ATTENTION DEVS: What the HECK did you do to Vyemm!!!

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Daelomdel, Apr 30, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Daelomdel Guest

As the title of the post says - what the heck did you do to the Vyemm encoutner?!?!

It seems like every week the encounter is changed... without a single mention of it in the update notes!

Its now impossible to split Vyemm and Alzid Prime!

Both of them were hitting a maxxed mit 70 tank for 4-5k a swing!

Not to mention the ridiculous Alzid healing, Vyeem knockback, etc, etc, etc...

MANY posts have been made about this PROBLEM yet you continue to ignore it, and ninja change the encoutner!!!

For the love of Norath please fix this encounter and stop punishing those people who didn't get this Vyemm knocked out when he was trivial, and please start communicating about the changes you are making!
    Message Edited by Daelomdel on 05-01-2006 12:09 AM
    Message Edited by Daelomdel on 05-01-2006 12:14 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Israphil Guest

Yes you can; it's just quite difficult.
  3. ARCHIVED-Daelomdel Guest

I am sure there is some exploitish something or another that we did not try in order to split them....

But that doesn't change the fact that:

1. He has been made much more difficult.
    2. I shouldnt have to use exploits.
    3. There hasnt been one darn mention of ANY changes to the encoutner in the update notes.
    Message Edited by Daelomdel on 05-01-2006 12:16 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

Maxxed mit, eh? lol What do you consider Maxxed Mit? Cause our guy isn't maxxed at 6200 (and that isn't using temp buffs)
  5. ARCHIVED-hatefullintent Guest

We went into Labs the other day, got to Vyemm / Alzid np's and pulled him the same as the week before.
    Things didnt go as we expected, so we all revived ran back down & did 2 or 3 test pulls to see what was different.
    After 2 or 3 test pull we worked out what had been changed, stacked the MT then proceeded to
    lay the smack down on Vyemm good and proper, But got no chest for our efforts but that's neither here nor there :(
    As for it being impossible to split Vyemm and Alzid Prime, it can still be done if you feel like you need to, just gotta work out whats different.
    This is the 4th or 5th time we have done this encounter where there has been something that was not the same as the week before.

Message Edited by hatefullintent on 04-30-2006 10:33 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-zjustin2 Guest

... We just kill them both together now. Every week they changed the encounter to link them, every week people find new ways to split them. Take a hint its not suppose to be split. I'm pretty sure they charge together for a reason and assist each other for a reason, unless you do your "cleaver" splits.

Hopefully they can offically link these in the near future and just add 2 drops from vyemms loot table and 1 from primes and just give us 1 chest. No sense in constantly putting manpower into redoing this encounter to keep people from splitting them easily.

Jerob
    Eternal Chaos
    Befallen Server
  7. ARCHIVED-Daelomdel Guest

80% mit is maxed.

As I said before, YES I am sure there is some eploit type crap we could use to split the two mobs... thats not the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] point.

There ARE ways to dup plat and items, doesn't mean I should be using those... does it?

The fact is, someone pulls Vyemm and both Vyemm and Alzid comes towards the raid... not even the person who pulled em, yet they arnt even linked together?!?!? So [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]?!?!

And to be honest I could care less if your uber raiding guild laid the smack down on the encounter (though from what I hear the recent changes went in on Thursday.. w/o any mention in the update notes)... the encouter has been made much much more difficult and for what purpose? The devs or Blackguard or whomever is suppose to be taking care of this crap as missed the changes in every update note...
  8. ARCHIVED-Rei Guest

All this talk about exploits, why not just follow the script and fight them both at once? It's not impossible, reminds me of Venekor/Varanak in Spirits of the Lost.
    Also, i'm not surprised your tank is taking so much damage since you think your tank is at max miti just because hes at 80% vs a even-con solo mob. Hell, get 2 tanks and split it if 1 tank doesn't cut it.
  9. ARCHIVED-zjustin2 Guest

I know its frustrating if you haven't gotten your vyemm update for whichever quest you are on but it was suppose to come together from day 1, atleast that was my understanding. Just another example of sony and their elite response to issues. I'm sure if you try to tackle them together enough you will get it in time, but if you keep finding new ways to split the mobs you will likely spend 1-2 hours every week just trying to find out the new way to do it.

Jerob
    Eternal Chaos
    Befallen Server
  10. ARCHIVED-Feltrak Guest

80% mit is not maxed. Our guard is always above 7k, and I guarantee you that's not maxed against Vyemm.
    They definitely changed it a bit. They don't want you to split the two mobs. The script eludes to fighting them at the same time and killing Vyemm first. So try to do it that way. I agree with you that there should be mention in the patch notes about this.
    I also agree that they should be in the same encounter and drop one chest.
    We had trouble with this encounter when we did it tonight because Vyemm was burning energy vortex on the pull. We used the same pulling methods and locations, but he decided to energy vortex us 6 times (tried many different ways of pulling him.) Once we got him to NOT energy vortex, we took him down easy. I think both encounters got nerfed a good bit. Vyemm's hp was about 1.3 million while Alzid's was about 850k. That's right in line with other t7 bosses if you add their hp together. These are definitely meant to be fought together, and I'd love to see it programmed in so that they are completely unsplittable.
    A guild on our server was able to split them by using the old Harla Dar CotH exploit. They CotH'd to the zone in and got Alzid alone. That's crap imo, but I guess if the dev's want to have it as two separate encounters, they should know there will be found a work around.
    Just make it one encounter, I'd rather get 1 chest from a 2 mob encounter than 2 chests from killing both of these ***** alone.
  11. ARCHIVED-Shizzirri Guest

Killed Vyemm even with the stealth changes made this past week. Question is what changes will be made to him this next week cause we've killed him 4 times, with 4 different strats because the encounter was changed at least once each week. <3 sony
  12. ARCHIVED-Gertack_v2 Guest

Vyemm's HP was definitely much lower this time around. Our first kill way back was about a 4 minute fight but our kill previous to this weekend was a 7 minute fight. This weekend's fight I lagged through but it felt FAST, less than 4 minutes even.

And yes, it's possible to split them without CotH or using distance, or whatever. Though if they keep their HP where they are currently, you might consider it more hassle than it is worth if you don't have a method working.
  13. ARCHIVED-KrayzieKal Guest

Figure out how to fight them both at once and you'll never have to learn a new strat for them again. It's not hard, you just need good teamwork and coordination.
  14. ARCHIVED-hatefullintent Guest

I find it somewhat amusing that in your opening post you complain that you can't split Vyemm & Alzid Prim anymore
    Then in a later post you rage that you should be able to successfully do this encounter without using exploits...

psst...that was the socalled "exploit" (ie) - to split the encounter and tank it as if it was 2 raid mobs that are not linked.

~ Contradiction's and insults ftw! ~

Yes they changed this encounter yet again,
    Yes there was NO mention of it in the update notes,
    Like other people said Vyemms HP is nowhere near what it was last week so you can burn him down fast then kill Alzid Prime.
    Just follow the script and fight them both at the same time.
  15. ARCHIVED-Snublefot Guest

There is no exploit in splitting the current version of Vyemm/Alzid. I would say this version is the best to date :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Snublefot Guest

Just on a general point. If these mobs indeed is supposed to be fought together, why not just set their deaggro range to the same value - eg. Zonewide as a previous version of Alzid. As long as these mobs are seperate encounters they will be spilt. And again, could you please leave the encounter alone for - lets say a month :p Then mention in the update notes something like "Alzid will now pay more attention to his Master" or something like that.
  17. ARCHIVED-hanfred Guest

Well I like the newest version. It's the hardest version after what? 4 changes now and you can still seperate them. Fun fight :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Druv Guest

Just curious - RE: people on this thread saying that Vyemm and Alzid are meant to come together.
    When you actually spawn Vyemm, this is what his Narrative Says:
    Incompetents, how could such a ragged group of interlopers get this far! I should have known better than to trust impure allies, despite their talents. I shall enjoy watching you suffer at the hands of my greatest creation. I do not waste time on insects! Kill them!
    This narrative suggests Vyemm will send in his greatest creation "Alzid" - while he watches, as he is above wasting time on insects.. It probably explains why these encounters aren't linked. So... is this encounter bugged? or working as intended?
    These mobs can still be split, but it would sure make it less frustrating if it didn't change EVERY week.
  19. ARCHIVED-Daelomdel Guest

Split them before was easy, it was like any other room with two unlinked agro mobs in it.

So BEFORE it didnt require coth, or using leash difference, or dropping someone from raid, etc..etc..etc (thats what I consider exploitish)

However, IF the encounter or script ... whatever the hell you want to call it was inteded to be fought together, then why isnt it ONE encounter?

All this aside... the point is "Why in the heck are the devs jacking around with the encounter? And furthermore, why is it so freaking hard to mention these changes in the updates notes? (I realize some little things get missed, but when its only 1 of 2 instanced raid zones that most people have access to in KoS one would think that major changes to the end boss (who is needed to get access to the 3rd instanced raid zone) would be pretty darn hard to miss... especially missing it 5-6 times in a row!)

So repeative mistakes and oversights on the part of the Devs? Or blatant failure to mention changes... as if we weren't going to notice.
  20. ARCHIVED-FlintAH Guest

I believe Venekor says something similar and he attacks along w/ golem dude.