ATTENTION DEVS: What the HECK did you do to Vyemm!!!

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Daelomdel, Apr 30, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

Yea, my old guild and I found out the hard way kinda, We Successfully Split Alzid then fought him for about 15 and a half frekkin minutes then on the 16th he took a 17% hit and instantly fell to the ground and gave us his lootage.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

Nothings impossible. :D
  3. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

While it is still possible to kill Alzid first, can I ask you why you dont just kill vyemm first if you can so easily split the two, rather than get all frustrated about alzid? Doesnt really seem that differenet or troublesome to me.
  4. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

How is Vyemm harder than Sunchild? Sunchild had 2 nearly unlivable AEs, hits harder than Vyemm(when done at the proper level, obviously), and his memblur. With Vyemm it's stack everybody on him, heal through his 1 AE which triggers the memblur, and make sure his other AE is directioned at the tank and not the DPS/Healers.
  5. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

They should change it so Alzid and Vyemm add to the Corsolander fight.
  6. ARCHIVED-Senen74 Guest

I'm not sure if youve been in since the latest changes, but I'd sure like to know how you get around the new script that jumps his health from 13-33% health on one attempt we had Alzid tanked for probly 45 mins in that time we probly bounced the 13-33% deal 100 + times and never once did the script fail. Only thing we didnt try doing was pulling Alzid towards the zone to try and break the script link if thats even possible so I say its impossible at this point to split and kill Alzid first which has always been the Devs Goal to prevent this strategy and require you to either split Vyemm or kill both at the same time. My orgional gripe was the devs putting in code that specificaly keeps you from killing a mob unless you do the encounter the way they want it done and we all know over the last 3 + months of weekly changes to this encounter its questionable if the devs even know how they want the encounter accomplished. The irony I find is why hasn't DT been touched as much as Lab, personaly I found DT much easier then Lab or HoS, with exception to the last 2 encounters which realy only require high PR/DR the zones a great change from the copy and paste of old and some fun scripting idea's and loot flowing out like crazy you can get more relic in one clearing then 2+ months of doing Lab.
  7. ARCHIVED-Aandien Guest

If you can split the encounter -- and kill vyemm as a result of splitting that encounter, then simply change your first target to vyemm, and split vyemm off and kill him.
    If all they did was change the encounter so you actually cant kill alzid while vyemm is alive but you can still split them -- who cares. Kill Vyemm first, then pull and kill Alzid second.
  8. ARCHIVED-Feltrak Guest

100+ times. Wow. I can't believe you just said your strat was to wait for the script to fail.
    Last two encounters only require high PR/DR?? Have you killed them????? There's alot more to it than that.
    If you cleared deathtoll WHY are you crying about Vyemm's difficulty. It took you 2 hours to kill him? That sucks, your guild is very unadaptive and can't form new strats.
    I still want to see some sort of shapeshifting mob that has different abilities everytime you pull him, and you have to react to his emotes and be ready to change strats on the fly. They basically need to mix that first eyeball in Labs (who's script is broken) and Vilucidae in lyceum (who's stances are a joke.)
  9. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Why would you want an eyeball mob named Vilucidae who has a broken script full of stances that are a joke? :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Senen74 Guest

Feltrack I'm amazed out how poor your reading comprhension is, the 100+ deal was to simply see if it can be done since last night Alzid was obviously changed again. Some of us actualy do stuff like this with devs watching and leave feedback and then the very next week they go and retune the encounter against the very strat you beat it with the week prior I know for fact this has happend twice with our guild now. And yes PR/DR around 10k pretty much makes these encounters doable theres no super secret behind killing Teranax and I forget the name of the wingedwurm thing in the water. I think most people try to play DT off as much harder then it realy is our first trip in I was amazed out how easy the zone was especialy mob hps vs places say like ascent x 4 or even HoS theres no comparison IMO. As far as the 2hrs to kill him thats time spent working on new strats this last trip our normal clear times for Lab are around 2hrs30mins I'd argue thats pretty fast including pee breaks and waiting on random ninja afkers.

As far as your idea on a shapeshifting boss with diffrent abilities on each form well all that exist in Lyceum/DT on one mob or another ie Vilucidae and the Amorpheous Drake encounters there just no single mob with it all together. Back on point to my main gripe behind the devs constantly changing encounters is I personal like to clear zones in under 3 hrs without haveing to be suprised each week by constant retooling of events. Which leads back to the majority of our guild are Married/Kids etc and dont realy enjoy the 6 hr + marathon sessions personaly I wish they would implement a system like WoW uses where your instance is open for the lockout duration so you can reenter the zone nightly till your done this would certainly go along way in appeasing the more casual guilds who can barely muster a 2hr raid toghether much less learning DT/Lab zones for the first few trips at 5 + hrs a run.
    Message Edited by Senen74 on 05-25-2006 03:26 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Beragon Guest

We clear Labs within 1,5h -2h easy, depends how long we play with vyemm till we finaly decide to kill him. If your Guild is DT flagged and you think Labs is harder then DT, you maybie just watching TV, and AF =)

No Named from Labs comes near the Waterfall junkie and the splitting Dragol, both in DT are really hard. Labs is a walk in the candyland but thats ok.

A Tip, pull and kill Vyemm + Azlin same time, kill Vyemm first, offtank Azlin till Vyemm down. Pretty easy and simple ^^
  12. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

<---cant wait to get deathtoll access
    We had trouble with the Old guild, but started up a new one and going well so far.
    I'll Just say they changed it that Alzid will never go down as long as His Master (Lord Vyemm) Is still In Trouble (Alive)
    Tho Lord Vyemm Won't Let his Creation get Killed Infront of his Eyes, He is However too lazy to Go after him and Defend him and Vice Versa with Alzid