Ask Me Almost Anything on Reddit today

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dulcenia, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The SOE Post Tracker page has a side-bar Twitter feed - saw this tweet from Holly there:

Ask Me Almost Anything (AMAA) on Reddit today. Me = Devs. 5am FTW! General delirium disclaimer applies! http://ow.ly/whqb4 #EQ2

I don't have a Reddit account (or Twitter), but can still read the discussion.
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Surprised there aren't more comments regarding this.

How did y'all feel about it? Would you want to see more AMAAs in the future?

Hope those of you who took part in the AMAA enjoyed it during the forum and server downtime. I thought it'd be a great way for the Community and Dev Team to interact since we didn't have our normal means of communication.
    Calthine, Cyliena and Neiloch like this.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Might want to have 1 from each department there for each shift, other than that it was fab! Well other than I would have had to make an account on Reddit to participate, but that's my choice not to. Why not use the forums, they were up all day...pretty quiet, but they were up.

Edit: I'm also sure that I would not be the only one willing to donate 100 SC towards the purchase of coffee, muffins, donuts and a fruit basket or so for all participants :)
  4. Tyman Active Member

I say do it more often, even here on the forums. I love communicating with SOE like that.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  5. Hanokh Member

Until the Isle of Refuge is brought back and/or a true progression server is put online there is really no reason to listen to anything coming from this development team. There hasn't been a good idea in years. How many times was the question asked in the AMA? I stopped counting at three for the IofR. Turn the thing back on with no support and no further development and make a large number of players happy. How hard is that to understand? No money from me until that happens.
  6. VeilShard Active Member

I enjoyed the AMA but none of my questions were answered, I can understand though there were too many but I was refreshing the page every few minutes in hopes! I learned a few things like "ahem" isle of refuge is not coming back! Not that I was too worried about that but I didn't realize how many people want it..I'd be happy with it as a prestige home
    There's quite a lack of people on the eq2 reddit though (it's normally really dead and not always worth checking) which makes me wonder if it would be better just done on these forums
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed reading reddit. It was a refreshing method of communication.
    Bring back the Isle of Refuge = They've killed Kenny
  8. Mae- Well-Known Member

I didn't participate in this, anyone ask about the new guild halls and how we get them? I'd love to know.
  9. Astealoth Member

I asked if they could make the frakkin matchmaker bring in at least one of each of the four base classes before slopping together a group, i forgot who but one of the soe people said it's someone's priority task as we speak. Was a pretty good amaa, lots of SOE response.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Dunno why this was going on over on Reddit, unless it's easier for SOE employees to reply over there on that style of a discussion forum. All the questions and requests that we players post on these forums on a daily basis seem to go unanswered or addressed.

I'd be all for Reddit being the central place for us players to post our questions and concerts vs. this forum. Seems like the "style" of Reddit is easier to communicate on.
  11. Avianna Well-Known Member

ye
    yes enjoyed it but the reddit platform was a bit dated it felt like having to constantly refresh the page and scroll to see the answers for questions given. plus a couple of answers conflicted with one another one such happened to be mine where it was asked about respecing single trees at a time on the aa lines and the answer I got was polar opposite from another players response so a bit confusing there.
  12. konofo Active Member

I strongly dislike any initiative to move official communication outside of the official forum. I felt there wasn't a single post there that couldn't have been made here. As far as I could tell, these forums were up all day. Several of the subjects discussed there have been unanswered here for some time, and anyone who only reads/searches here (which should be sufficient) might never know that some of those answers exist.

kono
    Feara, Feldon, Kraeref and 6 others like this.
  13. Maltaros Active Member

After reading the Zam write up I got the feeling that all the current batch of devs can say is "not possible, not in the plans, not what we want to do". I have been feeling like this game has been left devoid of top shelf devs and this just confirmed it for me. I am really sad at the state EQ2 is in and regret having bought a 12-month sub for my wife and myself a few months back. They have consistently made mistake after mistake and we aren't getting anything put back. People have been begging for the old starter island back, but the current crop of devs don't care. Not a lot of people like what they did with the backyards in Freeport and Qeynos but they don't care. I could go on and on but it would be futile. They are going to consider doing what they want whether it is positive for the players or not and then wonder why the servers have shrinking populations. I play on Antonia Bayle. When CoE came out we generally had two to three different groups a day. Now, with the missteps that those in charge have made, we are lucky to be able to scrape up a full group once a week, even when opening it up to allied guilds. I am really kind of going through a grieving process as I feel the game I have loved for a long time is terminally ill. The reddit thing just confirmed it for me. (Also, really sad that so much EQ2 communication has been moved to other platforms. It feels like the people are ashamed to give information in the first place people should be looking - official SOE sites.I realize Luperza is trying, but to reach the most people she needs to use these forums. I know way to many people that won't touch "Social Media" with a 10 foot pole.)
    Svenone likes this.
  14. Wanic Active Member

Thought it was a positive experience, Reddit format takes some getting used to. I thought i spaced my questions out but it ended up being a cluster of five questions or so.
    Still, some solid answers and possible hints for the future.
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm surprised people are so upset about it being on reddit. Especially since so many complain about 'advertising' when this is very good exposure to the public. FYI most people don't frequent the official forums without a specific reason, players or otherwise. Reddit on the other hand apparently gets a few hits every now and then, I hear.

I thought all the isle of refuge questions was pretty funny. I had to explain to more than a few people what it even was.

Yes, more AMAA's on reddit. Just give more of a heads up on WHEN it will be happening.
    Shmogre and Avianna like this.
  16. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I avoid Reddit like the plague, that's why I'm not commenting otherwise.

I consider it to be barely a millimeter above 4Chan or SomethingAwful.
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

It was nice, but maybe a shorter session next time. ;) The final hour saw maybe one dev reply so I think y'all got worn out on it. I remember something like this on Twitter several years ago, too.

Someone else and myself both asked prestige hall questions; the brief answer is that they're changing how they had halls granting etc planned, so that's still up in the air. The long answer is here. ;)
  18. Sambril Well-Known Member

I suppose it is useful for those that use and like 'social media', but I don't. I avoid them and have disabled the links you get here on the forums. When I look for official information on a game I look to that game's official website and forum, not some third party site. When looking for a wider view or collected information I will look to fan sites like Zam or EQ2Wire or even the wiki.
    Svenone likes this.
  19. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I see both sides of the coin on this... I know long time members who NEVER come to the official forums, and I know members who hate social media... so you cant win or make everyone happy.

I think it was a great idea to branch out and have a Q&A session. I think a shorter session would have been good, and more answers to be answered but overall a positive experience.

I thank the other fansites for putting up summaries of responses, as it is a good way to see anything that was missed.

Finally, I think people need to be realistic with this game. It is not what is was when we started... the team is also different. I'm sure they can turn the starter areas on, and make that crowd happy, but there is also the crowd that didnt like them as much and would rather them focus on other areas. If the current team wont bring them back, so be it. We have to accept it and either play the game, or move on. This horse has been beaten beyond any reasonable measure.
    Spindle likes this.
  20. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I am not anti-using things outside the forums to chat (esp. In this case where there is no forums or game to USE!)
    But, reddit itself boggles and hurts my brain and I don't stay once I go there and remember how much it hurts/boggles my brain. It's like it's cool cause it's impossible to use easily and that's not a good enough reason to be cool to me ;)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  21. Mae- Well-Known Member

Thank you!!! =) I'm so glad they decided against SC purchase!