Info Needed Beastlord Feral Primals did not upgrade dmg multiplier 126-130 Level

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Keeys, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Tanithelas Member

Been happening for long time. Thanks for digging up the most recent examples Corran. Hopefully they get this patched and fixed soon.
    Sadus and Corran like this.
  2. Dezum Member

This would be the perfect opportunity to correct a problem with the first slot primal. Shadow Leap should do more damage than Claw of Khati Sha given that all other positional primals do more damage than the non-positional primals. I:E Sonic Screech doing more damage than Luclin's Pain, Silent Talon doing more damage than Truespirit Venom. Although Feral Rending is not a primal, it still follows the same consistency that it does more damage than Flurry of Claws.
    Perciful likes this.
  3. Miaga Member

Are there any updates on this @Ratalhor? This has been an issue for BL for approaching 2 months now, every other class has had the ability to upgrade their spells however the BL primals/advantages have not been upgraded in line with the level increase.
    Ash_AB likes this.
  4. Reshi Member

I think they should turn primal and stuff into spells/ca etc.and they should follow the same rules so the dev won't forget about them for next expansion!
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

That'd be a bigger nerf than forgetting to upgrade it for a tier. lol
    Reshi and Twyla like this.
  6. Ash_AB New Member

Has this been acknowledged since the information was provided? Can we expect them to be upgraded for Ballads of Zimara?

Thank you.
  7. Reshi Member

Well there is price for everything in life :p Everyone has to open up their wallet at the start of the game but for some reason BL don't have too...
  8. Keeys Member

The priced has been paid time and time again by Channelers and Beastlords. It is called we " can't betray " to any other class when ours is broken. We can not go from Ranger too Assassin we stay stuck so do not come at us stating we don't pay a penalty eternally unlike your class I am sure since by your statement you have no idea what we do pay for at all. Ever level a Warder? yeah .... exactly
    Juraiya and Twyla like this.
  9. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Oh hell no!
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Corran Member

Can we ask exactly what is the hold up here please ? its been 2 months with still no fix. Its very a very straightforward and clear to see issue.. Our entire damage comes from ability's that should have been but haven't been upscaled and this is seriously frustrating. Last time in VoV (and previously) this was acknowledged and resolved in a matter of days so why is this taken months this time around its the same issue.
    Twyla and Perciful like this.
  11. Perciful Active Member

The "Info Needed" status has not updated since the 9 Jan Dev Posting. Are we stuck in a process queue of some sort?
  12. Tanithelas Member

So what the heck is going on with this dead in the water thread? This is ridiculous and again shameful no response no notation this was even tested or considered again after evidence was provided of the issue. This is some non sense
  13. Caith Developer

Beastlord abilities, including Primals, increased the the expected amount in Ballads of Zimara.

For example without any potency, crit bonus, etc, Ball of Fire X (level 124) deals 10,321 damage minimum to a maximum of 19,167, for an average of 14,744.
    Ball of Fire XI (level 129) deals 12,578 to 23,358 for an average of 17,968, for an increase in 1.218%

Claw of Khati Sha at level 124 deals 40,604 to 44,878, for an average of 42,741
    Claw of Khati Sha at level 129 deals 41,914 to 57,379, for an average of 54,646.5, for an increase in 1.278%

Keep in mind the base tier of a class ability can be modified by spell quality, so a Celestial tier Ball of Fire does more then the above base, which is apprentice. But the level increase percentage is the exact same.

For example, a Celestial Ball of Fire would be
    X (level 124) 23737 to 44080 for an average of 33908.5
    XI (level 129) 28927 to 53720 for an average of 41323.5
    Still an increase of 1.218%
    Smashey and Twyla like this.
  14. Corran Member

How were they increased when you added no modifiers to them .. they simply increased a TINY amount due to stat changes not spell / tier changes every other class got new CA's we did not so your saying that no other class CA damage got increased at all ? get a max gear toon , examine the prev tier spell vs the new tier for EVERY spell ... also how is an avg going from 14,744 to 17,968 an increase of 1.218% ? surely you mean 17% ..... also BoF is every 5 seconds not 30 seconds like claw AND doesnt need savage so how long was the testing average over ...

assassin ambush for example went from 1.4 trill to 2.7 trill .. is that a 1.2% increase ? same for eviscerate XII to XI from 3tril to 4 ...

primal and advantages also don't have a "spell quality" they are stuck on the same version so should be deemed as celestial. for example claw of khati sha is level "20" ..so hit bonus/resist checks/combat mit do these not factor in ? not to mention claw needs to have savagery to cast. Check your logs you can see from the raw stats.
    Juraiya, Tanithelas, Ash_AB and 3 others like this.
  15. Sadus Member

and how do you take the spell quality of other classes into account for the Beastlord?
    Tanithelas likes this.
  16. Primitive Member

Thank you, Caith, for the update. I understand that developers are under time constraints. Comparing Beastlord (BL) to non-scout DPS classes is flawed. The comparison should have been made with Ranger and Assassin classes instead. Personally, I have two equally geared characters, an Assassin and a Beastlord. In raids and heroics, my Assassin consistently achieves twice the DPS of my Beastlord. Additionally, my Beastlord outperforms all mage DPS classes. Both the Beastlord and Ranger classes require adjustments to reach the level of effectiveness seen in Assassins. Furthermore, tier 1 mages could benefit from a significant boost.

I understand and its important to note that requesting adjustments for classes performing well should be approached cautiously, as it can affect content mechanics that may require adjustment as a result. In-game, there are two types of players: those fiercely loyal to their class, willing to play entire expansions despite being uncompetitive, and those who simply switch to the top parsing class.

The latter approach, where players switch to the top parsing class, tends to generate more revenue for Darkpaw, while the former approach risks losing money, as loyal players may quit or take breaks. As someone who belongs to the former category, Darkpaw stands to profit more, as I will now simply play two Assassins.
    Tanithelas, Keeys, Sadus and 2 others like this.
  17. Sadus Member

Is this now the official opinion that everything is fine and no adjustment is necessary? I'm of a different opinion. But at least I'll know where I stand and then I'll have to think about how to deal with it, which would probably mean playing something else.
    Juraiya and Tanithelas like this.
  18. Ash_AB New Member

I agree, a dev answer to Corrans reply would be appreciated. If the same has happened in previous xpacs which was eventually fixed, why not in BoZ?
    Tanithelas likes this.
  19. Tanithelas Member

agreed. Saying we did nothing and nothing is needed this time around because....stats made it go up is sufficient? did it increase the same percentage from 125 expert to 130 expert levels? Don't think so. Just because the numbers went up some doesn't mean it went up proportional to all the other combat arts and spells. Definitive answer of closed we don't care about your demographic would be useful for everyone involved. Thanks
    Juraiya and Ash_AB like this.
  20. Ejiju Member

So far, the only one who's actually posted numbers is Caith. Unfortunately, I don't have screenshots of my tooltips at 125 and again at 130 (with identical stats), but there are lots of reasons why the tooltip may not show a major damage increase, the most notable being the loss of the blue weapon runes, Den CM runes, Monolith and other good greens from RoR. Caith didn't say stats made it go up sufficiently, he said the base damage on the ability increased by 27.8%. Right or wrong, it's not something we can measure as a player without actually leveling a BL from 125 to 130 and comparing CA damage with no other changes.
    Twyla likes this.