Battleground: Balance of Theer - now on a Beta Server near you!

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Caith, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Welp, Your corpse gets points for being on the white space so to win you just all go suicide into it.
    Angelic likes this.
  2. Corydonn Well-Known Member

For the rest of the my random feedback, Here goes. (( I don't think a deathmatch battleground will ever work in an MMO unless you are using Arena Champions or set stat avatars/ Are playing an FPS ))

1. Respawning in this zone sucks, You have one way in and if you have to jump onto a purple tile to get there... Well have fun without a port to enemy ability. You should atleast be able to jump to 3 tiles before picking your poison to respawn.

2. Enemies can hit you before you zone in before respawning. Good luck rebuffing/gathering yourself/resetting cooldowns.

3. Increased damage taken after 3 and 6 minutes... Well if there is anything people wanted from a deathmatch zone it would be even fights no? Not just taking turns killing each other if that.

4. No neutral tiles = The closest you get to that is green I guess
  3. Darksanity Member

Is SOE trolling us with this crap? This new BG is 100% complete garbage, the only thing about it that's good and makes sense and should be applied to the other BGs is the players losing points for hiding on the Spawn areas, that's the ONLY good thing about it.. Why cant you just give us what we want, what we have asked for for yours now.. That's a either tournament style BG where you fight winners of 1v1 matches till last man standing or 1v1/3v3/6v6 style BGs without any Relics or Flag crap just 100% pure pvp.. Take the d@mn house decorating person OFF the BG / PvP idea crew..
    Swamp likes this.
  4. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Edit to my original complaints. Apparently jumping on the red to start isn't a bad idea.
  5. Xray Active Member

is this zone working as intended?
  6. Xaiveir Active Member

20-30 second match times cant be right.
    No combat to speak of cant be right.

Essentially whoever gets to the white/yellow square first wins. Ive seen quite a few matches where it spawns immediately next to someones spawn point, and the match is over before the other team can get there. Right now its just a quick token farm. I have taken part in about 40 matches, and none of them were over 30 seconds in length.

The idea is there for a good BG match. Implementation still needs to be worked on.
  7. TS (Throat) Active Member

... box checked. PvP task done. Next!

Waitress? Check please.

- Six
  8. Trasor Active Member

If someone has one comment that is positive please come forward...
  9. Trasor Active Member

Just tried it out, match lasted 15 seconds.
  10. Schnooky Member

...have seen this and think it has lots of fun potential.
    They need to nerf the special tile points and have it ignore the corpses obviously.
    I see potential with this if they get it balanced say around a 10 min average match.
    Hopefully SOE dosent create a token milling machine with this, i want the grind mind numbingly hard, in the old school tradition of Eq2.
  11. Talathionwins Active Member

I agree with this implementation it will make tokens as fast as they always should have been. All matches should last about 10 seconds.
  12. kronich Member

pro work.
  13. Stike Member

OMG this was the funniest zone I every been in, everyone run to white, whoever gets there first wins. Dumb dumb dumb. whoever was the dev on this should be fired, this isn't even a game/match/challenge. Hell zone in might take longer for some people!!! FFS
    Swamp and TS (Throat) like this.
  14. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I am a total newb too battlegrounds. The only thing I can find to zone in anywhere is the wing statue, but it only takes me to the New Tunaria zone. What do I need to do to get to the Balance of Theer zone?
  15. harpars Member

Good that soe are giving students on work experience some time in their company, but why release this to us?

Surely no professional programmer could make this and think it ok to release?

20secs matches, longer waiting for the match to start than playing it, lol you couldnt make it up!
  16. Exur Well-Known Member

Hilarious! You can't even make this stuff up. Someone should make a case study on EQ2. It would be a smash hit and read for decades to come... in the comedy section of course.
  17. Lenolian Active Member

Default is Alt-Z as in PvE.
  18. Xaiveir Active Member

The non scoring corpses change is nice. The match is still waaaaaay to short, and way to dependent on where the initial spawn point is.

Imho the scoring needs to be increased to 150 at least to win the match. This would give multiple different positions for the tiles to appear, making it less dependent on run straight to the tile and stand and die. This has great potential as a map. It has the potential of being a battle ground where group makeup doesnt necessarily mean a win. But the match times are to short to do much of anything. There is little to no actual PvP going on.

Increasing the match time will also allow people chances at getting kills. Right now there will be quite a few people that will struggle getting kills on this for their quest. Once they win a match, they will not stick around to fulfill their kill quest.

There needs to be a PvP element in this BG for people to run it and not just use it to farm quick tokens. There needs to be time to actual use the other colored squares for something. There needs to be time to actual use a strategy other than race to the tile and win.
    Dethrayzin likes this.
  19. Dethrayzin Active Member

The potential for strategy is there. But you're right, there really isn't much time to do anything. I think it would help if they just slowed down the point gain on the white square to half, or make it 150 as you suggest. I like the short matches, but just a little longer would definitely make the match more interesting.
  20. Xaiveir Active Member

Also noticed a small bug that happened a couple of times. Some matches, my entire group (or the opposite group) started outside of their spawn area, on the map. They could move freely about every tile (i went all the way up to the other teams spawn point).