anyone have any info on the coercer class armor quest??

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-clarah, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-clarah Guest

plzzzzzzzz :smileytongue:
  2. ARCHIVED-Swoll Guest

I believe its is started by the gnome in East Freeport near the guild registrar. Havn't had a chance to finish it yet, so not sure what the reward is.
  3. ARCHIVED-Keltoe Guest

Its in the guild registrar bulding in east freeport. Its a witch cant remember exact name. The quest will have you kill a named that can be found right near Hidden Canyon Station. Then she sends you to fallen gate after you complete that quest for another quest and thats as far as I am now.
  4. ARCHIVED-kirky Guest

nooo.. not the lag hole formerly known as fallen gate.. sigh...

I hope someone will post some pics of it, when they get it - along with some stats of course. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Keltoe Guest

I have completed 2 of the armor quests so far and I am working on the 3rd now. The lag and people in FG are making it almost impossible and the quest wants me to kill some tough things. It is so worth it though and I would highly suggest that anyone who hits Coercer soon go try if before FG gets to be crammed too bad. Where you have to hunt in FG for the quest is past where all the people are currently hanging out but that wont last much longer and the quest kills are hard to find since they dont spawn often.

I havent uploaded my image yet and the servers just went down but I do remember some of the stats. I received gloves the first time and they had +11 health and +14 power along with some int and wis boosts. Also great resistances. The 2nd quest gave me some forearm armor I think it was but it also had +11 health and +14 power as well along with some really good other stats and resistances. They are both attuneable and orange con to me at level 21. I might be off a little on the stats but not much if I am. I am going to keep doing the quests and see what else I get until it gets to the point where the lag in FG makes it not worth my time.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jraik Guest

I feel like a total newb but FB? where is it?
  7. ARCHIVED-Xan Xen Guest

Kirsteh the Witch in the newspaper building in east freeport. I'm really sick of Fallen Gate.

Xonxen
    Coercer 21/Scholar 16
    Freeport, Befallen
  8. ARCHIVED-Darkives Guest

Definately will start this quest today, made coercer a couple of days ago :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Rysa Guest

So you can you only start this quest after you reach level 20 ?
  10. ARCHIVED-dr3w Guest

that's right, must be a coercer to start it
  11. ARCHIVED-Vashek Guest

My question...why in the world do the gloves we receive for completing Part 1 of the quest have Wisdom and not Intelligence? Worthless.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xan Xen Guest

Bracers from part II have int, +3 I think. Still working on part III for some boots. I just want a new robe. I'm sick of looking at my enchanter robes that I've been wearing for the past 11 levels.
    Xonxen
    Coercer 21/Scholar 16
    Freeport, Befallen
  13. ARCHIVED-Gorillastein Guest

Wisdom IS NOT worthless.

Read the enchanter Guide put out by SOE on the guides section of EQ2player.com.

Wisdom is to casters what agility is to fighters.

Wisdom is our ability to LAND and AVOID a spell. Intelligence determines power points and damage calculation.

Mez seems to generate a good amount of hate, so get all the wisdom items you can - because when they resist that mez, they are going to make a bee line to pound you into a fine powder.

Bottom line - Wisdom is needed AND good.
  14. ARCHIVED-Keltoe Guest

I completed all 6 quests the other day and I must say I love my new robe. I really stand out now and the stats with all the gear on are great. The robe has the highest stats and is the last thing you complete.

WARNING----The 6th armor quest has a named mob level 25^^ that will spawn ON you and it is the only way to complete the quest. Make sure you take a healer and a good tank and then buff yourself up the best you can and walk onto the little island in the water inside Fallen Gate. She will spawn immediately on top of you with her 2 minions and pretty much take you down quick. Its worth it and you can live with a good healer and a quick tank.

Keltoe 25 Coercer, Mistmoore
    Message Edited by Keltoe on 11-23-2004 07:47 AM
    Message Edited by Keltoe on 11-23-2004 07:48 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Oki I am confused is this quest soloable at any parts?
    Part requied
    a) kill 18 disciplines - well at lvl 20 evern having Adept 1 breeze, Adept 1 Consume Ego, Adept 1 Gloom, Adept 1 Spasm, Apprentice 3 Ego, Apprentice 3 Jolt, Blinding Light App 3 - looks to me its kinda stubby. Disciples comes in pair with crusaders (which is ok since most are need em for ring of valmarr quest). Now assuming you mezed disciple and runned with crusader far enouth and root it you will have a some time to do damage to crusader but not enouth to kill before disciple show up. If you start with disciple by rooting crusader then you have chance to kill disciple (they as casters have lower hp) but will be .... let say very damaged by spells and kinda low on power. So is it possible at all at lvl 20 solo em?
    b) Kill some named Lady - she cons white ++ .... is she soloable? I mean if she just melee I guess I can kite her - pull with Gloom and run till at ware off then root stack few dots and kite again till they ware off.
  16. ARCHIVED-Xan Xen Guest

I don't think I could have soloed. Didn't even try. Find a good group and do your armor quests together, there's a good amount of synergy in the different armor quests.

Xonxen
  17. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Oki I am finished first part of quest - kill 18 disciplines and wiped out some ghost Lady - well to my big suprise I got NO items in reward - is it normal or I my char somethat bugged? Frankly I got good chunk of exp (about 5% or so)
    I am doing second part killed already 8 warwitches now need finish 12 mindless corpess (done with 4) and kill watcher 2X - supposely I should get for this bracer (or at least that was quest told me)
    Such thing already happend to me - then I finished quest for gauntlets of hate - I got a wierd message - "You completed the quest and restore gauntlets to original power but price you pay turns to be a lot higher then you expected" after that message gauntless "poofed" on me
    So I have 2 question is it normal not recieve any item reward for first part of the quest?
    If its not normal whom I should contact to fix it?
  18. ARCHIVED-Xan Xen Guest

I believe that you are confusing several quests. The fallen disciples and Lady "What's-Her-Face" quest is part of the level 20 hallmark Coercer quest IIRC. Gauntlets and Boots of Malice are FG build-an-item quests. We're talking about the specific armor quests you can only get after you turn level 20 from Kirsteh the Witch in east freeport. Or am I confused? I could be, all the quests seem to blend together on me now.
    All I know is that I am not enjoying the Edgewater Drains for part IV. Has anyone else noticed that the non-aggro mobs sometimes randomly aggro on you down there? Happened to us three times last night playing with a group of guys I've been playing with every night since day 1. We've never had trouble with that before.
    Also, either the necro we picked up wasn't controlling his pet very well, or everything down there breaks mez. I wasn't able to keep anything under control, as soon as I got off a mez I'd look over to the mez timers and see them immediately dissapear.

Xonxen
    Coercer 22
    Freeport, Befallen
  19. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Xan I fixed my probem its turn to be in game exist wierd bug...
    If you not picked up timely trait for char all quest rewards become ..... pending lol. So ppl be warned once you have this green glowing cross - use it at weel or you will suffer quest reward pending status bug
  20. ARCHIVED-Sephimus2 Guest

Whats the best way to get into edgewater sewers?

Nan