Alright solo peeps, quick question

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Celestia, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

Okay, so I solo all the time. I've maybe gotten 3 fabled pieces in all the time I have soloed, so my question to all the well geared solo players out there is:

How do you get Mythical and Fabled gear? Do you guys go to the free trade server and back? Is there a merchant I am missing? I have a ton of purple coins, am I supposed to be using those to get better gear?

I have pretty much all legendary gear, so I'm curious. (Well, or mastercrafted.)

What am I missing?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

You can no longer transfer off the Free trade server. Den and Kurns solo drops fabled gear. As did the summer zones for Tinkerfest, Scorched Sky, and Ocenasfull. You can definitely buy upgrades from Corpselynn in Little Town in FG using the Obol Obscura.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and tasnee like this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thanks! Although, I missed all the holiday stuff, darn. I appreciate the help!

I feel stupid asking, but what is Den?
  4. Celestia Well-Known Member

Nevermind, found it
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you've been earning the purple Obol coinage, then Corpsolynne in Forlorn Gist has gear upgrades for you.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

sigh* I get to the portal lady named and DIE every single time. It must be my gear. She summons way too many bats at once that I can hardly even click the lever
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You might try looking at the VoV Gear Guide for info on how to gear up.
  8. Celestia Well-Known Member

I will give it another looks thanks Sig
  9. Celestia Well-Known Member

Update: I only have 88 purple coins. Maybe I’ll just wait till the next expansion comes out and start from there.
  10. Maviarab Active Member

This. assuming there will be a new Tishan's lockbox with gear far better than you already have. Honestly, if you spent any time grinding the festival instances, the vast majority of the Obol gear is not an upgrade so pointless grinding for them, and as a solo player, you're unlikely to get anything better unless you have the plat to buy stuff raiders are selling. But then that really is overkill for a solo player.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

Honestly I didn’t think you could buy anything that is an upgrade anyway because of the stupid heirloom thing.
  12. vlada Active Member

since when is 390R gear bought with obols not an upgrade?
  13. Maviarab Active Member

And exactly how long does it take to get that...given you have to buy an item (which isn't an upgrade over festival instance stuff, or is only a few resolve which is not worth the effort imo when I looked) in order to exchange for the 390 stuff?

And that is overkill for a solo player, unless you really want the best you can possibly get your hands on and don't mind spending your entire waking life getting it. That may have been fine a week after the expansion hit, but so close to the new expansion....
  14. Celestia Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed it takes 300 of them for ONE piece, which is a bit much to me. For people who have lives and can’t play all the time, it’s a bit unfair to ask for that amount in my opinion.
  15. Spritza New Member

The grind sucks, nobody denies that. However, well geared and experienced players spend far less time in content than casuals, allowing more out of game time for "lives" as you put it.
  16. Celestia Well-Known Member

Been playing on and off for as long as the game has been out. Missed a few expansions here and there, but I know how to play my classes. I just don’t have time for all the heroics and such because I’m not on that often and I don’t want to waste people’s time trying to help me catch up. I wish they put better gear in solos than they do though. And if you DO get an exquisite box, it’s always filled with merc gear. So I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a little less currency requirement. /shrug
  17. Spritza New Member

Again, the grind sucks. Nobody is saying it doesn't. At the same time, what does a solo player need gear thats better than any raid drop for from a stat viewpoint when these zones are clearable wearing 13/21 slots, no merc/fam/mount buff? I know they are because I did them the day I came back to game.

Blaming "time" is a copout. We all get the same number of hours in a day. You prioritize different things. Why should you have things those that spent the time earning it do? Should I have access to whatever you spend your time in? Whether thats money, a family, another hobby?
    Maviarab likes this.
  18. Celestia Well-Known Member

Whoa, you're coming off as a little steamed, didn't mean to piss you off or anything. BUT, if not coin gear, I would like to see them fix the loot boxes - which is NOT too much to ask. Getting merc gear in an exquisite is stupid and nothing will change my mind there.

As for time, I guess real life is more important to me than sitting at a computer ALL DAY EVERY DAY trying to get coins just for better gear. NO, its not a cop out. people have real lives. Doctor appts, kids, work, college, etc.

So telling me that the grind sucks? yes, I get that it does, it's not that my time is more valuable than yours at all. I would like to see it improved for everyone, so that the grind DOESN'T suck as much. Sorry that bothers you.

Edit: I don't NEED mythical gear/ I don't. I just wondered mainly how to get it. Because I can't do all of Merchants Den solo by myself. And I did miss some holidays and such, so it would be nice if people had more options, I guess is my point.
  19. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, you can also yell out to the server for someone who might be willing to run the solos with you.
    tasnee likes this.
  20. Celestia Well-Known Member

This is true. Thank you for pointing that out, and for not being sucky about it
    Mercychalice likes this.