Berserker Sentinel's Fate Info

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

The main things besides AAs:

* Taunts now crit, and are parseable in log files. They are also affected by Potency % and Ability Modifiers now.
    * Crits, Crit Bonuses, Double Attacks, Base %s are all consolidated.
    * Innate crit bonuses for Berserkers are:
    ---Melee Crit: 1.5
    ---Spell Crit: 1.3
    ---Heal Crit: 1.3
    ---Taunt Crit: 1.5
    * Aggression stat now reduces taunt resist rates and increases base taunt.
    * Vision of Madness is now a 5 minute recast.
    * Adrenaline's power drain can no longer be modified except by direct means.
    * All CAs from 71-80, except Adrenaline, get upgraded from 81-90.
    * M2 choices are: Blood Rage 6, Bloodbath 7, Berserk Rage 8, Mock 8

AA changes:
    * KoS tree got changed. Bind Wonud now has 10 ranks, and each rank boosts our base STR and STA by 4.
    * Attribute AAs are gone. All other AAs with ranks now have up to 10 ranks, some can now go higher than before, some take 10 to get what used to take 8.

KoS tree

STR tree
    * Weapon Expertise - 22 Crit Chance at 10 ranks
    * Executioner's Anger - 10% Hate Gain, 30% base Taunt amount at 10 ranks.

AGI tree
    * Dragoon's Cyclone - 40% AoE auto-attack at 10 ranks

STA tree
    * Gladiator's Finesse - 25% Double Attack at 10 ranks
    * Gladiator's Revenge: 12% increased block chance at 10 ranks.

WIS tree
    * Seasoned Veteran - 24 DPS at 10 ranks
    * Unshakeable - ~500 mitigation at 10 ranks at level 90

INT tree
    * Slayer's Speed - 17.6 Haste at 10 ranks
    * Parry - 27 Parry at 10 ranks at level 90

EoF Tree

Enhance: Vision of Madness - Reduces recast by 24 seconds every rank

Shadows Tree

Fighter

* Battle Hardening - 288.75 reduced physical damage at 90.

Warrior

* Rallying Cry - Grants 119 Ability Modifier for Bloodlust 7 (affects heals now, too)

* Berserk - Now specifically says it can be cast while under the effects of Lost Adrenaline

Sentinel's Fate Attributes

Unlocks after spending 70 points in the KoS (Warrior) tree and after reaching level 81. Each ability has 8 ranks, 1 point each.

Endline unlocks after spending 16 points in Sentinel's Fate Attributes, 2 ranks at 2 points each.

Specific notes: Reversal of Fortune adds a flat threat amount that does not vary with increased points into Reversal.

Experienced Insight 2 gains a threat proc with the second rank.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Sentinel's Fate

Sentinel's Fate AAs unlock after spending 70 points in the EoF (Berserker) tree, and after reaching level 81. AAs have 5 ranks, 1 point each.

The endline unlocks after spending 10 points in Sentinel's Fate, costs 2 AAs.

DESPITE what the AA description says, Ward of Rage grants the ward regardless of your stance.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Other information:

The Mythical does not affect Insolence III. However completion of the quest to convert the Mythical into a spell will allow the additional hate positions to Insolence III.

You can still click the myth and swap the weapon out for another weapon for the AoE auto-attack.

At level 90, there will be a quest to convert your Fabled and Mythical epic weapons. Upon completing this quest:
    You will lose the epic weapon itself when you finish the quest.

In it's place you get an appearance-only version of the Mythical, a house item that looks like the Mythical, and two spells that are auto-scribed:

* Whirlwind clicky, which is the damage reduction and the AoE auto-attack buff, whcih you can turn off and on as usual.
    * A buff that is the equivalent of Enrage (hate generation when you take damage), the enhancement to Insolence, and the proc, all rolled up into one package, found on the mythical.
    In a nutshell, you get the Mythical effects and can now switch weapons as you see fit.
  2. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

You rock, btw.
    At the presentation tonight he said something about the beta server being patched. Hopefully at the VERY least some of the trivial bugs are taken care of; little things like the description of Ward of Rage being wrong.
    Still optimistic we may see some minor improvements, especially to the raid adornments built for soloing.
    Although honestly ... the adornments for 3/4 of my classes look to be that way.
  3. ARCHIVED-dubritski Guest

so Ward of rage is that a bug that will proc ward on both stances ? will it be fixed to only work in defensive stance or fixed to work in both stances ?
    if its only in defensive stance, its only geared for the guards as far as im concerned..
    Aggrevation should be the other way around imo.. we currently dont really have a problem hitting mobs in offensive stance, the problem is defensive stance lowers our hit chance to make the stance useless without a dirge or a warden in group to increase the slashing. so it would be cool if it could be changed the other way around to make us more accurate in def stance and more def in offensive stance .. as the spell is right now its useless to us as we will still have to roll in Off stance at all times

all in all the new aa's are pretty much junk imo.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Ward of Rage used to only work in def stance. Why somebody assumed that Berserkers would go in def stance for a 250 pts ward proc stays SOEs secret, but they removed the stance requirement two weeks ago and didn't update the text (although it was pointed out to them). I think you don't mean Aggrevation/Aggravation (Kurgan pointed out several times on the spelling error, but without success), but Tactical Wisdom. It was also suggested to switch the bonusses, but without success (do you see a pattern? :) ). Well, there's some relation between how eager they implemented feedback and how good the new AAs look.
  5. ARCHIVED-Randomaxe Guest

Great job on the post Xalmat. I half wonder how different my specs (pve/pvp) will be in about two weeks. Can't say i'm thrilled with having to appoint two more aa's to get the same effect in warrior lines, but a few of those have at least piqued my interest. The good news is that at least I won't have to find another weapon to replace my myth until lvl 90.
  6. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Randomaxe wrote:
    Depends how you look at it. Since you don't have to spend 4 points on the starter, in the end it costs you fewer total points to max the other stuff.
  7. ARCHIVED-Beef_Supreme Guest

Little bit slow in saying this..

But much appreciated for the post and screenies, Xalmat. Very well done.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cylock Guest

so, i may be wrong on this, but from what i can remember about my toon (im not at home to check), it will now take 2 more AA to get the same haste/dps increase???
  9. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Yes, but this is offset by you no longer needing to spend 4 AA on INT stat anymore. In the end you will make out the same, or slightly better than before.
  10. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Better, really, for the reason you mentioned. On Live you spend 16 points to get 17.6 haste (4-4-8). On Beta you spend 14 (4-10).
  11. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Are they going to be doing anything with Open Wounds ? Would be nice to make that open wounds Reuse reducer in the Berserker Tree useful again.
    What about resistabilty of our taunts and more specifically "Cry of the Warrior". I have to agree with lyger now. When this abilty works Im so surprised I fall over and it takes me several minutes to recover.
    Our berserk clicky is it going to get its stats increased as it stands there are severally outdated ?

Food for thought
  12. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Open wounds needs to be an aoe that the zerker can use and benefit from. Mythical or not. Just being a haste buff for mythed zerkers is a joke.
    I would also like to see berserker onslaught become a true 360 degree aoe and not just a frontal arc. Crusaders having five + true 360 degree aoe abilities is demoralizing when a zerker is suppose to be true aoe plate fighter.
  13. ARCHIVED-Pogopuschel Guest

Late but still: Nice write-up!
  14. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

overall, everything looks like we're getting some love, and going to be able to maintain a competitive edge in the tanking arena; I like this.
    From lookin at the AA, it also looks like many of us are going back to the drawing table on AA dispersion, not thrilled about it, but pretty sure it will be a fairly simple task, hopefully cheap task to get the new AA setup to maximize my zerk.
  15. ARCHIVED-wwd2 Guest

Wow, now that's a lot to think about and plan for.
    I have been waiting to spend more into the Warrior Tree. I really enjoy some of those abilities.
    Thanks for all the great work.
  16. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I don't see Open Wounds changing at all. Which is unfortunate, because the expectation is that at level 90 every Berserker will have completed Epic Repercussions and have 100% AoE auto-attack.
    Open Wounds will still remain useful while you're leveling, and also for the extra Haste (in the event that you are not haste capped).
  17. ARCHIVED-Davish_Darkwolf Guest

What great info, many thanks :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

That is rather sad the abilty is rather useless for a raider once you get your mythical. Would have been nice to have it get some love.
    Just out curiosity I know they made alot of changes. What did they do for the crusaders doing as much damage as warrior with a sword and board vs us Dual Wielding.
  19. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Zhon@Lucan DLere wrote:
    You don't have to raid to get 100% AoE autoattack anymore either. You can get a buff equal to the Mythical by completing a relatively short quest (Epic Repurcussions which Xalmat mentioned) if you have your fabled version. It being a useless buff for a raider means it fits right in with everything else we get in SF, class-specific fabled adornments included. That's fine; there's at least one "Sisters" type fight, so it's clear they WANT you to use Guardian+Crusader+Brawler, so why give us raid abilities?
    To answer your second question ... note that Xalmat mentioned that our melee crit bonus was raised to 1.5. Well, Crusaders still have 1.3 melee crit bonus and spell crit bonus. It's a source of much outrage among the Crusader community, and I'm sure the outcry will only get larger when it goes live.
  20. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Yeah, they finally fixed this disparity. Now Open Wounds is useless for everyone, not only raiders. Hooray