Battleground startagies.

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-goryfis, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-gelinx Guest

If you're a coercer, make sure you grab "Coercive Shout". It works wonders regardless of what type of map you're playing on. For example, if you're defending in Klak, and you see the group heading into the hallway, have the tank run up, smack someone, then throw Coercive Shout on him. For 5 seconds, not only is he parrying/riposting everything, but they can't change targets for the time being. Combine this with "Peace of Mind" and "Intellectual Remedy" and put a huge burn on the group. Works extremely well when paired with a group stun, followed by the group daze, and a stifle on the healer.
    It's also nice to pair up with a brawler or crusader in Ganak, meet up by the aquaducts, and coordinate an act of desperation in grabbing the flag. Give a count, jump in, pop AE fear, followed by a group mez, and hope that your buddy grabs the flag and gets the hell out of there before you are unwillingly taught a lesson (don't forget your pants!).
  2. ARCHIVED-gelinx Guest

One other thing I forgot to mention in the previous post. Understand healers, that if you're not a Druid, you are gonna be at a fair disadvantage until 90, where the majority of the +Casting speed items are at (there are a few pieces from The Hole faction merchants, but you'll have to get a feel for how much toughness you're willing to sacrifice). To remedy this, there are 5 adornments you can get (level 77) that are legendary and that increase your casting speed by about 3.8% (Legendary) to 4.6% (Fabled). This equates to:
    23% increased casting speed with 5 fabled adornments
    OR
    19% increased casting speed with 5 legendary adornments
    As you may notice, the 4% seems sort of trivial compared to how much it would actually cost to accumulate all the mana's necessary to make the adornments. Truth of the matter is that of the Priests, Shaman's and Clerics' fate are dependent on a good fighter, which with them seeming to be a dime a dozen, and even less so cooperative, you're gonna have one hell of a challenge. =)
    Be sure to use the fear if you're a Defiler often to buy you some precious seconds (the single target fear last 8.2 seconds last time I checked, though I'll have to check to see the duration of the AE detaunt/fear). If you're the only healer, in which most often that will be the case (some outliers have occured where I've been grouped with 2 other healers not including myself.... fun!), it's noteworthy to make sure you go for maxing out the group ward and single target heal in the SF tree (knocks 1 second off each of the casts, essentially makes the large single target heal the same cast time as the small heal) as well as the group heal in the Defiler part of the TSO tree.
    Tendrils should more often than not be casted on yourself, because it is nearly impossible to keep players off you unless you have two coordinated tanks. Most often I play on the defense, and stand over a base or the flag and cast Defile, and spiritual circle on incoming. Maelstrom combined with the mythical click on our weapon also works wonders, and the small ward from curing from the SF tree has it's uses too.
  3. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Running speed - Use Totem of the Sabertooth and Bogstrutters Walking Stick from TSO. Also invest in Shadows run speed AA. My zerker is at 75% or more plus I am fae so additional runspeed and I have the Windrunner or whatever it's called hotbarred for that 100% push to get my flag back. Yup.... my flag. You all are just in support of my BG addiction!
  4. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

hey, i know why center can be important in a den, but why the he double hockey sticks do people sit and try to contest the center in GEARS?!?!? fight the freaking relic, don't just stand in the center mezzanine doing mini battles with NOOOO MEEEEAAAANNNING
  5. ARCHIVED-Kravennite Guest

Seem to be forgetting the new x2 strat, make a fae grab the flag and jump into unreachable positions Above your own base. Works best for classes with a knock back "just in case" someone on the other team happens to either be a fae or have the tools to jump up there to you then you can knock them down before they can even "see" their target. Now you can stop at certain spots on the way up by why? Apparently there is a way to get on the very very top of the base effectively putting you out of range for ranged attacks and spells.
    For an example see 9 out of 10 lvl 30 BGs.
  6. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Don't forget the new Gears strategy: Sit n click on the relic spawn location. It really needs multiple spawn locations now.
    By the way, if this post is going to be stickied (which doesn't seem useful in any way shape or form tbh) would it be too much to ask to get the spelling of the title corrected?
  7. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

I actually think the fact that the title is mispelled and it's sticked not to mention contains no really valid strat other than "Moar stacking then moar zerging with moar powah! "is much more fitting.
  8. ARCHIVED-Madduck Guest

I ran battlegrounds for the first time last night. (39 Templar)

I must say I had heaps of fun , even though I seemed to only get in the 6v6.

A few notes, that you kind people might comment on for me?

1. I did nothing but heal when we had the relic and heal/debuff when they had it..until I ran out of power, so I grabbed the relic to die ( after holding it as long as possible and trying to not die of course ) Is there a better way to die then this? (we won 3/4 runs so I don't think it hurt at least)
    2. When the leader boards came up ( which dissapeared to fast for me to totally grasp) I noticed that I had basically no attack points, and only about 22-25k healing points, where as the SK had something over 65k healing points with lots of kill points , and the Warden had high 40-50k healing points on top of their massive kill points... so Is this just the way the templar healing works in BG or am I even worse then I presume I am ?
    3. Does the ladder matter? I'm there for fun and tokens, but also don't want to hurt others gameplay or experience...
  9. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

[IMG]

Yeah, you guys see those? You want it and you want its upgrades. You want it now. Now, stop reading and buy some!
  10. ARCHIVED-goryfis Guest

Cappadon@Nagafen wrote:
    yeah not on PvE servers.
  11. ARCHIVED-Markisaid Guest

I dont know that a "strat" for any zone other than Den is needed. Klak has become a hyper paced slaughter in the middle since the relic drop timer was changed to instant and the better set up group and players always win ( but I have been in some really good close knockdown drag out brawls in there, fun! ).
    Ganak is really about getting a solid core to defend, everybody wants to run,kill,run,kill then run some more ... DEFENSE wins championships people figure it out ( but the glory goes to the most kills highest damage/heals etc. not the most flag stealers snarred until they could be brought down, so the lack of def can be chalked up to a lack of understanding the need for solid defense period IDK ). Send a good tank and a good healer or a good bard , two tanks , two healers , one good brawler who knows how to play their class , there are a lot of combos you can send, where as the combinations just listed cannot defend against a swarm of 5-6, 8-9 incoming, period.
    Now the Den, I would like to mention, the name of the game is territory "HOLD", not "territory get and run off". You can win if you hold CENTER tower and Skull OR LAVA as these have the highest point value. Hold these two and you win. Since holding these towers will give you kill points as they funnel in trying to take these towers back. The problem is getting 24 people, who do not know eachother ( most of the time ) to work as a unit is almost impossible. That is why the pre made groups win more, it isnt rocket science.
    Nothing against premade groups but it doesnt make you stand out when your tank always brings his personal healer. I fly solo ALWAYS and still have over 30,000 kills in BG.
    I cannot wait until the BG only stat sheets come out, some who play on pvp servers maybe shouldnt, and some who dont should , just telling the truth ( and you know what they say about the truth ).
  12. ARCHIVED-souldnce9 Guest

People listening in on voice in order to collaborate and plan a strategy can help increase the teams chance of winning. I prefer to leave my voice up so that I can hear what is being planned. However, many of us have children playing or in the same room with our speakers on, or we do not like to hear a teammate insulting us or cursing on the channel. We will turn voice off. Respect for your team is good strategy. If you want us to hear what you say, make it worth hearing.
  13. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Bluewarden@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    this is wrong.

can someone please update this so people stop playing this game missinformed?
  14. ARCHIVED-kukiake Guest

What the hell are startagies?
  15. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

Best strat for all matches.

All you need is
    Zerker, Templar, Defiler, Illusionist, Warlock Warlock
    Or
    Defiler, Templar, Warlock, Warlock, Warlock Warlock

WHOOPS holy necro post batman lol.