<Antiquity> of Freeport. Old Content Progression.

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Antiquia, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Maxxen Member

Great group of people here. I just recently returned to this game and decided to roll a new toon on Freeport and couldn't be happier with this guild.
    Prytania likes this.
  2. RavnPyre New Member

Hey hey! it's never too late! Everyone here is very helpfull and have rerun content numerous times :)
    If your interested go take a look on http://eq2antiquity.guildportal.com and fill out an app! also you can talk to RavnPyre (Me) or Prytania! Look forward to talkin with ya :)
  3. Prytania New Member

We are currently level-locked at 75 and have just entered Kunark. For those wondering what classes we need, my answer is this: we need what you enjoy playing. The classes represented are constantly in flux - one week we are low on healers, the next week all we have are healers. So please don't make a specific class only because you think it is what we need... What we need are folks who enjoy the game and their class, and are ready to have some good times with a great group of folks ;)
  4. Melkaba New Member

Hey guys, I am quite interested in joining your guild. I am curious though, as I have an odd work schedule, what nights are you generally active? I mostly play on Thursday and Friday nights, with smatterings randomly through the week. Thanks!
  5. Deviron New Member

My question is are there any class needs?
  6. Elemond New Member

Wednesday and Saturday nights are usually the busiest. Friday is good also.
  7. Elemond New Member

Deviron, We are not seeking out anything in particular atm, but could use some DPS and Tankage.
  8. Cykonecro New Member

We are currently level capped at level 75 and preparing to explore the Kunark content... I am very excited about this as Kunark is my favorite expansion with lots of things to do and some challenging zones! ... cant wait to start our first raids there!!!
  9. Elemond New Member

We've finished up EoF and have moved into Kunark. Level max is 80 and our first Kunark raid is scheduled for 6/21. It's never too late to join in the fun!
  10. RavnPyre New Member

11. Elemond New Member

We're still going strong! Finished clearing up Veeshan's Peak this weekend (Maybe you saw all of our epic weapon server spam?). Another run through VP and we'll be taking on Trak and moving to the TSO raids. Interested? Find a recruiter in game and send us a tell!.
  12. Amianna New Member

This just became a not so great to join guild. The guild leader (after being away from the game for months) booted every member without a single word.
  13. Prytania New Member

The doors of Antiquity have closed, however, the people and principles of Antiquity have regrouped in Carpe Jugulum (Freeport server, guild level 40 and rising fast). The people are what made Antiquity great and now make Carpe Jugulum even greater, while the principles unite us in a common vision and purpose. We are a family-friendly community that excels at having a great time while accomplishing all that we set out to do. We remain a progression guild, taking our time through each expansion to enjoy all the fantastic content that EQ2 has to offer. Currently we are entering The Shadow Odyssey and are level-locked at 80. If this thread piqued your interest in Antiquity, then Carpe Jugulum is what you are looking for.
    Amianna likes this.
  14. Prytania New Member

Please see our new thread, Carpe Jugulum on Freeport Server (formerly Antiquity)
  15. Prytania New Member

I have been asked for a history of Antiquity as I know it. If you are curious about my experience with and knowledge of Antiquity, read on.

Antiquity: Four-ish years ago, the first Antiquity that I am aware of began on the Freeport server. It was a great concept and from what I have heard, a great guild. People LOVED it and the great leader (Hojou?Valorius? I do not know his toons from this era) .... until however much time it takes to get a guild to lvl 47, when, without warning or explanation, he kicked everyone out, locked the guild hall doors, and disappeared.

Antiquity 2.0: Last December he re-appeared as Valisto/Valmetus/Antiquia, reopened the doors, and I was one of the earliest members of the revived Antiquity. I LOVED Antiquity and I hero-worshipped Val.

Antiquity 2.5: This spring, he left game and made me leader, to carry on Antiquity in his absence. It was really hard at first, there was a mass exodus of members at that time, and it took about a month to build the guild back up to a thriving community that took Antiquity through 4 expansions and attained guild level lvl 95 plus supplying Antiquity with mass amounts of tradeskill mats, Master Spells, Fabled gear, thousands of plat and a mind-boggling amount of status. Roughly 90% of Carpe Jugulum members are from this era.
    Around August, Val returned to game, not as Val, but as an old, old alt that no one knew. Those of us who knew Val, though, recognized the alt as him right away, so he resumed his role of leadership in earnest - until September 19, when he kicked everyone out without warning or explanation.
    Carpe Jugulum already existed for years as a home for Bursar and I's alts and had just acquired a guild hall, so we all found each other and joined Carpe Jugulum that very night. Not CJ 2.0, but CJ realized as an actual guild (CJ has always only been Burs and I, not really a guild, but a precursor to one).

Antiquity 3.0: Barely more than 2 months later, Val has returned and reopened the doors to Antiquity. He is recruiting, even attempting to lure members from Carpe Jugulum . I thought he and I were friends; I believed in him (tellingly, during the Antiquity 2.5 era, a member from the original Antiquity shared these exact same sentiments with me). Now, I don't know what to believe - except believing in the Carpe Jugulum community. This is the guild I always wanted to belong to, without knowing if it really existed somewhere. I know I have said that before, but I am still in complete awe over the reality of our existence =)
  16. Antiquia New Member

17. Antiquia New Member

18. Valisto New Member

19. Antiquia New Member

20. Antiquia New Member