Any Wild Speculations on the Possible Lore Behind the Upcoming Qeynos Revamp?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Celline-Layonaire wrote:
    Me too!
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    I wasn't talking about game mechanics there...
  3. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    That's what I'm leaning toward, that something with Kyle Bayle will wreck part of the city before the revamp and that will drive the city to be fixed up. Would be nice to know what the heck happened to him anyways.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I just hope they add lore at all, I have yet to see anything about the Lore reason for the Qeynos revamp not even teasers.
  5. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Alternate story:
    Gnoll attack. Allied with a renewed Freeport and supported by those giant ballista cannons, the Darkpaw and Sabertooth clans strike Qeynos in a fury, smashing through the walls and quickly taking the bridges before Qeynos can destroy them. Eventually repelled with aid by New Halas and Kelethin, the dwarves of all three cities band together to rebuild the damaged city, building new structures and improving the old with superior dwarven stonework.
  6. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Aneova@Kithicor wrote:
    Yes, we know that but I don't think Marcus' turning is common knowledge. Neither is the destruction of the Freethinker's Hideout and its infiltration by Agents of Mayong.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Ugreth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Naw I want the Orcs to be the Badguys if there is a Qeynos seige, after all they have the technology for it.
    It would be an interesting image to see a Female Darpaw Ranger back to back with a Human Monk and Dwarven Templar surrounded by froathing Orcs.

(there are no female orcs, as far as I can tell, they repoduce by infecting other races-much the way Killer-bee's take over Honey Bee hives)
    Older image of mine:
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    As it is, the gnoll attack is the most likely thing to happen. The Rock/Mud/Dirtpaw gnolls nearly dug under the city and blew it up, and Fippy Darkpaw would not allow his clan to ally themselves with Qeynos after all those years and generations of Fippy-lead raids. And really, the most likely theory about orc reproduction is that the females are hidden away. Just like, you never see any female giants, but there have to be some somewhere, you know? And every gnoll model (including the one that eventually became the drolvarg) tend to lean towards masculine features, despite some of those models being depicted as females, suggesting that the gnolls have a Sarnak/Froglok/Goblin thing going on; they all look pretty much the same.

This could, of course, possibly be the same with orcs, but orcs are more like ogres, just definitely patriarchal. Perhaps the orcs are so sexist (unlike the ogres) that they specifically lock up their females for the sole purpose of breeding? There are half-blood orcs, but quests in Deathfist (Go do Prince Agtak's Hit List) show they're not the majority.

Also, read "The Orcs of Norrath" in my sig. I know in a lot of other settings, orcs tend to be (like I said before) incredibly sexist and patriarchal.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

actually maybe Fippy Darkpaw the 4th, I think it is...in Crow's resting place...member of the Unseen Hand, will finally fufill the original Fippy's desire in an assault on Qeynos from it's underbelly in the sewers/catacombs.
    But I think we'll still see Kyle Bayle as the main antagonist, in some form. and I'm hoping Murrar will make his return to the Qeynos Royal Guard as well.
  10. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    My question is: why would Fippy Darkpaw the 4th want to fight Qeynos now that he runs most of the smuggling into and out of Qeynos? While a seige could be a good business opportunity for him, a full out war isn't in his best interest. If war broke out between Qeynos and Fippy, he couldn't count on the loyalty of his men who are mostly Qeynos citizens. His network of contacts would mostly dry up because most of the criminal element are not gnolls and more likely to be pro-human. When we've seen Fippy he has been surrounded by Qeynosian supporters, without another gnoll in sight.
    Kyle Bayle could be quite interersting. Another strange possability would be Erollisi and/or Rodcet visiting Qeynos and inspiring the people to make several changes. Or we could find out that a Bertoxxulous cult has been working against Qeynos in secret and it inspires a wave of changes in Qeynos that shakes the very foundations of the city.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

that old cult from eq1 is still working in eq2. they're in an underwater hidden cave out by Windstalker.
  12. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Cocytus wrote:
    Concur. Merry Christmas.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

The gods intervening I don't think would happen mostly becuase they are all in deliberation about what to do with Rallos/Kera.
    As to Fippy, I can see him setting up for his brethren to get into the city proper through the sewers. same way a mafia boss arranges to have someone's life made miserable without personally getting involved. the gnolls get in, tear things up good, qeynos repels them, but rather then just rebuild since they don't know exactly how the gnolls got in, they improve on the city and it's defenses..just in case.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Meirril wrote:
    I concur, Gnolls attacking Qeynos would not be in the best interest of Fippy the 4th. If it's Orcs or another element I could see him making a deal with the Brell's Prophet to have an in with Qeynos.
    If he helps and ends up in the "light" At most he would have to give up (Public) Smuggling and be a "Simple Importer" of Gnollish Goods "Blackburrow Stout"
    Blackburrow itself could end up a haven for misfit Gnolls or a new Orc Stronghold with Gnoll Slaves to Rescue.
    Orcs I can see pushing an attack to prove their worth to the new Zekk deity.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I can't see the orcs hitting Qeynos. the Deathfist are mostly right on Lucan's doorstep, not Antonia...the Zek orcs under thier new Reagent (if you did prismatic 1.0) won't mobilize becuase he's more concenred with consolidating and completely conquering Zek before expanding.
    the Rujarkian orcs might give it a whirl, but if you did the Ring of Fate, you'd know they got routed when they took over Maj'dul by the Court of Blades shortly after adventurers took care of the Court of Tears.
    Crushbone is more concerned with Kelethin at the moment to worry about Qeynos which is pretty much across the world.
    and the Rygorr are either too busy freeing thier kin from Kael, or they are part of the Kael war machine that is planning to march on Skyshrine/Western Wastes.
    the three logical enemies to Qeynos is the Bloodsabers, the Blackburrow gnolls, and Kyle Bayle. or all three or any combination there of.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah, the orcs would have to travel a LONG distance just to attack Qeynos. Even they know that it's not worth the effort. Freeport is worth attacking because there are local tribes near them. Zek may be "North" of Qeynos, but it's still a large sea put between them, and the Zek orcs have no reason to attack when they still have local threats to deal with as it is.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Jaggerpine Forrest wasn't that far from Qeynos, it was close enough that people are worried about long distance weapons being aimed at Antonica and Qeynos
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

There was no defined set of distance that seperated Qeynos from Surefall Glade, how large Surefall Glade was, how far Jaggedpine Forest was from Surefall Glade, or how large Jaggedpine Forest was. It's still seperated by a Sea, and EQ2 hasn't shown any indication that any civilization has intercontinental ballistic weapons yet.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    The orcs where developing one that big old armature inside Deathfist Citadel is NOT amed at the docks, plus I was remembering the questline that had that had us destroy it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

you mean that ridiculous weighted catapult? Which I don't think was even intended to be 'intercontinental' and much as 'cross continent'. meant for use again the Greenhoods in the glade, not Qeynos. but lets say for the sake of arguement that the Deathfist want to hit Qeynos. first they have to take the docks. which they haven't been able to do yet. they don't have a really 'navy' as much as they have a few ships that like to raid others...and 6 adventurers can best a ship of orcs. (the Zek access quest)
    you really think they'd get past the Qeynos navy? and lets even say that they do. orcs and gnolls are not on friendly terms. they never have been...and I bet they really aren't after the rallosian war where they're kind was set on fire and used as suicide attackers.
    So even if they orcs sailed from Zek (the only orc empire close enough to pose any real immediate threat) after taking the dock, beating the greenhoods, constructing the navy....adn then making it past the Qeynos navy...they still have a 2 front battle when they make landfall. Blackburrow and Qeynos.
    if the gnolls still remember what happened to Opalla (the main reason Qeynos nad Blackburrow are at odds int eh first place) I promise they remember what happened the last time thier people worked with the orcs...and gnolls definately hold grudges.