Armor issue after the update.

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Beyoncia, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Caith Developer

No, they will not.
  2. konofo Active Member

Caith answered the first part just now, but I want to clarify the latter comment - to the best of my knowledge, the block chance plate armor that people are wearing on Live will continue to exist as it does today. There will also be fighter-only block chance plate armor with Potency, and you only get that version by explicitly converting an existing block chance piece. No cleric is going to log in next week and find they can't wear the armor they had already equipped.

kono
    Gninja likes this.
  3. Caith Developer

Thanks for the clarification, Gninja just pointed out that there might have been some misunderstanding on how that all worked, and you are correct in all points above.
  4. Xakanis Active Member

So after the patch my Templar sits naked? How am I supposed to play my Templar without armor, to get my new armor?
  5. Gninja Developer

If you decide to sit naked that is a personal choice. It will not forced upon you.

In other words... If you had armor on before the patch you will still have it after.
  6. Xakanis Active Member

It was starting to sound like the armor was going to be removed, and become "tank only". It's comforting to hear that it isn't. I have some posts for you to review in the scout thread. <winks>
  7. Silzin Active Member

there will be the ability to trade your Block armor in for Por/Block armor that is FIghter only.... that is what is being added.
  8. Xakanis Active Member

Thanks. I've been to busy testing the scout changes to touch my Templar, or my Berserker. Just wish I could get some kind of response in regards to the next stage of scout changes.
  9. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

But what if I want to exchange my curent armor for a new one?
  10. Silzin Active Member

then you will need to get New Armor.
  11. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

And that seems wrong to me. If you change itemisation half-way through the expansion, you should allow to exchange items.
  12. Silzin Active Member

I agree, but they are not changing Itemization. They are adding Pot to Tank Gear, and adding 7% Damage to Scout CA's. Nothing that is going to change the way Tanks or Scouts have been itemizing. If you want to change the way you are geared based on promises that have not been fulfilled then that is a different argument and Not going to be entertained (From what it looks like).
  13. Caith Developer

As Silzin mentioned, we are not changing how itemization works at all. We have decided to add Potency to mitigation armor, and we have decided to add a new set of armor for tanks only that has both Potency and Block chance. Priests that chose to spec block chance without potency previously are not being affected, that choice is still valid for them. We are not adding a full potency/block chance armor set for priests.
    Neiloch likes this.
  14. Clevemo Active Member

So for those that haven't logged into beta, there is an item purchasable from the ferrin merchant for like 30g that will convert the old block armor into fighter-only block armor with potency added. That's how it works.
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Do we loose the gems in the old piece?
  16. Caith Developer

No, if you use it on a 4 gem piece, you receive a 4 gem piece in exchange. You do however lose any reforging, refining or experimentation done on the item. That is unfortunately unavoidable with the current implementation.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  17. Rainmare Well-Known Member

okay the adding potency to the mit armor, was that just given out, or do I need to use the exchange token to switch it?
  18. Gninja Developer

The mit armor should just auto add the potency stat.
  19. Boli Active Member

it did.. thanks :)