Anything new on the Ratonga known?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Viromage, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

The coin will grant the holder passage to Crow's Resting Place. As you can imagine, they're pretty secretive and very selective about who they let wander in there ;-) If you ever find yourself chasing stolen swords, you might stumble across one of these coins.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

No. This coin is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the SoD questline coin.
  3. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

[p]Cusashorn wrote: [/p]
    [p]From the interview with Vhalen, link posted above:[/p][p]One faction I truly enjoyed bringing into the world is the Circle of the Unseen Hand. In the original EverQuest, the Hand was a thieves' guild located in the lawful city of Qeynos. As you might guess, over a period of 400 years, the law discovered them and booted them out of the city, but that was not the end of the Hand. They evolved into a global thieves' guild that maintains secret guild taverns in every major city on Norrath. [size="xx-small"]These taverns are safe houses for not only the members of the Hand, but for their allies or those willing to earn the right to carry one of the valuable tavern coins.[/size] In the Swords of Destiny we get a greater glimpse of Crow's Resting Place, the Hand tavern located beneath the lawful city of Qeynos. You just can't keep a good thief away.[/p][p]You get one in the Claymore Quest, and you get one in the Swords of Destiny quest. Both have you chasing stolen swords, and both grant you access to Crow's Resting Place. Sounds like the same coin to me ;-)[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah but they're techincally two different coins. When did KoS come out? I know it was in the middle of February, but the database says this tavern coin was found on 02-02-06.
  5. ARCHIVED-Vollux Guest

IrishWonder wrote:
    If you mean the Disk Of Bylze or Crow Coin they are not the items I'm referring to. I have both of them and neither is the Tavern coin in question.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

That tavern coin is a "wooden coin [that] has the Hole in the Wall Tavern name inscribed on it." You'll see it if you roll a new froglok. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Vollux Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Kitsune286 Guest

Hmm... Well, I'd like to think I wouldn't have to roll a frog to find out more about this.
  9. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

The only fun thing about windstalker village is their screams as you slaughter them and turn their corpses against their friends and family. ahhh yes, fun times. i love being a necro.
  10. ARCHIVED-DocFlareon Guest

The sad thing is, PC ratonga are as in the dark as you furless giants. I's don't likes this, nos not at all.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kryussius Guest

Yeah, but who'd want to do that? 8)
  12. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

[size="small; color: #993300"][face="comic sans ms,sand"]Why should we have to re-roll our froggies if we want to see this supposed lore thing? Had enough trouble with sending Zabi to Big Bend as it was even if there isn't a big RP aspect behind him[/face][/size]
  13. ARCHIVED-Ozymundas Guest

I've been thinking of this for awhile and I hoped someone else would be able to investigate it further. In the bank vault of Kaladim, while obtaining the statue for SoD2, I noticed a chest with a combination lock on it. When you click it, it gives you the option to turn some dials and this immediately reminded me of the table in Windstalker Village. I tried turning the dials to the 3 and 6 o'clock positions but I was wrong and the chest has a lockout timer on it before you can try again. It's possible they are unrelated, or I chose the wrong dials to turn to 3 and 6. Either way, I've not had the opportunity to get back into the vault and try again. Anyone have more info on this?
  14. ARCHIVED--Fluffy- Guest

[p]Turning the symbol on the chest correctly will result in a book called 'The New Path'. The book is tradeable.[/p][p]The book details how the rodent races tricked all the other underfoot races into forming the Serillian Army and take over Kaladim. Unfortunately the book is a bit damaged so the end is missing :([/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Does anyone know the correct combination for the chest?
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Is the book a quest item or house item?
  17. ARCHIVED-PassingStranger Guest

The only book I came across aside from the history one is a book/quest somewhere in one or both of the cities (Freeport and Qeynos I mean, I don't remember where specifically, though) that you can pick up called "Dance of the Ancient" which is about ratonga. Doesn't shed much light on anything, unfortunately.
  18. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Is this a possability? (And befor you even say "but they are on compleatly different continents" hear me out i know that fact :p ). Chypp (silent "p") talks about the rat wars. And when they were underground they were mutated to be able to speak. There was a rat-y paradice befor hte first rat wars. And then subsiquently the second rat wars. (believe if i understood it right they were talking about the dark elves invading the underrelm befor the 1st war. Then "Tick Tocks" for the second (akanon). If it was talking about dark elves and not gnomes (it could have been gnomes) then it shows that they were on that part of the continent itself. And we know that the continents underground are huge and could have connected to akanon also anyways i digress. So Taking what Chypp (silent "p") says about how the rats were mutated. Obviously after the 1st war there was unrest and could have had a more evil inclined race (or scavanger inclined i guess). Could the Ratonga be an offshoot of this mutating under the ground. Even in the dancing one they are underground (obviolusly it was because the orcs could find em easily above). So they are adept to the underground. And they arnt nesicarily evil but looking out for themselves cause they have no one else to (i see em more neutral but again thats off topic). SO in conclusion is there any evidence that would sugest this theory of the ratonga is false. As there is not much known on the rats to say where they came from. And there is a rat who can talk who said that his kind were mutated..... Mutation enough over centuries could have caused this. (If what chypp is talking about is correct they were mutated befor akanon was even founded.)
  19. ARCHIVED-Ozymundas Guest

-Fluffy- wrote:
    Any chance you could get us screenshots or a transcript of the book? I'd love to see it, but I rarely have the time to assemble a group in Kaladim to storm the vault.
  20. ARCHIVED--Fluffy- Guest

The book is a house item, there is no quest associated with it as far as I can tell.
    You probably can't open the chest if you haven't examined the table in Windstalker Village to get the right combination.
    [IMG]