Another day of server log in issues?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkbladez, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Darkbladez New Member

Hello All,
    I don't have issues logging in, EXCEPT when it's obvious there are other people having the same issue and they end up doing 'schedule maintenance' or resets.
    So, having said that, anyone else have problems today getting onto the game servers? I get through Launchpad without a problem on 2 accounts that I've tried, but when I try to get on either the Skyfire or Halls of Fate server, it just fails to log in.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Servers are down for the regular weekly patch.

I had no issues at all before the patch, FYI. Got in no issues and played until it was time for the downtime.
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's tues, so maint, even if they didn't announce it in the forums. it was spammed in game before it went down.
  4. claudia6913 Active Member

Yep, can't log in - but no information on a patch on servers.
  5. TastyDianna Member

I was able to play in Fallen Gate until 35 minutes ago, suddenly got Disconnected and now can't log in. The main site shows the servers are all up, the launcher says the 'Last Response' from all the servers was 30 minutes ago.
    I heard they were planning on name releasing today, so maybe that's causing the issues ?...
  6. Twizle Member

Cant log into Maj'dul either get the message that the servers are busy and try again in a few minutes
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

how did you not see the spam every 15 mins for 2 hours? it going down at 7pst on tues and possibly thurs, has been standard for at least a few years...
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, it's probably like Finora said, probably just the weekly maintenance stuff. Still, would've been nice to TELL us, considering last week's was a bit odd... :-/

Uwk
    Zgragy likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not everyone had been in since 5 am PST (and there are brand-new players). :D

And those of us who were, were knee-deep in decorating... :-/

Uwk
    really, really CRUCIAL, tetchy decorating spot... >:-/
    Zgragy likes this.
  10. claudia6913 Active Member

Because I wasn't online and didn't even attempt to get on until like 5 min ago?
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

I just want to know how to shut off the spam! it's annoying.
  12. TastyDianna Member

I didn't see it because this is my first character I created. I basically made her 40ish mins ago. Played for 10 minutes and got DC ^^
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, yes. At least on Thurgadin, it's mercifully brief: usually once at 2 hours, then 1 hour, then 0.5 hour, then 15 minutes, then more often.

On US, it's like every 15 minutes since 5 am. :-/

Uwk
    Zgragy and Ceyllynn like this.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

oh and Claudia, I clearly wasn't referring to you... since you weren't playing, but to the persons who were in game and are suddenly surprised the game goes poof. they spam every 15 mins for 2 hours, and then spam an additional 2 or 3 times for the last couple of mins.
    Zgragy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Charmaine Active Member

Forgot it was Tuesday, lol. I hope TastyDianna is right about name releasing today. I would like my name to be released from the ZZ hostage situation, lol. But for realsies, someone should update the server status page. Many of us rely on that rather than dumb luck to get logged in on Tuesdays =P. Thanx!
  16. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Looking at how long the server has been down it sure seems to be a standard DT. No notice given that I know of, but I logged off before they start with warning bell
  17. claudia6913 Active Member

Gotcha - and yeah, I'm familiar with the spam. :confused:

So usually I come here to find out what's the what before poking the DB beast - but it was so unusually bereft of information.
  18. Grimjak Member

What messes with me is that occasionally they DON'T have maintenance on a Tuesday so when I check server status and it show's "up" on all servers and no patch notes or maintenance alerts on the forums (which I checked before attempting to log in at 7:10 pacific) I think that today might be one of those days.
    NOPE.
    Thanks for keeping us informed Daybreak.
    If only there were some sort of place that you could keep your player base informed on what's going on with your games. Someplace, perhaps, that you own and run. If only such a thing existed.
  19. TastyDianna Member

Me and my luck.. the moment I decide to try this game and make my character - even pay for subscription ... no more than 10 minutes of play and maintenance ... Guess they stopped announcing that moments before I joined, otherwise I'd see it. Also it's 17:40 here in Europe.. Prime time for start of gaming
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yeah I checked before logging in, and right on time at 8 am my time the spam started and I was checking the notes since I am mainly on fg right now and I want to see the xp fixed... I really want to know how to shut the spam off.