Altar of Malice articles

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Iadien, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

This thread is rather out-of-date. A ton of information has subsequently been released, as well as an episode of EQ2 Insider which answered many more questions. All of this information can be found at EQ2Wire.com.

Also I have also posted videos of the first two Q&A panels and the complete EQ2 Keynote (the official video lacks the first 10 minutes). I'm just back from vacation and am working hard on producing the Art & Animation panel as well as several player panel videos! Please note that I didn't get any compensation from SOE or go on any kind of press tour -- I do this all myself with just the revenue from ad impressions and visits.
    cellinaire and Shmogre like this.
  2. Arieste Well-Known Member

My issue is not with the Isle of Refuge house being released. My issue is with it being the vet reward. As you say - many people have talked about and wanted this for years. And I agree 100% with SOE making it available. But... there already is a veteran's reward house. We got it for (i think) 7-year reward. So, this house should have been released via a different avenue - maybe via in-game Loyalty tokens or as the SE Add-on to the new expac or just via regular SC purchase.

I've absolutely nothing against the house. I'm thrilled (for the people that like houses) that it's being added to the game. But, just like there are people who like houses, there are people who find houses useless. Especially when we already have a veteran house. So, I don't like getting a 2nd veteran house. Just like i wouldn't like getting a 2nd veteran Merc or (yet another) veteran title.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

For this particular year, it's the perfect reward, as we go back to where everything started. Can you think of anything else to be the reward for this year? What should be next?
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  4. Arieste Well-Known Member

• Trophies of the Veteran - Appearance-only versions of Aeteok and Exonus, wieldable by all classes would be nice and appropriate to finally completing the 10-yr-old questline.
    • Essence of the Veteran - reusable item that summons a no-trade weapon essence that can be use to give your weapons a cool particle effect only available this way.
    • Resolve of the Veteran - reusable item (30min reuse) that clears your own rez effects - including those from reviving.
    • Spirit of the Awakened One - item that upgrades your original Prismatic weapon into one with a much cooler and unique new graphic.
    • Infernal Smith - In light of your service to Nagafen and your defeat of Kerafyrm, you've earned the services of Keortor Talyse, the weaponsmith. (24hr reuse) - summons Keortor Talyse for 5 minutes. Keortor Talyse will reforge weapons for you (only you).

Those just things off the top of my head.. i'm sure given like a year, i can come up with many more. And hey, plushies or talking statues of Kerafyrm and Nagafen would be totally welcome too, but that's small stuff.
    Malleria likes this.
  5. mouser Well-Known Member

We've already got tons of appearance changing options in the game, even more via SC and LoN. Anything that actually makes a gameplay difference, like clearing rez effects, will get whined at by those who don't have them (this is why we can't have nice things - remember when the harvesting goblins were good for the first week? Long threads whining they were getting too many rare roots. Too ... Many ... Rares. So SOE obliged and nerfed the little guys back to the Stone Age).

This is the perfect vet reward. Newer players have no idea what Isle of Refuge even was. Older players have missed it ever since they moved everyone to the 'conveyer belt' starting areas. They've already put Mistmoore Crags up on the Loyalty Merchant. Hopefully they'll wait a few years before putting this one on there as well (and make it cost more than a handful of tokens).
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

All excellent ideas.

I personally am really looking forward to the Isle of Refuge house. But I agree that it should be acquired some other way, and that any of the above would be much better options. Except maybe the infernal smith, since I don't reforge my weapons that often :p Make him repair, and buy vendor junk, and it'd be good!
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

What is more perfect for a 10th anniversary, a full decade (which is quite a milestone for a MMOG) than the house version of the original spawning point for all players for the first few years? Particularly when that zone is gone. (being rebuilt and reborn, but not the same... spider bears? o.0) I'd have thought the original griffon would be a good item, but they don't have a walk animation, so they are a no-go as a mount.
    The items you listed would be alright, but 10th anniversary needs something that means something special and nostalgic, which came up pretty frequently when the tank mercs were announced as the 10 year vet reward.
    Feedback those for the 11 or 12 year vet rewards. /shrug
  8. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Woot! Art & Animation panel :D thx a ton Feldon and love eq2wire hehe.
  9. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

And suddenly, I am just noticing the destroyed tower lol..poor Mages. This is why they can never EVER have nice things.
  10. That guy. Well-Known Member

Let's not even get started on the fact that 7 year vets get a "reward" ( Mistmoore Crags ) any first month newbie can get off the loyalty vendor (30 points ).

As far as the Island Refuge goes, it doesn't really matter which way they give it out. Be thankful they didn't decide to sell it like they did the new race that they used to increase interest in the new expansion, before finally revealing it would have to be bought separately.

Give it time, and soon you'll be paying SC to "unlock" any vet "rewards" you earn.
  11. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Okay, people really need to knock it off with the Aerakyn thing lol. That was a clear case of misinformation, even the people who reported it admitted they hadn't gotten the full information and had inappropriately placed it in the Expansion content section >.>
  12. Skroink New Member

Does anyone happen to know when the beta will be available for us all to play?
    Been dying to play this new expac for awhile ever since I read articles and heard all about it, it might actually reignite my interest in the game again
  13. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

All-Access Members will be allowed into a semi-open beta testing the week of October 7th. This will apparently be a test primarily involving overworld content, so I assume dungeons/advanced solos and the like will be sealed off during this testing.

All players, f2p or otherwise, will be allowed into a full open beta the week of October 14th. Nothing special was mentioned about this one.