Altar of Malice articles

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Iadien, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Iadien Active Member

2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I am excited more than I expected to be. New races are always fun, and I love the fact that we are getting an Isle of Refuge home! The confirmation of cross-server dungeon finder is exciting (even though I'm still very skeptical about this as we've been waiting for a functional dungeon finder for so long). Overall, I'm pretty excited about this expansion. Looking forward to more details.
  3. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Wow, so the isles of refuse make it back... kudos SOE well done I must say... now where do I put my money? I'm tossing it at the screen but nothing is happening!
    Griffon Lady, Qixil and Feara like this.
  4. aspekx Well-Known Member

"Other news coming out of the interview included the news that 10-year veterans of the game will receive a free Isle of Refuge prestige home, complete with a starter population pack."
    Rhodris likes this.
  5. aspekx Well-Known Member

"and a new playable race: the Aerakyn"
    Xillean likes this.
  6. aspekx Well-Known Member

"With the new expansion, players will see not only the level cap increasing to 100, but also the tradeskill level would go to 100, and guilds can also level to 100. Altar of Malice will feature 14 heroic zones, 6 raids, 6 advanced solo zones, 2 contested zones, 2 overlands, 4 new avatars of the gods..."
    Xillean likes this.
  7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Grandmaster level for all abilities... interesting.... new TS apprentices.
    Feara likes this.
  8. Arieste Well-Known Member

TY for posting!

- Expac sounds HUGE - yay!
    - Selling top tier loot on merchant for plat - meh.
    - Aerakyn - don't care. hope they animate them better than they did sarnaks.
    - Grandmaster spells/new ancient spells - want to know more. (also, if all spells will be grandmaster, are we going to get some other custimization perk, to replace the grandma choice?)
    - Level agnostic dungeons - will be interesting how this works given gear differentials. A "mentored down" level 50 is vastly different from a "true" level 50 given today's mechanics.
    - 100 prestige points - yay. can't wait. but.. need more than 3 AA templates for sure now!
    - 10-year-reward - man, another useless house as vet reward. we already got a vet reward house, don't need a second. wish they just put those things on marketplace for those that want more. would have been nice to get something different. I mean, it's ok to get ONE vet house, but not multiples.
    cellinaire and Xillean like this.
  9. Xillean Well-Known Member

Its things like the isle of refuge that restores my faith in SOE. I am not a 10 year vet yet (3 years to go) but that seriously made me happy for our 10 year vets more then I can say. The rest of it sounds amazing to me, I for one certainly prefer huge expacs and dont really mind if we dont get very big updates throughout the year.
    Rhodris, Qixil and Feara like this.
  10. Xillean Well-Known Member

Would have been nice if they added different merc choices for you guys. Like healer version or scouts. But I understand not all want that house, in fact im surprised, with how often that particular one is asked for I was expecting it to be sold. But still its not like they are taking away the current 10 year mercs right? your just getting the house on top of it from the sounds of it.

Like I said I understand you and probably many others dont care for getting the house, I think it would be neat for them to have a chose your 10 year reward which had the mercs, the house, and some other cool things for you guys like a mount or something and you could chose what you wanted.

Or get it all, 10 years is a long time to play a game.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  11. Iadien Active Member

I've had a character logged onto isle of refuge for years. Although, I haven't been able to log on him for over a year, because the zone is down. I will certainly use the new isle of refuge home.
    Qixil and Feara like this.
  12. Arieste Well-Known Member

We already had a merc vet reward also, so i don't want another of those either. I just think they should make unique items for vet rewards. I'm cool having a vet house (even thouhg i don't use) and i'm cool having a vet merc (whcih i also don't use) - because tehre are OTHER people that may use those things and it's something unique and different. I just don't like the idea of getting a second vet house. Give us something else.. idk, a vet pet illusion or vet appearance weapon collection.. basically anything that we haven't already got as a vet reward.
    Xillean likes this.
  13. Feara Well-Known Member

It's all cool :cool: . The Team rocks! We have the best team ever.

Come on November.
    Breanna, Rhodris and Xillean like this.
  14. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I trully hope that cross-server dungeon finder will work. This is pretty much the only thing I am looking forward in a new expansion. And I hope new dungeons will be available to chose from the list right away.
  15. Deago Well-Known Member

Regarding the articles: If all is well then kudos to the dev team for thinking outside the normal mmorpg box.

Keep the 10 year vet mercs in tip top condition please as they should be the best.

Collectors edition mercenary should be a healer. The only reason is because the 10 years are tanks so why not toss in the option for a healer with the pot/cb of the 10 year?

Anyway looks to be great!

Now add in that Rivervale is being retaken from the Jum Jum Jelly Jester and it would amazing...j/k :p

Looks as if Xelgad is conjuring up some new algorithms for mentoring/teaming. Hope it works out smoothly! Cheers.
  16. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Any news on the perks of ordering the collectors version of the expansion? We got a prestige home and the merc and mount with tov, so im curious what aom will bring. Overall it sounds like a super cool new expansion! I'm looking forward to any and all news!
    Xillean likes this.
  17. Arieste Well-Known Member

What was "out of the box" about the annoucement? I mean, it sounds like an awesome expac with tons of content.. but nothing that i'd call "out of the box", did i miss something?
  18. Arieste Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, did they say that the Isle of Refuge is going to be a 10-yr reward? Does that mean we're still waiting for the 11-yr reward to be announced? Because the mercs last year were the 10-yr reward... if this is some separate 10-yr thing, then i idc what it is.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I wondered about that as well. Sorta surprised the isle is only for ten year rewards, I would think that place would've sold like mad in the sc store. Grats to those getting the isle though, I look forward to seeing what great deco happens there!
  20. Feara Well-Known Member

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/8808/page/1

We were also informed that it was not likely that SOE would do preorders for the expansion, their intention was to simply have it available for players to immediately purchase and play. While all the goodies haven't been locked down for buying the Collector's Edition, the notion of a mount, perhaps a housing item, or a mercenary.
    Avahlynn likes this.