Arrows - From the tradeskill forums

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-MoonglumHMV, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

haha spoken like a true crafter. Player crafted items should NEVER be better then anything you'd get from a fabled item. Honestly, did that really have to be stated? And the last time I checked. Players werent able to craft items better then legendary.... sooo.....
  2. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Let's not even go there. I really wanted a full answer. It's not like the bows only summoned arrows, the stats on them are solid rewards for the effort of raiding and really the summoned arrows were great more because of a mechanics weakness that's being fixed than anything else. Will the changes affect the value of the bow? Yes. Will it affect the value so much as the bow is worthless though?
  3. ARCHIVED-Nuladen Guest

Summoned arrows are being left alone.

Ilucide said: Not to worry, I'm not touching summoned arrows at all - just vendor & tradeskilled. [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Bithnar Guest

*falls out of his chair*
  5. ARCHIVED-Loki_d20 Guest

Nevermind: see that answer on summoned is answered two posts above this :)
    Message Edited by Loki_d20 on 01-31-2007 08:31 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Loki_d20 Guest

Not true. With a fabled item you are getting the stats and the DPS of the item, in regards to a bow at least, whereas the summoning factor is a 'bonus' similar to the speed on journeyman boots. This doesn't mean that because the ability is on a fabled item it should be superior to all tiers of crafted arrows.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kamarile Guest

Agreed. If the bow had crappy stats and t1 dps, but could summon arrows, then I'd agree the arrows should be pretty [I cannot control my vocabulary] amazing, and a lot better than anything else you can get. But as it is, the Bows would still be among the most wanted loot in the game without the ability to summon arrows - the arrow summoning is just an added extra, and not the be-all and end-all of the item's purpose.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bithnar Guest

Actually I wish he would touch the summoned arrows . . . but only the quantity summoned and not the quality. It would also be great if they would fix the tier issues with summoned arrows.
  9. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

That's somtheing else that always bugged me- why is this even an upgrading spell? Even if they do want this and other arrow summon abilities to upgrade, the upgrade should be the amount and not the quality of arrow.
  10. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

I will KIND OF disagree with you there... BUT T7 crafted arrows should NOT be better than T8 arrows os ANY kind...
  11. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Something to keep in mind is that combat arts will no longer consume ammo either with GU32. So yes you will want the tradeskilled arrows with that update but at the same time you should be consuming fewer arrows.
    No combat arts consuming arrows means your using 9 arrows per min with a longbow, or 13 arrows per min with a short bow (on base times).. No other arrows are consumed.. Currently arrows require 3 raws, 4 materials, they are cheap to make and with demand going as it is shown even if your spending 7g per stack of crafted arrows (what im going to charge mine at), it means your going to be spending somethng ~70s per minute and 70s is alot better than spending 3g per min. This is only if you want to go in with your A game in groups/raiding..

As for typical combat, you will never run out of arrows again with an adept 3'd version of reclaimed EVER... Even if you dont want to spend the money, its still a viable option. Even when I had no dt bow, I still made the high parses with my guild at the time..
  12. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

I, personally, don't feel that there should be t8 arrows. It shouldn't require ammunition from a tier that doesn't exist for rangers to do their job effectively.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

I 100% agree with this. We have to have a weapon from a tier that does not even exist to do our job effectively. How lame is that?!

Anyways, I am pysched about this change as long as summoning arrows do not change. Does this mean that our summon arrows will do the same damage as TS crafted arrows? Or are we going to be forced to be strapped to a WW to get our arrows if we want to be effective. If that is the case, they have added another broken mechanic to cover a broken mechanic. If we need WW arrows to do our best job, then again we are the only class that relies on a TS class to do our job effectively. Let the gouging begin:)
  14. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

All reservations about quality of TS arrows versus summoned arrows notwithstanding, and ignoring the argument about the T8 summoning bows (because I'm tired)...
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  15. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

Elitism aside, if you read the post about it, from lowest to highest, its store bought, summoned, crafted. Then the arrows from the fabled since it is T8 ammo that it summons it would be better then any T7 and crafted storebought T8 for that matter after the next lvl cap raise. The bow being fabled doesnt make the arrows it summons fabled unless it specifically says they are.
  16. ARCHIVED-Boramyr Guest

Aeralik, will equipped arrows still affect the Damage type of Combat Arts even after CA's no longer consume arrows? I would hate to loose the ability to do crushing or slashing damage against piercing resitant mobs, or is this no longer considered an issue since total damage type immunity has been removed? And if the answer is yes how will quivers affect this with mixed ammo in the quiver?
  17. ARCHIVED-Caliga Guest

CAs ignored the type of arrow that was being used for a long time now. You can use tin arrows and your CAs will work normally, its just your auto attack would always miss.
  18. ARCHIVED-Boramyr Guest

They ignored it for damage modification, but it would still change the Damage Type if you equipped a Crushing or a Slashing arrow then your CA's would start doing Crushing or Slashing Damage.
  19. ARCHIVED-electricninjasex Guest

I hope you don't mean combat arts that explicitly involve the use of ammo. For Triple Shot to describe itself as the successive attack of three arrows, am I the only one who thinks that three arrows should be removed from inventory when it's successful? Isn't that just common sense?

That's like when Deus Ex 2 decided that instead of rocket launchers consuming rockets and guns consuming bullets, all weapons would draw from this shared abstract pool called "ammo". It was tacky and everyone knew it. And the game paid a price for it.

Point being, ammo management has always been a key immersion factor in 3-D games.
    Message Edited by electricninjasex on 01-31-2007 12:08 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Does this mean if a mob is pierce resistant, then would my ranged CAs would now fail to do any damage ? Perhaps the mob has bad +crushing deflects so I want to use crushing arrows to get max damage, how would I do that when my CAs are not using a type of arrow that I can't control ?

Here's hoping the devs have thought this change through fully....

Yes, it's common sense. However, there is just no way a Ranger can afford for common sense to apply !

Remember that Rangers are using anything from 1-2k arrows *per hour* at the moment so something has to give. Even though supply through Woodworkers is being increased (it remains to be seen how this plays out with pricing, but a 8s arrow should drop to say 2s now, which is 2GP a stack), it still ends up costing a lot of Plat for ammo. If I spend 2 *PP* a day now on arrows, then assuming supply results in prices being 4x cheaper, then it's still 50GP I throw away each day just to do my normal DPS.

Removing CA ammo usage will simply put Rangers back on a level playing field with other classes in terms of day to day running costs. (oh look, in my excitement I totally forgot about poison costs...ooops)

Message Edited by EQ2Magroo on 01-31-2007 09:24 AM