Berserker Sentinel's Fate Info

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    Basically what was said here. Warriors are receiving a higher base crit mod, 1.5 v 1.3. Also what nobody seemed to mention is the fact that with the Epic weapons going bye bye Zerkers will now be using 4.0 weapons which will actually help them out for more auto attack damage while Crusaders will see it lower because they will have to go from a 6.0 delay wep to a 4.0. Things are going to be much closer than what they were in TSO.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Good Point ... :). Still kinda annoyed about the whole Open Wounds, No needing mythical to get mythical buffs....
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Zhon@Lucan DLere wrote:
    It's a 2 year old weapon that isn't exactly hard to get these days; the hard part isn't killing the mobs, but getting a raid to do RoK at all. Let it go, and let's move on.
  4. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

I am disappointed about Dragoon's Reflexes and its enhancement. Currently it would be only good for training (running) through an amount of many/orange mobs.
    What are 20 seconds invulnurability (and melee only, not magical attacks !!!) good for if you are stunned all that time? Sure, you can abort the buff when your health has been restored or the critical situation is over (run into healers' range again after being kicked etc). But actually such a situation hardly ever lasts for more than 5-10 seconds.
    The enhancement should rather reduce the stun time while the parry is still active.
    Have a look at the overpowered SK's 15 seconds invulnurability.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Dragoons Reflexes is a horrible abilty good Concept bad implementation. With certain classes being able to rip aggro off you if you are stunned, disarmed, or stifle for more then 4-5 sec it is pretty much worthless. We get stifled for 20 sec.... So we arnt getting hit so there goes all our reactives and mythical dmg return. We cant use abilities to maintain aggro, but hey guess what we can work around the horribly implemented abilty by canceling it which is no solution.
    What is the point of having 20 sec of Melee invuribilty if the dps or healer is going to pull aggro off you in 5 sec.
    If you cant maintain aggro then you are worthless as a tank, therefore any ability that criples your abilty to maintain aggro is useless. This must be a pvp abiliy >. >.
    Fail Sauce.
  6. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

I've never used Dragoon's Reflexes because I'm a Berserker, but if you did ... wouldn't you announce that you were using it? Doesn't seem that outlandish to me.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    Yep, in the past when I used it, I had a macro setup to tell the raid that it was firing off and to chill out on the DPS for a few seconds. It gives the healers a little slack knowing that you're not gonna die instantly and it lets the DPS know that if they pull aggro in the next X seconds, it's their fault. :)
    And technically, Dragoon's Reflexes isn't a stun or stifle, it's just got a long recovery time. The Int endline helps immensely with reducing your recovery timer though so you're only recovering for a few seconds and not for the entire duration of the ability.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

If your dps is having to hold back, which they normally dont and die, then you are still not an effective tank when other classes have the same ability without the side effects. Half the people out there dont even pay attention to Raid Chat Messages. That doesnt even take into account how useless that whole line is for a berserker up until that ability.
    They changed it is seem to now there is no recovery but it dispells when you use a combat art that deals damage. So you can use taunts to bad all most all of your aggro generating tools have damage on them, but it gives you options.
  9. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Dragoons Reflexes would be fine if the enhancement would remove the stun component as I stated above or if it had a component that makes all enemies currently being aggro on you, stay locked on you while you are stunned... mkay then you would have the problem that you would 'wake up' with 70% on the aggrometer and the mobs would switch target when their forced target lock expires.
    Zhon@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Our two great taunts. How much aggro are they responsible for during a fight? 3% ?
    This is as useless as before. It does not matter if you cancel the ability to be able to cast again or if it cancels automatically when you cast.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Zhon@Lucan DLere wrote:
    If they don't listen and die, no worries. If they don't listen and wipe the raid, they're labelled as someone who can't follow directions and they're added to the unofficial probation list for raiding. (and DPS are generally easiest to replace)
    Zhon@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Nope, I'm tanking just fine. I can't do much when I'm recovering. Why am I recovering? Because the healers couldn't keep me up. Which healer(s) is slacking?
    Zhon@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Those are the half that would be replaced on future raids at the earliest convenience. When I was MTing, part of the training for effective raiding included a rundown of messages that I would provide during raids and what they mean for the raid force.
    Zhon@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Yep, I used it when I was a guardian and even then only for certain zones. I don't screw with it anymore. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-scrible Guest

thank you sooooo much for this post it has been a huge help thanks again scrib
  12. ARCHIVED-kojuro Guest

Just finished the myth quest on The Bazaar - got server disco for the weapon
    Some information:
    1) You do not have to be 90 to get this quest done. Its basically 2 parts: the first half is solable, the second half takes you though the 90+ instances to get updates. You do have to be 85 to get into the final Vasty Deep zone. I finished that zone when I was the high member at 88 and my healers were at 86. It was very difficult, but obviously doable.
    2) Your myth gets changed into a usable weapon called Envervated Dragon's Temper. I would post a picture, but I am too stupid to figure out how do do it. Its stats are: +64str, +64sta, +22wis, +300 health, +285 power, +8 slashing, +10 defense, 5% block chance, 8% crit chance, axe, main hand slashing, damage 54-308 (120.9 rating), delay 3.0 sec, weight 4.0, level 80
    2) You get two new CAs as follows:
    Whirlwind
    Grandmaster, casting/recovery/recast: instant, duration: until canceled, level 80
    Effects:
    Reduces physical damage done to caster by 5%
    Caster has a 100.0% chance of having their primary weapon's autoattack affect multiple targets they are facing, who are within melee range.
    Wall of Hatred
    Grandmaster, Power 122, casting 1.0 sec, recast 3.0 sec, duration: until cancelled, level 80
    Effects:
    25% of the damange done to the berserker will be added back to the attacker as additional hate
    Adds a hate position to the initial taunt portion of Insolence
    On a sucessful melee attach this spell has a chance to cast Enrage on target of attack. Lasts for 12.0 seconds. This effect will trigger an average of 2.4 times per minute. If a melee attack is used, only the primary weapon can trigger this effect.
    Increases Crit Chance of caster by 15
    Inflicts 640-959 heat damage on target encounter
    Caster will Double Attack on 10.0% of attacks
    This spell can not be modified except by direct means
    This spell can not be modified except by direct means

Good Luck!
  13. ARCHIVED-Skovmus Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    used to have a macro state something like STOP DPS please- AM STUNNED, that didnt use only for that ability. but you really think DPSers would stop? :p didnt have that ability/line over all for long