Berserker AA guidance - for leveling and solo.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Ginnsu, May 2, 2016.

1. Ginnsu New Member

Since I've come back I have a bad case of altitis. I've been trying to find some solid guides/advice on Berserkers, but most of it seems to be a bit dated. I found this:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/need-a-good-bezerker-aa-blueprint.3448/

But some of the feedback implied it was off the mark. I'm looking for a solid solo/leveling spec, as frog is only lvl 21- I've just used the default solo template but I've found these profoundly lacking in other classes so I assume its the same for these guys.

Would it be fair to assume I should be frontloading DPS into the spec first, then working on the rest afterwards?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Guurzak Active Member

Are you solo/molo questing to level, or doing agnostics or other groups? If the former, go DPS all the way; if the latter, well, spec tank if your group expects you to tank, which they probably do.
  3. Dedith Well-Known Member

To be honest, if you spec for tanking you can dps very well for solo content with offensive stance enabled in a tanking spec
  4. Ginnsu New Member

Well mostly solo/molo for now - I'm just relearning the game, so no need to impose my newbness on others for now lol.

Does anyone have a solid template I could use? There are over 2500 350 AA lvl 100 berserkers listed over on the site, so I have no idea who to emulate, or if their spec is work running as I level.
  5. Guurzak Active Member

That quote's from over 3 years ago but still basically true. Put points in the obvious abilities like Dragon Spin and then click buttons that look like they're relevant to the way you're playing the game. You're not going to mess it up. (And you can change it whenever you want anyway.)

Make sure you max out Ancient Advance from the Dragon tree sooner rather than later- standard advice for all fighters, and not obvious if you're filling the tabs in from left to right.
  6. Dedith Well-Known Member

7. Uzmark New Member

InToTthe shield was wornonlyonepicand lastname in theChosen
    InLU100in solowithout a shield, heroic nameswithout the shieldhard,hadto reviseAA
    Carrytwo sets - without a shieldto miti/dps, with a shieldforthe blockchance/miti