Ancient spells..where do these drop?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Enigma, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Enigma Active Member

Are these going to only drop for high end raiders that will do the four new avatars or are they just super rare drops? Can a dev confirm this :)?
  2. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

I have yet to see one. Also none of my grandmasters can be upgraded to ancient via the spell research guy. Did I miss something?
  3. Ragna Well-Known Member

Ancient spells were announced to be "drop only" and can't be researched.
    Ajjantis and Kalderon like this.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

5. Gninja Developer

Arieste and Calthine like this.
  6. Arieste Well-Known Member

Right. Because there is no way that items could be in the game but have something preventing them from dropping. That NEVER happens. ;)
    Charlice, Wurm, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  7. Gninja Developer

Your skill at snark has increased (345)

Nah the ancient spells are just super rare and are less rare on the higher difficulty stuff which hasn't been killed yet :)

The mercs were hooked up and could drop. They weren't being blocked from dropping they were being made more rare than they should have been.
    Wintir and Mathafern like this.
  8. Lethlian Active Member

Well technically speaking if none have dropped, there still by *technicality* not in game...just saying ;P
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

Actually my snark has been capped for a long time now :) But i honestly wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Just sayin that even with REALLY REALLY REALLY rare items, it's still pretty odd that not a single one has dropped worldwide in a month. Unless they only drop from certain harder content that hasn't been killed.
  10. Arieste Well-Known Member

I'll elaborate a bit more constructively. So far, none have dropped worldwide.

Let's make assumption #1: they're working as intended.
    Let's make assumption #2: stuff they drop from is actually being killed. (my assumption here is that they are a worldwide random drop or heroic boss drop or something)
    Let's make assumption #3: first one drops within the next week. (this is because we can't really do any math with ZERO drops).

So.. based on that math, the entry rate of ancient spells would be approx 1 per month. Meaning that by the time this expac is over, there will be a worldwide total of 12 ancient spells.

If this is your intended entry rate for ancients, cool. If it's not, you may want to look into it. I mean, you guys know what you want to happen, we don't. We just know what IS happening and comment based off of that limited information.

At this point, I can't even afford to GM my masters, so it's rather early to care about Ancients.
    Charlice and Feldon like this.
  11. Ranga Active Member

They are on the same loot table as Advanced Adornments 11....
  12. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Eh right now raids are still figuring the fights out, the drop count will increase as more raids get more raid mobs on farm status.
  13. Arieste Well-Known Member

This assumes that ancient spells drop from raids and only from the harder ones - because everything T1 & T2 is on farm since week 2. Previously the developers stated that raids aren't balanced around having ancients, so I assumed they would be a global drop and not raid-related. I could totally be wrong, but that is why i stated that assumption in my post.
  14. Jodiph Active Member

What's the over/under on the next patch causing ancient spells to suddenly be disco'ed en masse?
    Wirewhisker and Feldon like this.
  15. Endymion Developer

Oh, oh, can I play?
    Gaealiege likes this.
  16. Wintir Active Member

The Ancient Spells were carried off by the evil Wandering Skeletons. You know, the ones that trigger the Sustaining Bloody Souls of Kithcor quest on a regular basis :cool:
    Kalderon, Wirewhisker, Ranga and 2 others like this.
  17. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I expect the Ancient spells to be as rare as Ethereals so I've already put them on ignore because I know I'll never see one. Well, except when they drop for other people.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Azomonas Active Member

Kinda feel the same way. No ancient spell has been discovered at any tier. Either the drop late is zero...or it closely approximates it for all intents and purposes.
    Wirewhisker and Feldon like this.
  19. Crychtonn Active Member

They probably drop off the Avatars no one bothers killing anymore :rolleyes:
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  20. Alejo Member

Are ancient spells only 96+?