beaten by a random number generator

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tanktop, Jul 9, 2014.

1. GIndotto Well-Known Member

I would agree if not for the 5 thousand swords of scorching and hammer's of fuga or w\e floating on AB. If the rate decreased as they dropped this wouldn't pan out, I would think.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Being the highest population server with no shortage of farmers would definitely help defer any possible system of diminishing returns just as long the minimum drop rate isn't zero or close to it. Dropping at a high rate at first then settling at a lower one later doesn't prevent those first ones from still floating around since they can be unattuned/traded.
  3. GIndotto Well-Known Member

They're still dropping like hot cakes, but there's never a shortage of PUGs so I can see the rate changing but the server pop countering anyone noticing the drop in rate. The whole system is unclear to me at this point. Obviously they can set a % drop rate but how much more control do they have over it? Can they skew the results over time or is it just 1 set number they would have to manually change on a hot fix? I'm hesitant to just jump on board the "Fix RNG" wagon, if it's just a set number when they add stuff in, all of this discussion is just wild crackpot theories fringing off our bad luck lol. I'd like to know a bit more about the system, maybe there's more too it than we know. Maybe there's far less and this is all just as it should be - random.
  4. Sure Active Member

I am more annoyed with the sparkling gems, I want those to be trade able/broker able instead of heirloom. Personally I have bad luck with the RNG, my friend who plays super erratically has not only gotten multiple ethereal they even got an Artifact, I've had one ethereal the whole expac, the result is, it actually starting to feel like the game is picking on me, reading my mind knowing what I want and denying me, while giving everything to everyone else who, plays a lot less.

I really don't see the logic in having 2500 tokens = 1 sparkle gem, 2500 tokens is more than enough to fully potent gem 7 slots of armor AND put the correct purple gems in the armor. If someone told me that you can put two mutagenic gems from LABS into each Dreadlord piece and get the same result I would be happy at this point because getting 10 to 20k plat to just buy those is easier more fun at this point than dealing with... oh look another pointless run... I am pretty close to working on my 7th fully potent gemed/adorned character and have yet to fully dreadlord + sparkle + muta up on character... if that is intended, then yeah what ever, just take this msg home devs/producers/managers/marketers or who ever gets the final say in these things.

The way it is now, is not fun, it is not satisfying and its making me want to move on to another game to get my kicks and tricks. Just as an extra side note, I've quit a number Korean MMO grind fest games before, they usually last couple months maybe three before I just throw in the towel and say no way, this token system is getting pretty damn close to the grind in those games. I'd rather have new zones to do than grind the same three or four for twelve months at a time. So next expac, cut it back a bit and put in multiple ways to achieve the same things. It is better if everyone is together on gear rather stratified due to luck/time sort of gating mechanics.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a story than a token grind.