Best Adornments for a Berserker

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-RaliEQ, Apr 21, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ducey Guest

[p]Dirges get something dont they?[/p][p] and either cor or illus?[/p][p] if they both do and the spells stack that could prove very useful.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Some other classes do. They stack as well. As I stated though, haste is something you can do yourself. There is no ability or stat you can raise other than that to increase proc rate (by yourself).
  3. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

I'm a MT for my guild and I've got pretty much the same adornment configurations although...

I chose +44 dmg shield vs. 100 hitpoints. I figured since I was going to be standing there taking hit after hit the extra dmg from each hit helps my dps and agro generation. With 7-8 healers focusing on me, I'm not too worried about 100 hp in the grand scheme of things.
    I didn't bother adorning the cloak/belt because both effects are negligible at best.
    My primary weapon is Vilucidae's Sword of Shielding and I put the +2% riposte on that. It adds to my avoidance and my dmg when successfully riposting. I have however considered getting a high delay weapon with a nice damage spread to put a power tap adornment on the longer mana intensive fights where 2 group regens and clarity potions aren't enough.
    Earrings I could go either way. I went int but I could see putting 2 +100 resists to one of your resists that happens to be lower htan your others or a specific resist type you tend to encounter more often than others but again.. 200? Thats not very spectacular.

I think they should up resist adornments to 300-400 a pop otherwise they are pretty much pointless.
    I also think they should increase the % of haste adornment and allow it to stack.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Before i go buy these items.....Does the +10 dps on the neck and bow stack?
  5. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

of course, otherwise i wouldnt list them =]
  6. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Thats what i thought. I just wanted to read someone say it...Thank you
  7. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Who makes the %2 parry items for wrists?
  8. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

check the link i listed in page 1, it has anything you could ever need about adorns... handy to bookmark
  9. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Ok i got the link ( thk u btw ) and i looked but i still dont see any adornments for wrists with +2 to parry....what am i missing?
  10. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

the 1% block was recently changed to 2% parry, same name tho and same recipie, so look for that one, i belive its sage
  11. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Correct, on all counts. The assumption was that the change was to make the adornments "fair" to brawler tanks who Deflect instead of Block, but I've seen no Dev word on the subject. It does help the plate tanks a bit, too: if you haul out the two-hander for easy content or non-tanking DPS work, your adornments don't stop working...
  12. ARCHIVED-Eluthria Guest

[p]I agree with Jvaloth who suggested a DMG Shield adornment for the shoulder slot; I think that would be very handy when coupled with a damage shield elixir. Some raid mobs have a nasty damage shield or an incredibly high riposte rate so you can't always leave auto attack on, the DMG shield helps make up for the lack of DPS from auto attack.[/p][p]I also don't agree with the INT adornments for the ear slots. From what I can gather INT 'seems' to do nothing for a Berserker. INT does not affect proc rate (it did once upon a time but not anymore, talk to the old school Ranger's). From my understanding INT only increases magic damage. The only magic damage that a Berserker does is from item procs or damage shields. From my observations though strangely increasing INT does not change the damage offered by an item proc when the item is examined. I suspect however that in practice when the item actually procs the INT increase might then be applied to the damage; can anyone confirm this?[/p][p]As a side note, someone was suggesting that increasing your haste will increase your proc rate. To the best of my understanding this is not true. Percentage Proc chance works on a sliding scale that is dynamically adjusted according to your current 'actual weapon delay'. Try typing /weapon and experimenting with different levels of haste. You'll notice that the 'proc percent' adjusts accordingly.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Well sir you would be wrong on the 2 things you disagree'd on... First off proc % with and without haste: [IMG] As you can see the % is the same but the delays are different. This is because proc chance is based on BASE delay like i said before... Second off is what int does for you... like people said before in increases some proc damage, depending on what type of proc it is. [IMG] and [IMG] Can clearly see the only stat of mine that changed is int and the proc damage clearly reflects the change in int.
  14. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Gorefang@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'll quote myself from the 2nd page :) "Seems like the windows don't update properly. If you inspect an item, change int value and mouse over it the number doesn't change, but if you inspect it again it does."
  15. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

Int = boost all magical proc. But you won't see a lots of differences if you don't have a lots of int.
  16. ARCHIVED-Eluthria Guest

[p]Thanks for posting that info Skel.[/p][p]I could have sworn the last time I checked my proc percent adjusted according to actual delay rather than base delay but there it is in black and white :oops:[/p][p]I guess with regard to the INT issue when I was testing I might not have significantly increased my INT to warrant an adjustment to magic damage; I don't tend to carry a great deal of INT items. Perhaps though I was caught out by the little bug Bremer is suggesting.[/p][p]Completely off topic... but which UI are using that shows all those juicy hidden stats?[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Yeah the int doesnt increase our procs by alot, but imo a few more damage here and there is better then a measly 100 to a resist. Hah i have gotten quite a few PM's about that persona window. I actually use the default UI with some mods, persona being one of those. You guys can download it here.
  18. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest