Battleground startagies.

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-goryfis, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-goryfis Guest

ok i know that there is a different idea for every zone and instance and multiple ways to win instead of fail. this is a thread that i thought i would start so that those ideas can come together and the game play for BG becaome more intense and interesting.

Instead of burning one idea and labeling it for fail just post your own stratergy so that everyone can see whether or not you would know what you are talking about.
    Also if you have a stratergy that counter acts a posted one please post what it is.
  2. ARCHIVED-goryfis Guest

there are several tricks of the trade for each BG and tools you need. RUN SPEED is a MUST! grab a load of totems of the sabertooth before you go in. 30 minute duration should last you one round. two if your fast about it. spring loaded boots and feather fall will greatly tip the scales in your favor. DO NOT GO OUT ON YOUR OWN!!!! stay with your grp. if you guys are filling the ranks before you go in you will be able to put the classes together that will work together. even though the stats on the 80-89 PVP mastercrafted do not look that good at first glance i can say that they make all the difference sometimes. look into getting you nuke casters in as much MC as they can. here is a simple lay out for each BG.

Smuggler's Den:
    -24 vs 24
    -Capture the territory
    -there are 4 towers along the outside. these give about 20 points per tick each. the one center tower gives about 45 points per tick. to the right of each team base (where you start the round) there is a disk that you can click on and fly over half the map headed to the left.
    -1500 score cap
    STRAT- send a hard mit and crit grp on the disk. when it flies over the center tower jump off and fight for the high ground. controlling the center tower means win over lose 75% of the time. 1 1/12 grps should be able to handle this no problem if it is the first thing they do. take another grp and send them clock wise around the map to take towers. another grp can do the same but counter clock wise. that 1/2 grp left send up to the opponents base to spawn kill. after you take all towers it is the only place they can spawn. you'll need high and fast dps for this. OR that 1/2 grp needs to be able to take a hit or 500 hits and when you see on you map a tower taken by the enemy you send your meat shield to intercept. OR that 1/2 grp can all have the spring boots and feather fall and high dps so that they can jump from center tower (assuming you have it) and provide air support like parra troopers. which ever tower grabbing grp is closest will then come support. once you take a tower and make it your color LEAVE IT TO MOVE ON TO THE NEXT. if the other team has the center tower and you can not take it from them take all four outside towers and hold it there. it is easy to win with the center and one outside tower. thought you CAN NOT WIN WITH JUST CENTER TOWER. remember that you get points not only for taking a tower but defending it too. KILLS COUNT!!!

Battlefield of Ganak:
    -12 vs 12
    -Capture the flag
    -There are two bases on either side of map with a flag in the back. the bases are mirrors of the other. you can enter by 3 ways. front on the ground, front up top, sides up top by water way. you must have your flag at base when returning enemy flag or no point. each flag captured is about 120 points.
    -500 score cap
    STRAT-This is a two grp deal. one grp needs speed and survivability, the other needs massive dps and stuns/interupts. simple after that. get a good tank with aoe taunt. this toon will run into enemy base and taunt everyone near the flag. while everyone is targeting the tank you have your fastest player nab the flag and run throught the front gound floor door. this breaks line of sight easiely. on long range dps should be in that door way to prevent immediate pursuit. the other 3 members of the offensive force in your raid should be ready to run and hit for they will be the guard of the flag carrier. you can win by having everyone at you base and playing defense. like with smuggler's den kills count. just by killing your opponents in your base and preventing them from takng your flag you will rake up the points. but for that to work NOONE can go offensive. with the split grps plan the grp with stuns and fast high DPS will of course be on defence. WATCH THE WATER WAYS COMING IN YOUR BASE!! they seem to be a favorite for entry.

Gears of Klak'Anon:
    -6 vs 6
    -Hold the Relic
    -very small zone but with plenty of things to break line of sight. learn to use that. the relic starts in the middle. you get about 3 points per second for holding the relic so most points will come from killing while your team has relic. no points for killing if you do not have relic. the relice will deal the hold damage and hits harder and harder the longer it is held. nothing can stop this.
    -700 score cap
    STRAT- really simple. stay in the halls close to your spawn point and have a healer healing the token holder. everyone protect and play your classes as you do. STICK TOGETHER. many have fail because they split the grp up or run off without waiting for everyone else to spawn. if you get the cange though have a very long range nuker at either end on the hall so that you can prevent the other team from rushing as a whole. if your grp turns out to be strong enough go ahead and hang out at the top of the ramps right below your enemies spawn point and kill them as they come down. this will confuse and demorilize them and make a win for you.

Tanks- taunt to stop you from targeting the dps and healers
    Healers- makes you think your spells are missing
    DPS- Kills from around the corner before you even know it.
    Utility- makes you think there is something wrong with your toon.
  3. ARCHIVED-Taldier Guest

Battlefield of Ganak:
    Uber strat:
    Assign 11 people to defend the flag and all entrances to the flag room. Send awesome cool bruiser to get enemy flag. Profit. (note: if bruiser fails he was not awesome and cool enough)
    Alternative:
    Charge entire raid across the zone in a coordinated group. Kill the spread out enemies as they attempt to implement some kind of intelligent coordinated strat. Have well geared crusader pick up the flag while the rest of the raid runs to the enemy spawn point. Continue spawn camping the enemy until the match times out for lulz.
  4. ARCHIVED-goryfis Guest

Taldier@Venekor wrote:
    for the alternative strat posted:
    when the offencive force leaves the base and see's a flood of enemy headed thier way let the raid know of the magnitude of the incoming force and everyone gets on defence. i usually get someone with high grafics to stand at the front of the base on the second floor to evaluate the threat. i have been against those who bring the full raid down upon me and LOVE IT. we rack up the points for killing them in our base for defence and with one fast sucker in your empty base picking up your flag without any threats...... this has proven to be one of the fastest matches for ganak i have been apart of. then again it has gone the way the you plan and it still becomes a fast match. lol
  5. ARCHIVED-drymacaroni Guest

STRAT FOR ALL:
    PvP servers- make premade groups accordingly (x1, x2, x4)
    PvE servers- hope you steal a stop from a PvP character in his group who has connection issues and doesn't make it into BG

If this fails and you go in by yourself yell random orders and point fingers at everyone else while running into groups solo.
  6. ARCHIVED-goryfis Guest

Shankapotomus@Nagafen wrote:
    ok i know that others might want to flame this because it is not really a strat but he does make a point. the best strat is to go into BG prepared. but even PvE players can own PvP if they set up before going in. i am starting to think that there really is no difference between PvP players and PvP players. they die just the same. it's the organized effort that makes it or breaks it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gefallenegel Guest

Gears of Klak'Anon
    For starters... I have no clue why some groups insist the healer hold the relic. The healer is/should be the first target out of the group to kill, or at the least the 2nd or 3rd if theres squishies that you can take down fast.
    This strat should be thrown out the window for many of you who follow this, unless you get into a group with 3 healers.
  8. ARCHIVED-drymacaroni Guest

Skylissa@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This is true, the relic should be held by the fighters. When they start taking high damage spikes and the cost is clear, let them die off and move to another fighter (scout should be next if no fighter and stick close to the healer). The only way the healer should take the orb if, there is more than one healer (given preferrably the the plate healer) or the only other person to pick up the orb is a mage.
    And Smedley is right, I've run into a good deal of good PvEs. But people need to understand everyone can't be the big dog in a PUG. Make suggestions, not commands from people you are not acustomed with.
  9. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

Goryfis@Mistmoore wrote:
    there is no "Strat" for klack other then start with a decent grp, stay together, zerg. Klack is determined almost entirely by grp makeup there is simply no strat that will allow an inferior opponent to overcome superior force in Klack. Its a poorly designed zone that should be reworked with an eye to giving more places to hide the relic and setup ambushes.
    the capture the flag one is similar in that it requires start with decent grps, have someone fast grab the flag and run. For an added twist try to grab your own flag and move it to a place that is geographically difficult, if not impossible for the other side to go to. And dont forget to stay together and zerg.
    Really only the tower game requires real thought - grab the middle tower, hold it with a grp, have the rest of your grps stay together and run around in a circle trying to get the other towers. Granted its not deep thinking but at least its a big enough zone for people to run around in. Of course, they do run around in a circle like a puppy chasing its tail, but hey at least its some sort of cognitive activity.
  10. ARCHIVED-goryfis Guest

Armironhead@Vox wrote:
    if you play klak and ganak enough times (i am not saying that you are not this way) you will start to see a trend of what everyone does. the last klak i did (about 10 minutes ago) was a pug and we had 2 sk, a zerk, a lock and 2 wizzies. no healer no hope right? there is no way i would normally set a grp up like this. yet we won because everyone did the same thing. grab the relic, head for hall below spawn, kill all who come near. oh and guess what. the enemy were nonguilded PvP's from the same server. hmm. usually a case where ppl give up. but we kept at it and got three tokens. there is strat for every situation you are in for eq2. even if it is just a simple one. those who look at the grp before we even start and say "oh there is no healer or no tank or 4 of one class, there is no hope" and give up, well everyone feels the same about those who do not even try.
  11. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

Goryfis@Mistmoore wrote:
    you dont say what classes the other folk were but the reality of eq2 pvp is that you won not because of the leet strat of grabbing the relic and hiding in the hall (and yes this "strat" known to anyone who has ever played the zone even once) but because of two things one you had better classes/gear then the other team and you stuck together. Classes/gear rule in eq2 pvp, and the situation has been made much worse since the recent stat nge. There is simply no way an inferior force can beat a superior force in klack unless the superior force ***** itself by fighting piecemeal.
  12. ARCHIVED-Muraazi Guest

I'm betting it was more about having 3 Sorcs in the same group heh. No need for a healer when they mitigate more than tanks and 1 shot everyone...
  13. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

Muraazi wrote:
    /shh got to be quite -- dont want everybody to know that leet strat of bringing a stacked grp to a bg.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sambone Guest

on a side note...strategies is spelled strategies..not startagies.
  15. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

The reason the healers hold the relic is becuase they are more effective at holding it. A fighter holding the relic and standing out front is causing un neccesary damage and wasted heals. A fighter standing in the back is useless. Klak is all about capturing the relic and dealing massive burst damage.
    This grp typically owns:
    Fury - fast runner grabs relic gets back to base b4 opposing team even sees it is gone.
    Warden - grp heals picks up relic nect.
    Necro - jumps down to base point casts elemental toxicity right as first wave of enemy force comes in. Melts enemies faces turbo charged with ET. Pet harrasses from a distance.
    Warlock - need I say more: Melts ememies faces.
    Conjy - casts elemental toxicity as second wave comes in. Melts enemies faces. Pet harrasses from a distance.
    Ranger or other caster - melts enemies faces targets from range to cause further morale issues. This spot is usually for anyother guildie on troub or other dps prefered. Usually it is a illy sometimes it is a mystic.
    ****Most grps facing a double wave of ET on their first 2 rushes seem to become very frustrated and coordination breaks down.
  16. ARCHIVED-EverRude Guest

Too often in Smugglers I hear the order to attack center when our team is
    way ahead. If the other team wants to sit on center while we own the
    other 4 towers I say let them. Pulling resourses to throw bodies at the
    center and away from tower caps is crazy especially when done in a
    haphazard fashion.

Watched this happen one time. We were ahead by 150 and climbing. The "
    leaders" started saying to attack center. People attacked in groups of 2 or
    3 sometimes solo.

The leaders kept saying to we had to take center. We lost what
    organization there was. People got scattered. We lost the match by over
    200 points.

Yes taking center is great. Icing on the cake in some situations tho. With
    the PUGs we often run with you win however you can. Over doing it trying to
    push to far with little real control what the groups do is a bad call.

Now ofcourse I've seen it work to. The leaders call for everyone to meet at the pad and wait for countdown before clicking. Now you would really only want 2 groups but calling for specific groups can result in almost noone showing up. If people listen it's a very effective maneuver. But it's risky if all you end up doing is is stringing the groups out for no effect.
  17. ARCHIVED-kukiake Guest

I don't understand why people insist on a fighter to hold the relic in Gears. IMO it is a stupid strat because the fighter is the one that needs to taunt the enemies in order to let the dpsers dps and the healers heal. If the enemy fire is on fighter and his health keeps spiking down below 50% he will not be able to do his job well. On the other hand a mage dps or a healer who doesn't get any damage because of the taunts will be able to do his job easily while holding the relic.
  18. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Dorsan@Nagafen wrote:
    On top of the fact the damage of the relic is % based and typically a mage will have the least, thus being the easiest to heal through it.
  19. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    +1
    A healing a stacked fighter with 15k hp buffed sucks up a rediculous amount of heals.
    Healing anything but a well geared (high hp) fighter in most situations is typically easier, just need to have decent healing gear. There is a point where you can restore life fast enough that the only way someone will take out your relic holder is either killing the healer that is pushing the huge heals, or one shotting the holder. A decent fighter that knows what they're doing can make killing the healer hard enough for the other team that it becomes a non-issue.
    Had one gears match where I healed over 6 million on my own, and we won by 450 points just because the tank knew how to keep the enemies from targetting my healer long enough to kill him.

Improvising an effective counter strat based on the enemies group setup seems to work better than any cookie cutter strat I've seen tried. This of course means that you're playing with people that are not solely dedicated to winning and are afraid to die, it means you play with people that know what to do when the nukes are flying and they need to recover from dipping down to 10% hp, and that you need to have folks that are willing to take a risk on a logical plan.
    A nagafen fury nearly ruined our gears match the other night by complaining and making a fuss over our initial attempt at the relic not working, so I took a ranger, swashy, and monk and we killed the other team, I grabbed the relic on my warden, held it long enough to get caught up, and it was a pretty neck and neck battle after that. It was one of the most fun matches that I've had. We won by 18 points. Fury never stopped whining though; only part that was unfun. :/
  20. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

ReverendPaqo wrote:
    Wish the relic proc'ed reactives TBH, Hate running out of my 3 heals and the relic holder dying. Those are the times I wish I was a druid.