Anything new on the Ratonga known?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Viromage, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Ok, so the Rats went and tricked all the other races into joining the Serilian Horde for some purpose. So they have listed the Bugbears, the Goblins, the Mushroom Men, and the Kobolds; but what are the 'Iron Lords'? It sounds like they're servants of Naggy, but I can't figure out the race. And then there's mention of an alliance with a surface race, any ideas on this? My best guess would be that the Serilian Horde Rats are making an alliance with the Ratonga of Freeport. Or, since this is on Faydwer, it could be Mayong Mistmoore. Then there's the question, who is The One on the first page? At first, I would think it's Brell, or some prophet of Brell, but now I'm not so sure. Another god? Or some other power? EDIT: Actually, after a bit of searching, I came across this post from Vhalen about Ratonga and their worship practices: [p]"From what outsiders can decipher, most ratonga and all roekillik worship a deity named Caertex. He is a mad being of supreme mental powers. Along with these powers comes the inability to block the thoughts of other entities within a massive range. This rat-like deity is said to exist deep in the Plane of Underfoot, within a portion called the Endless Tunnels. This is said to be a place not even planars venture. Those who enter the Endless Tunnels are lost forever. Here can be found the only peaceful sanctum for Caertex, who hides from the thoughts of nearly an entire plane."[/p] [align=right] [/align]
  2. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Mirander_1 wrote:
    My guess is the giants. It deffinatly does sound like servants of naggy. The red. Inferno Abyss. Et all. But again would guess that the iron lords would be the fire giants. Who do serve naggy. Throw in the fact that they make the magical "relic" gear for you.
  3. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

The iron lords are minotaurs they are right there in Kaladim.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

There's no minotaurs in Kaladim. What are you talking about?
  5. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Looking on the Kaladim map at eq2.gamepressure, they do have marked the location of a mob named Iron Lord Kraxxixis, though he's not on any other bestiary I could find.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I thought he was a nightblood?

Well regardless, one minotaur-like mob doesn't mean they exist in Kaladim.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

*shrugs* Well, I don't know what race he is, but there is at least one mob in the zone that we can use to figure out what the Iron Lords are.
  8. ARCHIVED-Vyrance Guest

I thought the Iron Lords were the rock-beings
  9. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

I actually went to Kaladim to check it out, and the Iron Lord there is a Minotaur with a sorta flaming effect on him. He's on the roof of one of the buildings in the cavern before the mine tunnel and the Underfoot Cathedral
  10. ARCHIVED--Fluffy- Guest

Iron Lord Kraxxixis(nightblood) and his PH an iron lord(flaming minotaur) both have the sub title Iron Lords of Crundom.
    And I kinda figure the forbidden ally from above might be a bit higher up than the surface, like maybe the Kragploom Aviaks of Butcherblock. The book hints that they are to be used as spies and who would be better that the Aviaks for that?
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Anyone know the combo on the chest? I can't find the post talking about that thing at Windstalker Village.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Don't know the combo per se, but examining the table in Windstalker, I get this: It looks like someone has carved rings onto the table. Each ring rests within another. There are two arrows also carved around the outer ring. A large arrow points to 3 o'clock while a smaller arrow points to 6 o'clock. Hope that helps!
  14. ARCHIVED-DocFlareon Guest

I'd like to mention that the of the NPCs involved with "In Honor and Service" makes mention of Caertex. The Mushroom King lost his kingdom in the Underfoot when Caertex filled the shrools with new ideas.
  15. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

Ok, that book was interesting. This book fits in very neatly with the Prima info on Ratongas N'Gurai is mentioned as the "Great Mage" that leads the Roekillik after the Vault of Serilis is broken. N'Gurai leads them to the ancient Dark Elf fortress of Anetiff, which is neatly mentioned at the first page of this new book. What I see: N'Gurai is the leader of the Roekillik, he used to direct them against the Ratonga, but now has changed his "master plan". Notice that Caertex will be "A false prophet and king" suggesting to me that Vhalen's comment posted earlier: [align=center]"From what outsiders can decipher, most ratonga and all Roekillik worship a deity named Caertex. He is a mad being of supreme mental powers. Along with these powers comes the inability to block the thoughts of other entities within a massive range. This rat-like deity is said to exist deep in the Plane of Underfoot, within a portion called the Endless Tunnels. This is said to be a place not even planars venture. Those who enter the Endless Tunnels are lost forever. Here can be found the only peaceful sanctum for Caertex, who hides from the thoughts of nearly an entire plane." [align=left] Is very interesting, N'Gurai already held a venerated position among the Roekillik, so he is not the new king, King Caertex must be, as he is mentioned elsewhere as carrying out the acts described in plan in this book. Now "He shall carry the name of the supreme father", either I am wrong and infact the Avatar of Serilis is this false king (but does not seem to be trully sentient, and has had no obvious hand in the raising of the Serilian Horde) or King Caertex is named after this diety Vhalen mentions. I believe that this diety, while not mentioned by name is "The One" mentioned at the very beginning, for a while I thought it was a mix-up between N'Gurai and this "supreme father", however I now think that all is contiguous, and that they worship a deity called Caertex, and that the spiritual leader of the Roekillik (and thus the serilian horde) is N'Gurai. This deity of Caertex may even be a fabrication by N'Gurai to allow him greater power. King Caertex is simply a jack-in-office who does what N'Gurai says, but nevertheless seems to have considerable support among the Serilians. anyway, thats what I read from it... [/align] [/align]
  16. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

[p]Does anyone know the correct way to get the dials to work ive tried the 3 and 6 positions and nothing happened?[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

East then South. You have to wait 24 hours before you can try again though, so check back tomarrow.
  18. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Thanks Cusahorn. I realized what I did too, its very touchy where on the line you click , had to camp out in there for 24 hours lol. Anyone find If this book has more to it or it leads anywhere?
  19. ARCHIVED-Ozymundas Guest

[p] Clan Bullcrusher?![/p][p][IMG][/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

[size="small; color: #993300"][face="comic sans ms,sand"]"Clan Boombottom"? Is their primary diet made up of spicy foods?[/face][/size]