Alberich the Wise mount?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Glassjaw, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Glassjaw Active Member

Where is this mount from?

\aITEM 1188058050 1465652887:Alberich the Wise\/a
  2. Katanallama Well-Known Member

faction merchant... 300,000,000 status and 2100p. Or, a bag of random status items has a rare chance to give it, which is probably how someone got it already.
  3. Glassjaw Active Member

Haha! So it now only requires time and currency to obtain the equivalent of an end game mount!

What is itemization coming to?
    Livejazz, Feldon and Bril147 like this.
  4. Derfel Active Member

I don't even want to think about how much it takes to get 300 million status. My 2 main characters have a little over 30 mil between them and I've been here since launch (heroic, not raid).
  5. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Well, 300 million status.... So I'd imagine a LOT of time. There's a random chance to get it and other nifty things off of the random status item pouch for like 32,500 status and 1p, might as well try your luck like I am, got 60 mil status to burn *shrug*
    Livejazz likes this.
  6. balzor Active Member

Totally agree that giving a better than raid mount for status is just plain ol insulting, but............. 300 million status? Who honestly has that? That is a lifetime of status for a mount that will probably be outdated in 4 months, thats like 5 years of status......... noone is going to buy it. Maybe the random chance from the bags is high enough that someone can get it for cheaper but I'd hazard its about 1/2100.

IMO the mount off the status merchant should be equivalent to the heroic Veldrak mount and for say 20-30 million.
  7. Chronus Active Member

This thing is so blatantly overpowered, especially for sorcerers. I imagine I'll be buying those crates for hours when the update hits splitpaw.
  8. balzor Active Member

my friend bought 150 million status worth of the bags and didnt get it, soooooooooooooooooooo be careful!
  9. Kinya Active Member

Only 9 toons in EQ2 currently have this amount of status... 9!

I could understand if this mount would cost 100mln - still not everyone would get it but 310mln? Really SOE?
    There is only 1 toon on Splitpaw which has 207mln status...
    Tariya, Mindsway and Feldon like this.
  10. Hammdaddy Active Member

And druids, the fact that i would trade my raid mount for a mount that is made for botters is honestly insane.
  11. Gninja Developer

It is not the best mount in game. There are better mounts out there.
  12. Hammdaddy Active Member

Wrong, its easily the best for mages,priests,fighters now a good way of solving this is to either
    A) Make Fitzpitzle drop a ground mount with the same stats as this mount
    B) Make raid mobs drop a Significant more amount of status as this is the best mount and the best mount should be used to fight the hardest mobs in game?
    C) Remove the ability mod component and add it to the mount from GE or Bristlebane mount.
  13. Glassjaw Active Member

It's a very solid mount for specific classes and it's a little demoralizing that it has stats on par with end game raid obtained mounts. Sure, it's not at all easy to get and requires a lot of status or luck with the random bag but where does this fall into the risk vs. reward category? Raid obtained end game mounts don't just require time as this mount does. They require effort, ability and the coordination of the raid force. Without those things there is no obtaining those mounts. And now we have Aslan up for sale with par stats.
  14. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Which mount is better than Alberich?

Sarusaar the Deathbringer: Requires a complete clearing of Wing 1 and 2 and completing the Achievement of killing all bosses to unlock the quest that rewards you with this mount.

[IMG]

Gnawed Meaty Bone: Requires a couple of kills of the "Fail Once, Try Again Next Week" encounter in Wing 3.

[IMG]

Alberich the Wise: Based entirely on luck in a random reward bag to receive this mount, since not one single player in this game has 300 Million Status Points saved up since the game came out in 2004. The people who have won this mount have already confirmed they won it by pure Luck.

[IMG]

By that alone, we can clearly see how Alberich is currently the best mount in game for a Mage and any other class that favors Ability Mod over Flurry. Alberich is has higher stats than the mount received in Wing 1 and 2 of ToV as well. There is no other mount in the game that is better than Alberich currently, unless there's one that comes from Tarinax and it will take time before we get there since the 4th boss in FDT is completely broken atm.
    Kraeref likes this.
  15. Chronus Active Member

So there's a new mount, probably from Tarinax which we haven't seen yet, cool. Because it straight up trashes the Zlandicar quest mount and the Bristlebane mount for warlocks. Also burnt 25 million status today and nothing but signets, feelsbadman.
  16. Laserbeak Member

I mean.. to me as a raiding warlock, and I could say as a former necro.. (and maybe even my assasin..) Id enjoy the HUGE boost in ab mod.... So to me...Its best in slot by far, Gninja...What bothers me.. is this favors people with multiple accounts... but lets be real... it would take over a month, 8 hours a day to get 300mill status...Just doesn't seem right... I would suggest granting additional (if there is any at all on raid mobs, it must be not much) status for raid mob kills...Or this weekend (being holiday) or a few weekends... do triple status. or something..Cuz.. it seems a bit unattainable for people who mostly just have time to raid. and Enjoy the end game...But not have access to the end game mount... :\
  17. balzor Active Member

I warned you!
    Chronus likes this.
  18. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Question: How does this favor people with multiple accounts?

I ask simply because I have multiple accounts, and haven't figured out any way in which that helps me. You clearly have something in mind.... ;)
  19. GabenBison Active Member

The icing on the cake will be that by the time the next expansion comes out this in 4 months, this mount will probably be obsolete

lol
  20. GIndotto Well-Known Member

If you have multiple accounts you could win the mount on some no-nothing toon and not be able to trade it, but laugh at everyone else who doesn't have one! Mwoohahaha! That's the advantage!

But on the real, how does this benefit multiple account holders I missed something somewhere too.....? If it was fully trade-able (like not even Heirloom) then maybe I could see it, but the mount is ****** loot rules even for 1 account let alone multiple lol.