Any Wild Speculations on the Possible Lore Behind the Upcoming Qeynos Revamp?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I'm just repeating what I remember from the questline (although it's been ages). besides it's aimed over the ocean.
    Never said it would work, just that they were trying.
    Still I could see them doing a land invasion on Antonica, for one the land is fertile and full of trees to restart their war machine, they could also use the undead at the dock as a screen for the beachhead.
  2. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Orcs... gnolls... mere savages compared to the might of Lucan D'Lere! Here's how I see it going down.....
    Having resolidified his command of Freeport and purged his people of any dissenters, Lucan sets his sights upon the one group that has continually defied his will -- the Far Seas Trading Company. He has already begun a campaign to bulk up his naval forces, and soon he will make his move against the Far Seas, attacking High Hold itself and seizing all of their ships and assets -- making Lucan D'Lere the unquestioned master of all the seas of Norrath! With the seas locked down by Freeport's naval forces, he would control all non-magical access to the remaining continents and islands on Norrath -- and all the resources within them. It would then be a simple matter of blockading and starving Qeynos out, leaving Lucan D'Lere as the undisputer ruler of a united Norrath. Unity in Lucan!
    But while asleep in his coma, Murrar Shar sees a vision of Lucan's ambitious plan and awakens to alert his Queen of the impending danger. Realizing the dire nature of such a threat, she calls upon the good people of Qeynos and their allies to work against Lucan and to provide support to the Far Seas should they need it. A larger navy is constructed, and the city defenses are upgraded to better withstand a naval attack. The docks are expanded, engulfing what was once Starcrest and Greystone... other suburbs are expanded to house the influx of new residents and those displaced by the new shipyards -- the walls that divide Nettleville and Castleview from the city are removed and they are incorporated into Qeynos proper... the city is refortified, restructured, and reborn.
    And thus the stage would be set for "EverQuest II: The Tides of War" An action-packed expansion of a world on the brink of all-out war. Explore a myriad of lost and forgotten lands as you embark upon an epic naval odessey to claim the oceans of Norrath in the name of Lucan D'Lere or Antonia Bayle!
  3. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Or.... we could just blame the Gnomes, as usual, and just roll with that
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Iskandar wrote:
    As..... interesting.... as that notion is, I'm pretty sure the FSTC has a naval might greater than both Freeport and Qeynos combined.
  5. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Like that would ever stop Lucan! He's been on a roll lately!
  6. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Unless somehow Lucan gains the alliance of the FSTC, or an inside agent takes over for him, I don't see Lucan being able to do something like that.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I'm pretty sure that Starcrest is landlocked (my first Human started there once she got off the isle) with the Peat bog separating it from Nettleville.
    If it is involved, the number of Erudin's and Humans who call the place home would probably make it more of a Magical Research for said vessels rather then actual construction.
    I hope they expand the docks and add a ship under actual construction to the shipyard (maybe a counterpart to that Gnomish ship in Thurgadin?)
    Then again both the Commonlands and Antonica need larger docks now that they have actual shipping traffic going there.
    However in order to blockade Qeynos he would have to take not only the shipping lanes but the sky-lanes and block access to the Wizard Spires and Druid Ring outside of Windstalker.
    Not to mention disrupting the inter-house networks that some players set up (hmm lots of teleport networks on Norrath, makes one wonder if this is what interests the Void and the keeps most of Norrath from being dragged in with most of Erudin.)
  8. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

Lucan won't worry about Qeynos yet. All his effort personally seems to be set on finding Tayil.
    that's why he let Cristanos' bugs perform thier now zelously out of control 'Inquisition' in Longshadow, and Tayil's actions is why the factions are able to pull off these 'decrees' of Lucan's against eachother. i.e. the Academy taking the Spellbreakers from the Militia...becuae Lucan dismiss/purged his 'inner circle' of everyone in it fearing another person close to him would pull the same or a similar stunt. which has allowed the factions to basically forge his signature on things and no one can get to lucan to verify it for the most part.
    Though I think a certain dark elf has once again pulled the wool over his eyes, becuase of his blinding need to get to Tayil. even after warning him about that very thing..he shouldn't trust her.
  9. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    On a serious note, I agree that there really should be more indications of shipping around the larger cities. I wonder if it would be possible to add sprites of ship silhouettes on the horizon or sailing about on the ocean just beyond the zone boundaries?
    /em tosses yet another idea on Ttobey's desk and slowly backs away as it begins to creak under all the weight....
    And on a totally not serious note, Neriak sea gates + a horde of summoned leviathans + Qeynos = "We're going to need another Timmy!"
    (What?? It's a thread for "wild speculation!" )
  10. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

So, basically, the only thing we might see possible here are the Bloodsabers, gnolls, or Kyle Bayle.

If an attack is even the reason they revamp Qeynos. Could be that Antonia's jealous of Freeport. Doesn't wanna be one-upped, ya dig?
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Considering that it took a year and a half for Freeport to rebuild, I doubt a sudden attack on Qeynos will *INSTANTLY* rebuild the city.

...wait, let me reword that. Rebuilding efforts in Freeport didn't start until around this summer, which still means that the rebuilding took a few months. The city itself was in turmoil for a year and a half.
  12. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Queen Antonia Bayle announces that she is abdacating the throne of Qeynos to persue her life long dream of forming an all-girls band with Friona Vie, Queen Lenya Thex and Princess Saphronia. Taken by complete suprise the Councel of Ten scramble to find a new heir to the throne.
    Meanwhile Rohen Theer agrees to assist our heros in the battle against Kerafyrm. Before Rohen Theer is able to accompany us he needs various tasks completed in Norrath, Odus and the Void. During our travels in the void we find what happened to the Ethernaughts and manage to help them escape the Void.
    With Bayle wandering Norrath once again and the Councel desperate for a legitimate heir that isn't Kyle Bayle they turn to the returned Ethernaught with the offer of the throne. In a strange twist of fate Bayle inherits the throne his decendents have held for centuries. Many of the other Ethernaughts receive positions in the new court. Some of them leave to persue their own agenda.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Iskandar wrote:
    That's Fine! I Totally agree, I can see the Lighthouse with a MUCH larger docking.
    Hmm the Sea-Gate, Only if they have Dancer (Tier'Dal Greenhood-Zekk) leading the Defense of Qeynos!
    Cusashorn wrote:
    Well part of the reason is that Lucan was missing for a good portion of that time-period, and once he got back he had not only a physical mess to clean up, but a political one as well.
    Qeynos is more stable, not only that they have TWO races that love to build things, the Gnomes(Which Freeport admittedly has as well) and the Dwarves!
    Have 100 Kegs of Ale and a couple of Brell's Magic Kegs and they will build you a city in a week! ;) Or more seriously Antonican Guard or Silent Fist Support for a live event of retaking of Kaladim (Quest might change up and the loot might end up being quest rewards in the newly retaken city)
    If Qeynos ends up making an alliance with the Gnolls of Blackburrow (Orc Attack or other) They are adept at mining and would jump at the chance to learn proper tradeskills (which opens the doors to the Frostfang who also desperately need tradeskillers - I think most of their original tradekillers where the first to be slaughtered)
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah but it still took Lucan a few months to rebuild after he got back. I mean, that is when rebuilding efforts started.
  15. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

One thing ah'm not happy with New Freeport: they got rid of the Seafuries ship and replaced it with a dingy dinghy
  16. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Nngh. Orc attack/gnoll alliance is still pretty implausible. Perhaps not impossible, knowing SOE's tendency to just do things that don't make a dang lick of sense (See: Freebloods). The Deathfist would need to organize their forces to finally push out the Green Hoods, and even after that, it would take them several months to take care of their losses.

Provided Qeynos doesn't send support to the Green Hoods. But that would trigger an attack by the gnolls; weaken Qeynos a bit, and I'm certain the Sabertooths would lash out.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Ugreth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I don't think so I think it's extremely plausible, more so then the Orc's becoming a PC race. All gnolls look alike ATM because there is little Sexual Dimorphism (Same with Goblins) Orc unless they are still hiding their females seem to rely on other races females with leaders having actual harems.
    Besides, I've always been interested in the Icepaw and if they end up a neutral race having them fight the Darkpaw might raid a few eyebrows.
  18. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

I didn't mention an orc player race. <_< I just think it's implausible for the orcs, what with their leader and his heirs dead and the Green Hoods still on their land, to suddenly abandon all indications that they wanted to keep themselves in Zek and attack a well-defended city where they're incredibly unlikely to find any allies short of the giants (lol). Not to mention, again, the orcs would have to get past the Far Seas Trading Company and the Qeynosian Navy, while somehow finding a place to land on Antonica and building catapults or ballistae quick enough to push away any ships wanting to attack their landing site or destroy their own ships. At that point, the Qeynos/Antonican Guard would probably come out in force.

The Deathfist do like conquering things, but they would not appreciate the massive casualties inflicted by them attempting such an attack. They aren't blathering idiots any more, they know when they're outmatched, and they know that if they did try something like that, the Qeynosians would probably send a few brigades of soldiers to conquer Zek when the orcs' main strength (or what's left of it) is away. And I still hold by the theory that orcs keep their women hidden, because there aren't enough women of other races in orc territories to account for the massive amount of orc soldiers in Crushbone, or Zek, or Rujark, or Ry'Gorr Keep (in fact, there aren't any non-orcs in Ry'Gorr Keep). And if you say they hide their slaves, then you may as well say they hide their women, like the giants apparently have to do. (And giants are too dang big to 'infect' other races, as you believe orcs do.)
    Sure. There are half-orcs, but the only known case of a half-breed was Agtak. Seriously, go do Agtak's Hit List in Deathfist Citadel; at the end of the quest, there's a note from Emperor Fyst in Agtak's chest describing how Agtak wasn't a pureblooded orc, which can only suggest that orcs have women hidden away, most likely underground.

EDIT: Here's the note:

"I am disgraced. It is standard fare for the common orc to sire whelps that hold fast to their pitiful human traits. It is easy to cast these orcs into the slaughter, or if they're lucky, into slavery. But the sovereign bloodline cannot be tainted with such imperfection. It shames me to admit that my own flesh and blood has given in to his weaker side. He must be removed.
    -Emperor Galtak Fyst"

Now, this is pure speculation, but I believe that the Nubloods were either orcs after the throne, or half-bloods that desired a new order in orcish society, and used Agtak and that one orc in the Deathfist stables.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Perhaps new leadership for the Orcs at Deathfist, or the fact that they might also have a Priest capable of Resurrection spells might mean Fyst is alive again.
  20. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Well, that would certainly explain how you're able to go back and kill him time and time again, at least!

Though we killed the High Priest, too, I thought?