Not A Bug Blighted Horde

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fura, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Fura New Member

I realize that Caith explained, but this ability was still modified differently / is behaving differently than the patch notes state.

Will it be adjusted?
  2. Caith Developer

No, Enhance: Blighted Horde is currently working as designed. It will not be re-broken to reduce the base casting time by 36 seconds when it was intended and stated that it reduced the base casting time by 6 seconds.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

will you consider re-adding that 5 second duration enhancement as a middle-ground? :)
  4. Ptalomej Member

You are cunning, I designed it with an increase in duration by 5 seconds. But due to the mistake with the reuse DPS of the horde turned out to be too large and all that was required was to fix this error and not fix the mistake and change the odds by removing essentially all the improvement. I already see that half of the necromancers were betrayed, if the developers do not want to delve into the essence of the problem - well, let them not be surprised that people will continue to leave the game
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

if you read the post caith posted he talks about 2 bugs: 1 is the huge reuse-reduction he fixed and 2 is the wrongly added 5 second duration which afaik was supposed to be TLE only

i just advocate for adding the 5 second duration buff to live too
  6. Ptalomej Member

on TLE, everything was fine anyway, these AA were revamped specifically for live servers in order to become useful, and in the end they became worse than they were initially, when the number of swarms was added to the horde
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

yes but the aa was bugged, it didnt reduce reuse by 6 seconds or whatever it reduced by much more and that was the bug
  8. Fura New Member

1) Enhance: Blighted Horde never mentioned CASTING TIME. It mentioned BASE REUSE and DURATION. Please stop mixing up terminology in your responses.

2) Enhance: Blighted Horde was "intended" to adjust base reuse time and duration - it's been that way for years. You repaired one that was behaving incorrectly (base reuse), but removed the other one completely (duration). Don't try to hide behind "it was broken me fix broken thing" anymore when that's clearly NOT WHAT YOU DID.

3) The "it will not be re-broken" part of your post seems snide to me. I'm a paying customer - if you can't talk to me correctly then I suggest you have someone else make posts and you stick to messing up class abilities and not being able to properly describe what you changed.

4) If we're keeping score, you guys are 0 / 3 in explaining what you just did to blighted horde. The patch notes and two dev posts in this thread are all incorrect in some major way. Any necro could have explained it better 5 minutes after logging in - maybe you should talk to one sometime.
    Manafizzle likes this.
  9. Fura New Member

I've never put up with this level of stupidity and have no plans of starting now.

Goodbyes said, payment sources deleted and membership canceled.

Caith - You should at least be able to explain your blundering with the proper terms. If you don't understand or are in over your head, please ask for help or find another job.

For the rest of the community here I sincerely wish you the best!
  10. Goezer Master of Crayons

Taking plat and krono donations from those who are leaving. :D
  11. Banana Tree Member

So it seems that the Enhance Blighted Horde AA never worked as it was meant to- but was rolled back based on 2 combined factors.
    The patch notes read: ABILITIES Enhance: Blighted Horde no longer increases duration on live servers.
    The added duration was removed when apparently that was never the issue with it.

CaithWhat was not apparent was the fact that the Enhanced: Blighted Horde, which stated it reduced the base duration of the ability by 1 second per tier, was setting the base duration down from 60 seconds to 28.8 seconds. Which is obviously incorrect, being far more then 1 second. The correction to the duration override also caused this to right itself, so it was no longer affecting the ability incorrectly.”

Why on Earth/Norrath was the duration removed when you say that was not the problem with it? You say it never worked correctly- i.e. duration boost working as intended and reuse not bugged.

Caith "Enhance: Blighted Horde is currently working as designed. It will not be re-broken to reduce the base casting time by 36 seconds when it was intended and stated that it reduced the base casting time by 6 seconds."

Seems to me the AA was designed to increase the duration as well.

Necros used to do OK DPs on some raid names (single target mobs with a lot of health) but now are not in the running on anything. No burst damage, no good on AOE fights, and now not on single target mobs.

Now that you located a reuse bug, please reconsider and maybe let us try the AA the way it was meant to work.
  12. Goezer Master of Crayons

You took part of what Caith stated. "When I did so the lack of the time-locked restriction on the duration extension was immediately apparent, and it was fixed" duration increase was TLE not live. Stated that just before the what was not apparent part.
  13. Banana Tree Member

I put in the relevant information. The fact is, it seems that this AA never worked correctly, and by attempting to fix one part of it they inadvertently changed something else, i/.e. duration and recast were both affected when that was not what the patch said it was going to do.
    I am not certain that the AA enhancement that the devs originally put in ever worked correctly, and this is what i am trying to get looked at. Why not implement it correctly (keep duration) instead of removing what it was supposed to do as well as 'fixing' something that nobody knew was broken (recast) ?

So when one change was made it tugged at something else as well, not intended it seems, which resulted in a 70 - 85% reduction in Blighted Horde.

14. Goezer Master of Crayons

Correct, when they fixed/removed the duration increase which was for TLE, not live servers. By removing it, that fixed the bug that was tucked away (the reuse being reduced to 12.8 secs vs 28ish seconds as it should have been. The reuse of BH wasn't ever intended to be that low. the reduction was to give it about half of the original reuse not make it just about same as the extended duration resulting in nearly 100% up time. Caith has stated it's working as intended in current form. So it's not likely to change to be any different than what it is. Being he's the guy who changed it in the first place to correct the bugs.

Caith: No, Enhance: Blighted Horde is currently working as designed. It will not be re-broken to reduce the base casting time by 36 seconds when it was intended and stated that it reduced the base casting time by 6 seconds.

That right there is telling you that it's not changing from current form.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

Remember that time Harm Touch AA was accidentally reducing the reuse to like 30s and SKs didn't pretend it was the end all, nail in the coffin to the class because it was blatantly obvious it was a mistake? Yea...
    Goezer likes this.
  16. ojomi New Member

SK were never considered a tier 1 dps either. JS
  17. Priority Well-Known Member

Lol, that was your response? We need broken stuff cuz t1?

Also, one guilds t1 is another guilds MT....
  18. ojomi New Member

Sorry, didn't think I would need to spell it out. Say as a tank, I told you that we were "fixing" a broken spell and you would no longer be able to hold agro as a result of that fix. Would you be happy as a tank? Would you be invited to group or raid? Didn't think so.
    Manafizzle likes this.
  19. Priority Well-Known Member

You mean like the fighter rune where SKs got 1/4 the damage that every other tank did from it? Like, that kind of broken and we were told to quit whining?
  20. Revanu Well-Known Member

They can put BH back to its unintended form IF they give tanks the fighter rune back. BH would never get discussed cuz you’d have nothing but tanks in the raid cuz that rune was busted
    Priority likes this.