buff wasn't working correctly.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I have this problem every now and then, and found that increasing the font size and using the scroll bar on the left gave me time to jot things down. Sometimes I'll even enlarge the window to cover that side of the screen when I'm not actively running around dodging things.