Age of Dead Alts

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ColdPlaya, Aug 4, 2017.

1. ColdPlaya New Member

The ability to build groups is dying off here, I have gotten less PUG's than ever since i been playing this game. Many Many people say the same thing, you need alot to run the new content but most alts don't have all the Pre-req stuff to get epics ect..what they need. I Made a brand new character and was going to level it up and see what all i needed for the epic. After filtering though pages and pages of old usless content i would have to go back and do, it would take so long to get everything it would be obsolete by the time i finished getting what it needs. I personally think someone miscalculated what people was saying by making old content valid, THIS was NOT the way to do it, yet just another huge fail. So needless to say i just deleted the character and im stuck with 2 characters i can actually play in current content, all my other toons will sit and rot because some people just don't play Eq2 24 hours a day. Most of the content is solo as well not sure what path of self destruction the game is heading, but this xpac seems to be the most poorly designed and planed out i have ever seen. Again Building the game around a handful of High end raiders and giving the shaft to the casual players who like to group-swap-n-group,in the few hours in the evening they get to play.
    I guess the point im making is that the Pre-requirements for updating current content items should have been done away with, or at least on alts if completed on one Character. The Current Baubles do not do anywhere near enough for people to catch up. Faction is only a small portion of the required content. Past expansions entire sig heritage quests lines should never be required for alts as they are used as group role fillers when needed. The same goes with old outdated Heirloom tags on items that should have been done away with a decade ago.
  2. Medicinal Active Member

My TLE alts are doing just fine. I mean, exp is super slow on FG and SH is dead but epic 2.0's are a really long way away so I'm not worried. Is there some other reason why you posted this in the TLE section?
  3. Ashandra Well-Known Member

There's way to much preqs to do for alts to finish the weapon lines whole sig lines of mind numbing quests is brutal.

This is posted where it should be under General not TLE forum?.
    Feldon and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Thread was originally posted in TLE, was moved here. Mods should really comment when they move things...
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

My inquisitor is now almost 2 weeks old and I will have my epic momentarily, given the item I need drops before the 20th time running this damn ossuary zone. Mayhaps you are all lazy?
    Mathafern likes this.
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

You do realize that you can skip factions once you complete 1 epic 2.0 per account, right? Only exception is the fighter JW factions but that is a 2h-3h timeline tops.

For as long as it takes people to hit level 9 ascension, people COULD be doing pre-reqs but most choose to devalue their time to come whine on forums about OLD quests.
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

That's sweet that a handful of hardcore players can grind mind numbing old Sig lines and old heroics 20+ Times per alt. It was exhausting on my main; when I looked at my other 25 toons on my main server alone, I couldn't fathom repeating the process for my pally. Oh I will eventually, as he is my favorite on that account. But the faction bauble for alts is a joke. It eliminates, what? 25% of the old time sinks from prior xpacs? Is it not enough to just ask us to do the boring, trivial, old, easy time sink aspects only once per server per account? If it were up to me, once u did the thing In It's Entirety, that account would be flagged, and alts would only have to do the new content. The dialogue, plot, New mobs, crafting, etc. All old quests,factions, heroics that most people can solo, could be skipped. What are we proving by doing the altar of malice timeline 26 times? Or ossuary 20x per alt? Nothing. Other than if you do that, you have way too much free time.
    StaticLex, wiouxev2, Tekka and 5 others like this.
  8. Nelie Well-Known Member

People have cried and cried about having to do all pre-reqs for alts and Daybreak adds in a factionless bauble for alts to make it easier and you are still ungrateful? wow

I suppose the 30-50 free potency tithe isnt enough either, is it?

Oh and everyone by now should have TONS of the Rile currencies so alts should have unlimited XP pretty much for ascension leveling...but I guess that isnt good enough for you.

Yep, alts are sure dead and NOT A DAMN THING Daybreak has done, huh?
    Milchbart, Mathafern and Snikkety like this.
  9. Castegyre Well-Known Member

They wouldn't have had to make band-aids for people to get around the problem if they would not have created the situation to begin with.
    StaticLex, Crastinal, Azian and 10 others like this.
  10. Nelie Well-Known Member

I agree that the system isn't the greatest that they put out but lets just focus on the negatives still instead of seeing how they fixed some things to make alts viable again. Looks like they listened to the community on some things and fixed it. Would you rather they not have done anything like the factionless bauble, free potency tithe, and free ascension xp for alts? Oh, lets not forget come Tuesday, free level 5 for alts so you don't have to wait to start the epic 2.0....might be band-aids and i agree too that it shouldnt of been this way but at least look at it as they are trying to move in the right direction in fixing what they didn't do right instead of not doing a damn thing about it.
    Majesty likes this.
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

+1

Agree completely - it often amazes me the amount of time/grind that HC players have to devote to this type of play.

IMO it is not a question of "complaining/whining" it is merely a question of "time value" (if you are unclear of what that is, search).

For me, my time is much more valuable to me than perhaps someone who plays the game 40+ hours a week which is the equivalence of a full time job to them - or perhaps that is just how they choose to live their life.

For me there is a great big world out there and I've not experienced 1% of it yet (and I've traveled quite a bit).

We're not getting any younger you know ;)

Many of us work and value our time... we have jobs, we have families, we have real issues we deal with, we pay bills, we go out and experience the world.

Time/value - as Leonitas states what value does the repetition of doing some of the timelines on every alt have for a dedicated player with a full time job? None.

Nor does it have value for those who have the ability to do it over and over and over ad nauseum...

Look at it this way, having a bauble to be able to bring alts along frees up the HC players time as well - it also doesn't mean just because it exists you MUST use it - you would always be free to grind away at your hearts content while the rest of us catch up to our mains.

I do believe however, if it did exist the HC player would not be chastising players in threads about whining and would be using it themselves...

I guarantee it!
    Jtoon, Dude, Prissetta and 1 other person like this.
  12. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I agree that it's a good thing that they try to correct or address whatever problems arise. And, when they do it well, they should be given credit. That doesn't change the fact that they made the problems to begin with. Any number of conversations could be had about the rest of the details, but that point would remain.
    Tekka and Gnomesandhairyfrogloks like this.
  13. Nelie Well-Known Member

Like I said, the amount of time it takes to get to ascension level 9, people could be using time wisely (since we are talking about time value) working on pre-reqs, even if it is only 1-3 hours a day. I work 40+ hours a week and have 3 toons done with epic 2.0 because I used my time to do pre-reqs while waiting to get to level 9 ascension (Time management is key here). Only people making this a job are the ones who are over complicating things.

Now, I would fully agree with you here had they NEVER changed the system in the first place keeping the 24h scroll thing (only 7 per week @ 1 per 24 hours)...but now we can get scrolls 18 hours, weekly bonus scrolls every week just for talking to your trainner, bonus scrolls for completing weekly missions, vitality like xp going back into the bank for free, free 7m pots for alts, the ability to skip factions for alts, 30-50 free potency tithe, and soon to come a free boost to level 5 ascension. People are still acting like they never changed a thing and act so ungrateful. (note: I am not saying the system implemented wasn't terrible and these tiny small fixes shouldn't be needed because of that)
    Milchbart likes this.
  14. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

I agree that the current alt-bauble is insufficient, it should be beefed up.
    StaticLex, santargria and Leonitas like this.
  15. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

I sure haven't said they did nothing. I complimented the xpac, pq's, summer promo, tinkerfest, etc. I think, and I feel the silent majority would agree, that while the alt bauble is appreciated, they need to do more for alts. I feel once someone does 2.0 in it's entirety, that account should be flagged and able to buy a bauble to skip all old content aspects of 2.0. Factions, Sig lines, city timeline, etc. Just focus on the quest itself, the new content they created for this expansion. You could skip the bauble and still enjoy all the time sinks, if that's your thing. I also strongly feel it should be for the entire account, like the brilliant way they handled the summer promo; an account wide coin that tells the merchant they can buy the bauble even on test, Euro server, etc.
  16. Ronjah Active Member

mayhaps not everyone is playing this game 24/7 ?
    Crastinal, Jtoon, ConcealFate and 2 others like this.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

It has 4 days of playtime, and it has been left on all night 3 times.
  18. Nelie Well-Known Member

That is some hardcore play time. You must live in your basement and play 24/7 still ;)
    santargria likes this.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

I guess I've been found out... Damnit.
    Juraiya likes this.
  20. Pharone Active Member

Maybe I'm in the minority on this point of view, but I think that your alts should have just as much effort put in to them as you put in to your main if you want them to reach the same level as your main. In other words, I don't believe you should get any shortcuts just because you have a main that has already done it.

I think you are devaluing the accomplishment of anybody else that put the time in to get a character of that specific class to that point by getting anything given to you on your alt of that class JUST BECAUSE you have an already maxed out character of another class.

If you want 25 high end characters, then it should take you 25x the effort to get there... not 1 real effort and 24 drag along efforts.

But, that's just my opinion.